View Poll Results: Who will be crowned the UK's Next Drag SUPERSTAR?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • A'Whora

0 0%
  • Asttina Mandella

0 0%
  • Bimini Bon Boulash

0 0%
  • Cherry Valentine

0 0%
  • Ellie Diamond

0 0%
  • Ginny Lemon

0 0%
  • Joe Black

0 0%
  • Lawrence Chaney

0 0%
  • Sister Sister

0 0%
  • Tayce

0 0%
  • Tia Kofi

1 100.00%
  • Veronica Green

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DragRaceUK [SEASON 2]

DRAG RACE UK
    [Season 2]

https://www.instagram.com/gwcb/

A brand new season, with brand new queens!!! Let us discuss, post reviews, fan art! OH MY GOD FAN ART! I love the fan art! Anything and everything. Obviously this will be a post-COVID season (I believe it was filmed in September-October between the UK lockdowns). How it will pan out, what will be effected, whether werk-room Ru will interact with the queens, or will it all be done via zoom... who knows? HA! All I know is Raven was there doing her make-up (thank gawd). Obviously this is very focused on season 2 of UK Drag Race (there is a separate thread for Drag Race Season 13), but post any drag race love you want (queens coming to your local clubs, new songs out, etc). But... please let's none of us attack the queens. EVER! Criticize them, yes, but let's remember it's drag! It's silly. It's fun. And while a queen can come off as "talentless" ON THE SHOW, that doesn't mean they aren't a fierrrrrrce queen in "the other real world" (as my teacher once said). 2020 has been a rough old year, so be kind. Please. To quote Alaska "for f*ck sake... it's just drag."

REGARDING SPOILERS!
    Please, please use spoiler tags! I think if we all wait till Sunday to stop using them, that should be fine
    [as any die hard drag race fan would have seen the show by Sunday, or avoided all on-line media, so they won't see it regardless]

THE QUEENS
    Bimini Bon Boulash. Bttm2. WON LIPSYNC. WORE IT BEST. [mini ep#4]. High. WINNING TEAM. W. SNATCH GAME. High. W. [PUPPETS]. W.
    Lawrence Chaney. PHOTOSHOOT. Top3. [LEADER OF LORDING IT UP]. Low. WORE IT BEST. W. ["Top Toot" ep#3]. W. WINNING TEAM. W. Bttm2. WON LIPSYNC. Low. High. High.
    Ellie Diamond. High. High. UP FOR ELIMINATION. LOSING TEAM. High. [mini ep#8]. Low. Bttm2.
    Tayce. ["Top Toot" ep#1]. [TRADE MINISTER]. Bttm2. WON LIPSYNC. [mini ep#3]. UP FOR ELIMINATION. WINNING TEAM. W. High. Bttm2. WON LIPSYNC. Bttm2. WON LIPSYNC.

A'Whora. [SECRETARY OF SHADE]. ["Top Toot" ep#2]. WORE IT BEST. High. WINNING TEAM. W. Low. W. ELIMINATED
    Sister Sister. Low. WORE IT BEST. Bttm2. LOSING TEAM. [READING]. ELIMINATED
    Tia Kofi. [BARONESS BASIC]. High. Bttm2. WON LIPSYNC. LOSING TEAM. Bttm2. WON LIPSYNC. ELIMINATED
    Joe Black. ELIMINATED. VOTED BACK IN. LOSING TEAM. ELIMINATED. ["Top Toot" ep#5]
    Veronica Green. W. [mini ep#3]. WORE IT BEST. Low. ["Top Toot" ep#4] [REMOVED DUE TO TESTING POSITIVE FOR COVID]
    Ginny Lemon. UP FOR ELIMINATION. Low. DISQUALIFIED
    Asttina Mandella. W. UP FOR ELIMINATION. ELIMINATED
    Cherry Valentine. ELIMINATED
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-17-2021 at 03:52 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Kieran Frost's "TROPHY HALL OF FAME"
    Every season, as well as keeping a tally of the queens who win, lose, high, low, mini-challenge, lipsync, etc... I also give out my own little awards: for the performance, runway, and (if it's great) the lipsync. I also give out a Glittered Raspberry if one queen, really is delivering some grade A BULLLLLLLLLSH*T!

TROPHIES
    7. Bimini Bon Boulash. RUsical Trophy. Performance Trophy. Snatch Game Trophy. Runway Trophy. Stand-up Trophy. Runway Trophy. Puppet Trophy.
    5. A'Whora. Runway Trophy. Runway Trophy. Performance Trophy. Runway Trophy. Runway Trophy. Runway Trophy.
    4. Tayce. Lipsync Trophy. Lipsync Trophy. Lipsync Trophy. Performance Trophy.
    2. Tia Kofi. Runway Trophy. Lipsync Trophy
    2. Joe Black. Entrance Trophy. Runway Trophy
    1. Lawrence Chaney. Runway Trophy.
    1. Ellie Diamond. Runway Trophy.
    1. Sister Sister. Lipsync Trophy.
    1. Veronica Green. Runway Trophy.
    1. Asttina Mandella. Promo Trophy.

Glittered Raspberry
    ep1. A'Whora... for being a 'lewk' queen thinking an ASOS jacket can't win a runway
    ep2. Asttina Mandella... she is not an actress, but thinks she's good at it.
    ep3. NOT GIVEN
    ep4. Ginny Lemon... for giving up
    ep5. Sister Sister... I'm sorry, but I think you stole that look
    ep6. NOT GIVEN
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-17-2021 at 07:42 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

MEET THE QUEENS

This is where we get our first look at the 12 new queens from Season 2 of #DragRaceUK. We get 3 minutes of an interview and a chance to enjoy their first look. This isn't as important as your entrance look (because the majority don't watch the online videos) but it's still an example of what's to come. The queens who 'get it' are the ones who get far, so let's see who 'gets it'. Of course I could be completely wrong...

MY FRONT RUNNER
    BIMINI BON BOULASH
    "I invented Veganism about 7 years ago."
    I loved this pink Tudor absurdity, it was so fun and detailed. The headpiece, the ruffles, the specific accessories; all done so well. If Patsy from Absolutely Fabulous went the route of Anna Nicole Smith... but in Elizabethan times; THAT is this look. HA! On top of that her personality is a little bit chavy (in a good way); so fun and real. It's absurd, it's silly, she doesn't take herself too seriously (even seems a little bit drunk - I'm sure she wasn't - which adds to the charm). It was all so Patsy and I loved it. My favourite.

LOVED
    ASTTINA MANDELLA
    [so sorry, forgot to write down a quote, too busy being obsessed with that ass]
    Ummmmm... so... I have a huge crush. THOSE THIGHS! That ass! I have such a thing for dancers, with tight ballet asses. I'd 100% f*ck him out of drag, ha! Add in that this stunning beauty is also a huge nerd; name checking anime, wizards, superheroes, Star Wars... oh my days. So much fun, so honest and believable! I'm rooting for her. It was so good I'll even ignore that wonky eyelash (to quote Alaska: "What was with that eyelash... gurrrrrrrl?"). Not sure if she could win, but he can get in my bed.

GINNY LEMON
    "I'm 17 and I'm from Worcester... just like the sauuuuuce."
    Oh my god, it's Sue Pollard! BWAHAHAHAHA! Oh what absurdist goodness is this? Now Krystal last season never did it for me, it wasn't that I think Drag Queens can't have body hair, but it never seemed to go with what she was selling. But with Ginny... I GET IT! This white face, blue eye brows, HA-UGE yellow feathered sack of Big Bird's remains with her hairy man hands sticking out the bottom, each finger tattooed with K A T E / B U S H. BWAHAHAHAHA! It was all ridiculous and I got who she was in seconds. This queen is gonna make me laughhhhhhh! Do I see her winning though, not really.

JOE BLACK
    "Nanas love me. I go out there, play my George Formby and they think 'what a strange young man'."
    This, to me, is quintessential UK drag: it's comedic, in-your-face, harmless and self-deprecating as hell. Dressed as a fashionable Sharon Needles (#shade), I loved the huge pointy shoulders, clawed hands and I have no idea what was on that wig, but I loved it. She looks like an evil queen from a panto, and acts like it too (a genuinely loveable b*tch). YAS, EVIL KWEEEEEN! I could see a queen this rooted in herself and polished getting to the top, or even winning.

LAWRENCE CHANEY
    "I'm almost the Fat B*stard of Drag."
    Another Tudor inspired look, this time serving Mary Queen of Scots via a purple rhinestone glue machine, haha! No, I actually really enjoyed it. The ruffles, that wig, that RICH velvet. Rich. Expensive. Expensive rich. And the body was on-point! I wasn't sure about the make-up though. Regardless, this is a fiery Scottish Bonnie and he knows it! Utter silliness and not trying to be anything but her own ridiculous self. He made me laugh the most; the entire time he was on screen I was smiling from ear-to-ear. That personality alone will see him get far in the competition.

LIKED
    CHERRY VALENTINE
    I loved this look, LOVED! IT! I loved it even more when the Boulet Brothers wore it. HA! I don't mean to be shady, but from the red eyes, to the Spider Queen headpiece, the dagger nails, shoulders out and the tightness of the body... it was 100% Boulet Brother realness (avec moi, ce soir). Regardless, it was beautifully put together and that laugh... gives me hope. She seems very real, which I like a lot. Honest... but still a queen. And when she said she grew up on a gypsy camp I knew I'd like her. The jury is still out on her originality though.

ELLIE DIAMOND
    If Joe Black is the evil queen from a panto, then Ellie Diamond is the dame (with a bit of Glinda the Good thrown in). There was so much pink, so many curls and swirls and I loved it. That gnome hat was everything! If Little Bo Peep became a Fairy Godmother this would be the result. That said... she's 21 years old, looks 45 and is 6 foot 4 inches? DAMN!!! A Scottish giant. She was fun and I liked her; but I think Lawrence is stealing my love of Scotland harder.

SISTER SISTER
    I would not want to be a Liverpool queen going into DragRaceUK Season 2, knowing the last winner was from Liverpool. That's some BIG shoes to fill. I liked what she was wearing, and didn't at the same time. This giant ruffled pillow case, looking like Veruca Salt's AFTER the blueberry; with such huge, shiny lips on the stomach. It was a choice, it was a concept. So I respect it. Like Crystal Methy'd entering as a shiny green clown in S12... not sure I love the end result, but I appreciate a big swing. She seems soft, maybe shy, but confident too. Potential to be a smiling assassin...

FILLER
    A'WHORA
    The make-up is cool, love that Mr Whippy quaff of a wig, not sure about the curl on the face but I love that it's glittered. That aqua-blue is a great colour on her, but I wasn't sure about the huge pillow on her shoulders. It seemed... odd. And speaking of odd... her personality was non-existent. It was all the same recycled drag catchphrases, attitude and drag lingo that (basically) any fan of drag race uses. She felt utterly unoriginal (and from a self proclaimed look queen... I question this look). Then again I thought the same thing about Cheryl Hole and look how far she got... so what do I know?

TAYCE
    I used to live near Newport, Wales! Sidebar. Anyway I liked the look, the pearl white looked beautiful on her skin, though I wasn't sure about some of the feathered placement, especially on her chest and knees. While expensive, it did seem a little 'hodge podge'. I liked that she speaks Welsh, and brought a lot of sass. I'm not sure I saw the "real" her yet; she had confidence and attitude (which I liked) but nothing to root for. Yet. This made me chuckle though: "I'm like a sexy owl, here to peck your face away with my claws. Peck, peck, peck." HA!

TIA KOFI
    The look is very Cleopatra, which I liked. LOVED those braids, they looked expensive and the giant 'TIA' earrings were fun (it was a great colour on her). She was giving me a little Cheryl Hole vibes (Essex, girl group), which isn't necessarily a compliment. She can't sow, and I appreciate the honesty but... that lack of commitment worries me. She seems truthful, seems to know herself and I love a young queen who has reverence for old school drag. You don't always have to be talking about reinventing the wheel, sometimes the wheel is just fine.

VERONICA GREEN
    I love the dress, the ruffles are great, the make-up is good but... all a little boring. Lippy, eye shadow, done. And she's a little masculine in the jawline (but not intentionally so, based on the rest of the presentation). She... she seems unsure. She seems to have zero faith in herself... and truthfully I got vibes of "I failed as an actor, so let's try this to get that fame I crave so much another way." Gotta be honest, she gave me 'first out' vibes.

PROMO TROPHY: Asttina Mandella. This... chocolate ruffled crop-top hoodie! It's so original and fun; showing off her muscled thighs, solid abs abs abs for days, and that ass. Her long wig coming out just on one side, down her front, highlighting the big hoop earring on the other. It was evvvvvverything! She says "hip-hop Jedi" and she would be right. LOVED THIS!!!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-12-2021 at 02:32 PM.

DRAGRACE UK
    S2 EP1
    'Allo Kweens. Can you Adam and Eve it? It's a brand new season of Drag Race UK; and these queens are here to make our Covid lives MUCH BETTA'. Interestingly, unlike in America, the judges panel is not isolated from each other behind glass. Though this may change as -- SPOILERS -- the first four episodes were shot early 2020, but they weren't able to resume filming the rest of the series till Oct 2020. There is no twist this season, it's just good ol' fashion Drag Race. Ladies... start your engines... and may the best red wig and a silver dress... win!

ENTRANCE LOOKS
    For most viewers, this is the first moment to meet the queens. It matters. It's the first impression, a chance to instantly show who you are... and it's a look you have a) complete free range of, b) the most time to prepare. It's right up there with 'finale runway' and 'crowning look' in importance. So don't f*ck it up...
    Lawrence Chaney. I LOVE this print, it's so vibrant and unusual, like gold oil dipped in purple water. I'm not sure about the white bejazzled gloves or the shape of the hair, but overall it was very beautiful and this is a thicker queen who knows how to pad. Very funny, very self-deprecating. Here for it!
    Cherry Valentine. Oh my god, that do-over after she knocks her headpiece off in the doorway... hilarious. HAHAHA! Anyway: the look... I love this look. It's horror vampire meets Mariachi Flamenco lady. The padding seems a little odd on the hips, but the huge sleeves with the red glitter trim, the make-up, and the placement of the cuts on her body (to accent her figure perfectly) were all top notch. The blood splatter on the nails was SO, SO COOL The make-up is still very Boulet Brothers but I think I need to just get over that (it's not like the Boulet Brothers invented that look, they just did it the most iconic). Interesting out of drag he looks like Alan Cummings.
    Tia Kofi. That... wig... is... AWFUL!. The fake reveal was funny and I loved the leopard print, all-in-one gloved look. Though the stockings clashed badly, and that lion mane thirsty hair... so, so thirsty. Soju looking at the others de-draging thirsty.
    Bimini Bon Boulash. Oh. I liked this, to a degree, LOVE the boots and the colour combo and hair is great. I even like the vagazzled vagina, but overall it seems a little... odd, not quite warrioress, not quite a stripper, yet an odd mix of the two. And I dont want her saying she's vegan all the time. Breastplate was well disguised, Tamisha Iman could take notes.
    Ginny Lemon. I really liked this, it's a lot more tailored version of her "Meet the Queens" look. Love the shaping of the dress and the peek-a-boo around the armpits. That orange purse and the lemon earrings! SO GOOD! It was silly but very well tailored. "Fancy a Sliiiiiiiice" necklace was super fun too. She told us who she was and it worked. Bravo.
    Ellie Diamond. If Trixie Mattel's aesthetic met Kim Chi's make-up... I feel we'd get Ellie Diamond. I liked this, it was very polished, glad to see a mermaid skirt done right. Love the heart cut outs, the hair. It was all so well put-together and detailed. I just... didn't find it 'exciting'. The idea is very done. Beautifully excecuted, true; credit to her skills as a seamstress, but still a bit meh.
    Sister Sister. On the one hand I don't love it. The patterns, colour pallet were jarring... it all seemed a little TOO long, spacious and hanging for that silouette. On the other hand the intentional nod to period, THEN twisting it in her own style, add in the beautiful wig and the boldness of covering the entire area around her mouth in blue... I like that originality. It excited me.
    Tayse. I LOVE THIS JACKET! Crazy for it! Banksy meets pop-art; punk and playful all in one. It was fantastically shaped, with those hard edges, paired perfectly with the black latex thigh-high boots. The clips in the hair were a fantastic touch many would ignore. And that lonnnnnng Naomi Small's hair. This was very very very very cool, powerful and fierce. Tayse gives me a lot of fierce! Also out of drag he's super hot and sounds sooooo sexy.
    Veronica Green. This was Milk's 'glamour' dress from season 6 (done right) with Courtney Act's face painted on. I saw ZERO originality. It was pretty and the colour is great on her. The end.
    Asttina Mandella. THOSE. F*CKING. THIGHS! I mean this is stellar. It was beautifully cut, I loved the black tights and arms against this grey floor length high-waisted Jedi jacket with one button holding it together. Tayse had long hair, but Asstina has THE hair. The one and only. So shiny and perfect. The face is beat, the thighs... the thighs... woof, the thighs. GAWD, he's gorgeous. And so polished, this reminded me of the Vivienne: entered knowing "I'm gonna f*cking win!" This would be the entrance trophy, were it not for Joe Black.
    A'Whora. I got the reference one she said "there really is no place like home". But if you have to tell us... I think as a reimagined Dorothy Gale look it's clever, but I admire the idea more than the overall effect. There is something about the crotch and tights that didn't work. And again she mentioned fashion... this wil be an ongoing issue this episode, but let's kick it off by saying this: when's the fashion part going to start?
    ENTRANCE TROPHY: Joe Black. I just loved this, it was all... so immaculate. The black 1920's Norman Desmond styling with the cape and the turban, the dark green of the feather, the green lining of the cape. The barcoded tights to extender the illusion, the solid bronze curl. That jewel!!! It was just GORGEOUS! This was stunning, make-up perfect. The Gloria Swanson of drag!

MINI-CHALLENGE WIMBLED'HUN
    This was very silly. I'm pleased they didn't try and bring back the "recorded" photos from season 1, and Kevin McDaid... is a HOTTIE photographer (go look up his naked pics, you won't be disappointed). I always love a photoshoot, though I feel this one... produced few good photos. I wasn't sure about a lot of these outfit changes. Lawrence was funny, yes; but that photo was stupid. I don't think he should have won. I loved Veronica Green's idea for a photo, very 1960s BUT she herself is forgettable in the shot, it's the Brit Crew who sold it. I applaud Asttina and Cherry for actually looking like tennis players, and I think Asttina had the best photo (personally).

BACK IN THE WERK ROOM...
    2020 was 50th anniversary of the Gay Liberation Front; and to celebrate the queens have to do two runways (similar to the first episode of DragRaceUK Season 1). It was odd the queens acted like doing two looks in the first episode was a shock... did they not see Season 1??? Lawrence not taking off his makeup because he feels vulnerable out of drag was completely understandable. I get it, and his shyness really touched me. I am rooting for this him! Then we came to a fascinating discussion between Asttina and Tayse (who are both doing Naomi Campbell for the 'icon of drag') because they didn't have any black LGBT+ UK icons to choose. I'm so pleased this was talked about, and I hope this conversation helps others watching the show. And it was kind of the show not to put them one-after-another on the runway. THAT SAID... I would have loved if one of them had done Justin Fashanu (the first ever prominent out footballer, who sadly saw his promising career destroyed when he revealed he was gay in 1990).

[TO BE CONTINUED]
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-18-2021 at 02:29 PM.

[PART II]

CATEGORY IS... UK GAY ICONS
    TOOT
    Asttina Mandella as Naomi Campbell. Beautiful look, and of course I loved his rocking muscular body just visible beneath that sheer fabric. It's a great replica of now she looked... I don't think it was quintessential Naomi. I question "why this one?" of ALL Naomi's looks; but it was meticulously remade and I did enjoy it a lot (she SOLD IT on the runway).
    Ginny Lemonas Kate Bush. YASSS! See you go for the iconic: Kate Bush. Wuthering Heights video. SOLD! The replication was okay, she sold it on the runway with the iconic movements, but it's just a red dress, not patterned like Kate Bush's in the video. Still, I got it. Job done.
    Bimini Bon Boulash as Princess Julia. I didn't know this person, didn't hate the idea. I think it was a good look, but I have no reference for this. So it left me numb.
    Lawrence Chaney as Dame Dianna Rigg. LOVED!!! I didn't need them to tell me who he was, I instantly got it. THAT is how you do it! And it wasn't just in the costume, he painted his face to match her style. Oh and this outfit, the detailing! The fit was stunning, the colour perfect. THE HAIR WAS IDENTICAL!!! It was a slam dunk. He looked like her, even if not petite, it is possible to replicate an icon. The reveal was fantastic too. Best damn catsuit ever.
    Cherry Valentine as Freddie Mercury. Again, I got it INSTANTLY! This was such a brilliant idea of how to do a male gay icon while still being a drag queen. I thought the replication in the face was great, using the hoover was a fun touch (I just wish he'd cut the wire, we didn't need it). That said the outfit did look a little cheap...
    Sister Sister as Dusty Springfield. I totally got this, to me it was iconic Dusty. I 100% know this outfit, and I saw it in the presentation. The makeup was Dusty, the hair was Dusty, this was really good. Simple but pretty.
    Tayse as Naomi Campbell. This actually gave more Naomi (in face and look) than Asttina, it felt more of an iconic Naomi, it just... looked a little cheaper.

BOOT
    Joe Black as David Bowie. I... hmmmm... I don't know why you'd do THIS look for David Bowie? The lightning bolt is the iconic look. Or the Goblin King. Even putting that aside, the hair and make-up didn't give me Bowie. It wasn't a replication I could root for. I obviously can see the connection, but I don't think it was detailed enough in other areas (hair/make-up) to complete the transformation into a drag replica while still maintaining the effect. I didn't hate it, but didn't love it.
    Veronica Green as Boy George. I do think this replication was the most detailed and intricut, it was very impressive. BUT... it was 100% man. There was nothing feminine about it, and think of the Vivienne being Pete Burns in Season 1. It was a FEMALE Pete Burns. With this look there was no clever feminising, it was a literal replication of a man. YES, Boy George is 'gender bent', I understand... but this is a show about drag queens. Not kings. Controversial, I know...
    A'Whora as Vivienne Westwood. This was... interesting. I don't think the colours worked, and the mismatching tartan didn't go with the ruffles or the make-up. It was an idea. It didn't work for me. 'Fashion kween'. Hmmmm...
    b]Ellie Diamond as Lily Savage[/b]. This didn't give me Lily Savage, AT ALL, and it was the easiest of the icons for a drag queen to pay homage to. That make-up was Ellie's NOT Lily's. Think of Lawrence, she did Emma Peel's hair, Emma Peel's make-up. This was Ellie in a fabric that maybe Lily would wear, but not at that length, and not padded like that. It was a miss.
    RUNWAY TROPHY: Tia Kofi as Alan Turing. I LOVED THIS!!! I think it was such a fashion forward way of conveying such a masculine icon. The green computer board pattern lining on the sleeves, the colour and pocket; the 100101011100 patterns all over his suit (in rainbow colours, no less) was so sophisticated. The pink colouring in the grey hair, freeing the chains at the start. Just marvelous. I actually loved everything about it and felt it was such an intelligent way of doing this concept.

CATEGORY IS... QUEEN OF YOUR HOME TOWN
    TOOT
    Asttina Mandella (East London). LOVED that wig, braided with gold clips. I know that girl! The jacket was fantastic (who cares if it's from ASOS, it looked great). The thighs were everything, and the chicken shop addition was inspired. This was a great look. Five for five. Lewk queen!
    Tia Kofi (Nottingham). This was Robin Hood BUT it was taken that extra mile, it was almost Elven archer goddess; an avant-garde way of doing Robin Hood. I applaud the creativity, and LOVED the colour combo in the outfit. The hair matching the inner lining of the cloak was beautiful. She was FIERCE (and I think she should have been Top 3).
    Lawrence Chaney (Glasgow). What a creative idea for Glasgow, I echo Michelle that NOT going tartan was an applause worthy choice. And a fantastic shape on her, she really knows how to pad and worker herself. Loved the print, the quaffed hair with the same colour at the base of the mermaid skirt. Creative, well done, make-up is great, that hat was wonderful, period but modern, love it. A fantastic statement.
    Cherry Valentine (Darlington). I loved this steampunk Victoria chmney sweep, it as fantasyic, loved hair and make-up, the grey for ash, but it was giving me poodle. Don't know why. Just such a polished look, no Boulet Brother in sight, YASSS!
    Veronica Green (Lancashire). Once I realised she was doing the rose from the flag I thought it was kinda cool and captured the colours beautifully. Ultimately it was just a pretty dress. Needed a little more white, love the roses in the hair, but not my favourite.
    Sister Sister (Liverpool). I liked it, a Scouse woman in PJs and rollers, make-up was good, liked the curlers matching the pocket and side-slit. But it was... hardly original. Let's just say that.
    Tayse (Newport). I LOVED THIS!!! This is possibly the best version of a Welsh flag as an outfit I've ever seen, using the face of the dragon as the corset, with the white and green fur. Great shape, great concept, not intractable in presenting dragon (as you don't see it face head-on, normally) and that SOLD black horned hair was an extra brilliant touch. This was an excellent look, and can't wait to see the fan art of it. But this is Wales, not Newport. Not hometown. Which is why it didn't get the trophy.

BOOT
    Joe Black (Brighton). Was it beautiful, yes. Did it give me the pavilion, no. It was gorgeous and detailed and gave me panto dame (which is very Brighton), but I see why it was a misfire. If you asked me what city this was, I wouldn't have guess. And YASSS Elizabeth Hurley saying it's more Elizabethan than Regency, spot on the money and shady af.
    Ginny Lemon (Worcester). LOVED that she was paying homage to a Drag King Bester Tilly. It as very well put together and detailed. But looked very masculine. I get it, king, but still. QUEEN of your Hometown. Don't do not you, and a king. Completely missed the category.
    Bimini Bon Boulash (Norwich). I hated this, I saw that tape too. So tacky, didn't fit, I respect the idea but it wasn't polished. Hair didn't work, too manly. Just... horrible.
    A'Whora (Nottingham). This looked like a rented Robin Hood costume from a costume shop. And she's fashion??? This idea was done vastly better by Tia. Next.
    RUNWAY TROPHY: Ellie Diamond (Dundee). This Dennis the Menace mermaid latex skirt was SO GOOD! So clever, such a brilliant creation. THIS is how you do a masculine idea feminine, and I applaud it. Such a clever, stellar, beautifully done look, body on point, peek-a-boo of crotch was great. Just a home run. The fact she made this too is an extra brilliance, just a fantastic job.

LIPSYNC
    "Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood
    Considering how bad hte lipsyncs were last season, this was actually pretty good and not terrible for the first lipsync of any season (where the lipsyncs are often kinda poor). Last year we had Gothy KenDoll's weak ass performance; so this was a step up. The first half was really great and playful and different, I just feel Joe ran out of steam, and what was that elevator moment??? I really didn't understand it. NOT lipsyncing for a 'gag' that isn't funny is just such a mistake. Bimi's stunts were good during the verse break, and overall was more effortless. Not one for the books but still enjoyable. Just very sad Joe got eliminated, I was SOOOOOOOOO excited for him, but based on this lipsync it was a fair elimination.

OVERALL
    A wonderful season opener, with a huge bunch of personality. These are POLISHED queens, no Hodge-podge here. I laughed a lot, and loved the runways (though could have had a little more excitement in the "Gay icon" category... NO SIR IAN??? RUDE!!!). And Elizabeth Hurley was a FABULOUS intelligent, insightful judge and I want more of her (and the b*tch has not aged a day). So many fun queens, and served in such a British way. Very excited for ep2.
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: B+]

NEXT WEEKS...
    RATS, the Musical. YYASSSSSS!!! Shady af, and I love it. Also it seems they do a Elf mini-challenge????
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-18-2021 at 02:28 PM.

DRAG RACE UK
    EPISODE II
    "Welcome to RuPaul's Rat Race. It's a dog eat dog world, and you're gonna need more than nine lives to survive. So get ready to chew up that scenery. OFFICIALLY!" ~ Mama Ru

The queens come back in the werk room after Joe Black's elimination (still sad about it). And everyone is shocked. The queens congratulate Asttina on her win, but then it comes up A'whora thought Asttina should be in the bottom... because of that ASOS jacket. It's so rude. WHO CARES it's from ASOS? It's such snobbery, Drag Race isn't about who spends the most, but who delivers what is asked best. It's clear who the villain of the season is...

IT'S A NEW DAY IN THE YOU BETTA WERK ROOM...
    Asttina has her badge on it, Ellie is wearing elf ears (for some reason???) and Tayse looks sooooo sexy in this Resident Evil Chris Redfield black combat armour. He flooded my basement. For the mini-challenge the queens must enter a hung parliament, grab that poll and vote! Because voting is what? FUN-DE-MENTAL!
    Secretary of Shade (shadiest queen)... A'Whora
    Trade Minister (hottest out of drag)... Tayse
    Leader of the House Lording It Up (cockiest queen)... Lawrence Chaney
    Baroness Basic (need I say more)... Tia Kofi

RATS! THE RUSICAL! LIVE!
    Unknown to the queens, whoever they vote 'Baroness Basic' will assign roles, and Tia does a very fair job, it was so well cast. The queens have to sing LIVE to the off-off-off-off West End production of "Rats! The Rusical". When I saw the trailer last week I said all I want is shade about the human hands, and I got that moment, so I was happy. As musicals go I thought it was good, but sometimes hard to understand/pick up all the lyrics; and that's probably because they were singing live. I understand why they are doing it live, since a lot more UK queens sing live over lipsync BUT... they haven't done a live singing challenge since Season 10 because Asia O'Hara messed up the words and therefore made it impossible to sell on iTunes. So... interesting risk...

THE RAT PACK aka THE EXTRAS
    A Jazz number, and for the most part I enjoyed them. Lawrence was a bit all over the place with the dancing BUT compensated by making every line he delivered GOLD with bag(pipes) of energy. Where as Cherry was so focused on Lawrence missing the beat, it all just faded into the background. Sister Sister did a good job, and overall it was fun, silly, shady number. I really liked it.

EVITA
    I can't believe I discounted Veronica Green? She said she had 10 years experience in musical theatre and it showed. She was so confident, controlling every movement and look. So perfectly slutty and the reveal of those terrifying mice sucking on her teets... BWAHAHAHA! She did a fantastic job, and felt the most musical theatre (to me).

JANE
    Asttina said she was a great actress... she lied. This was TERRIBLE. She did the Kameron Michaels/Scaredy Kat "ohhhhhhh, whyyyy, boo hoo, poor meeeeeee". It was so terrible, annoying and she should have been in the bottom. And in rehearsal she was missing cues, not on the ball... and she does this professionally? I will say the ingenue is a hard role; I see so many actresses deliver such boring performances in that role, but you can make them scene stealing. Make them super dumb, super horny, fake innocent (but secretly a b*tch). Do something! Asttina did NOTHING. I actually found Kameron Michaels better in Breastworld.

DAME DOODIE STENCH & SPECIMEN ONE
    Basically Ian McKellan and Judi Dench, and both did such a good job. I think Ginny Lemon was very funny, nailed all her interludes and made me smile every-time she performed. It wasn't layered, but it was very well done. And Tia Kofi... she had that one moment and she SMASHED IT! She had the best verse, it was a great song fully of clever humour and it was the show-stopping number. The Sha-blam, dragging herself off stage... I howled.

SCAT RAT & SCABBIES
    To me this was the weakest group. Tayse had better energy, but the moment she said DRAG Race not RAT Race it threw her and she crashed. I was so sad that fun "rewind rewind rewind" spin didn't make it in. She spent so much time watching Ellie and lost it... BUT then did recover once it got to her verse, and did so well in that moment. I applaud stumbling and fighting to comeback from it. And Ellie... was just there. I actually thought she was the most forgettable of the whole musical. For me the bottom 3 should have been Ellie, Asttina and Tayce.

MS DYSENTERY & DEPRAVITY.
    Arguably the best group; and this is mostly thanks to Bimi. Bimi SLAYYYYED this role. Yes, it was so in-tune to her as an artist, but that is a double-edged sword and she delivered. It was punk, tough, tons of energy, and the Phantom of the Opera beginning made me chuckle. She channeled Sid Vicious and it was gold. That stupid white moustache. BWAHAHAHA! A'Whora was funny in the deep moments, but Bimi stole the show.
    RUSICAL TROPHY: Bimini Bon Boulash.

CATEGORY IS... SURPRISE, SURPRISE!
    To be clear this isn't a "reveal" necessarily, it's a surprise. I wish Ru had got the Vivienne on a video to impersonate Cilla Black and say "Surprise! Surprise!"
    TOOT
    Lawrence Chaney. I didn't love this huge blue outfit, it didn't seem to fit. Lawrence has such a strong understanding of how to pad his body, and I get it was off due to the fabric underneath. But it still felt 'eh'. BUT the end result is excellent; this huge tartan dress with a stellar shape and a super fun little tartan fascinator hat. Add in the fake pulling off the pants and the second ever 'clap back' during the runway (Bob the Drag Queen was the first)... it was a Toot.
    Ginny Lemon. Mrs Overall!!! This was quintessential Ginny Lemon; it was so fun, so stupid and so odd. The yellow crocs on her feet, with the red crocs earrings... I LIVED!!! And for years... FOR YEARS... I have wanted a reveal that was the same outfit underneath. AND I GOT IT! This was stupid wonderful, and shame on the judges for not putting Ginny in the Top3 for this moment alone.
    Asttina Mandella. Body is stunning, loved this hot pink Mortal Combat warrioress with the face mask and thigh-high tights. The small bob, the yellow eyes, the sais; it was a great runway. So sexy, so polished. And I loved the monster teeth mouth surprise.
    Veronica Green. This Stepford Wives look with the subtle robot eyes, to make her seem dead was so good. MINUS the huge hoop skirt, it would have been much shorter for that period. But flipping off the wig and mechanically revealing THE BEST robot look we've ever seen on the runway, in Metropolis gold. BEAUTIFUL!

BOOT
    Tia Kofi. Tofi said she's got her three worst looks out of the way... I liked her first runway looks. This was awful. Everything about it was terrible.
    Ellie Diamond. I liked the Scarecrow inspired look. The Tin Man was fine, even though the hair didn't go with the look. The Lion was better. But where was Dorothy? I'd accept the basic effect of the four looks, because she's doing four reveals. But three? You don't reveal three of the four Beatles. NO!
    Cherry Valentine. I didn't mind this yellow polka-dot look with the black balloon, didn't love the shape. The confetti balloon was fun, I liked the bows on the back of the shoes. But I hated that second look. As surprises go... meh.
    Sister Sister. I hated this first look, the black gloves made no sense, the makeup was BUSTED and chunky. The reveal... I was... no. She reminds me of Priscilla Chambers from Dragula. I did like the bald Frankenstein reveal at the end.
    Tayse. Red cloak into a red dress into a red body suit. Okay. The face and hair, splattered in blood was everything. The face was iconic! THE EYES! The eyebrows! YAAS!!! But the outfits were a miss. Soft boot.
    RUNWAY TROPHY: A'Whora. Loved this Victorian gentleman, with the top hat and cane revealing an epic bride underneath. It was the best reveal, I didn't see it coming, the largest transformation, and the curl over her eyes was beautiful. This was brilliant.

LIPSYNC
    Tayse vs Cherry Valentine to Elaine Paige "Memories". I mean... WOW! This was the best lipsync we've seen on Drag Race UK to date. FACTS! Tayce! Owned! EVERYTHING! I understood why Cherry didn't move, this is a song about emotions and heart... but you're being asked to lipsync not sing "Memories" as you would on a West End stage. And Tayce found the moments. So smart to start kneeling down, so she could deliver a slow rise as the tempo increased. Throwing her arms to the high notes, caressing her face; the walk and turn at the end, YAAAAASSS! I cried, A'Whora cried, Asttina cried, Sheridan Smith cried!!! Tayse gave everything I needed. Cherry did well, but Tayse SLAYYYYYYED!
    LIPSYNC TROPHY: Tayce.

OVERALL
    A wonderful episode, full of shade, drama, emotions, musical silliness, shade at the original musical AND A LIPSYNC that will be iconic!!! I still can't work out who's a front runner but I'm loving this cast and the ride. A pity the runway was so hit-and-miss, otherwise it would be five stars.
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: A-]

NEXT WEEK...
    It's a sowing challenge... ladies, girdle your loins...

FRANK
    https://www.instagram.com/frank.drawss/

RuDEMPTION
    Oh Bimi. The water-based paint dried in the balloons before she could get to the runway. This made me sad, as it would have been iconic. And it was going to be her 'coming out' as non-binary. I loved the wig, the make-up, the corset, the latex gloves and stockings... WE WERE ROBBED!!! And she handled it so well, sweet thing. Here is what she was going for, as it deserves a redo.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-07-2021 at 05:49 AM.

DRAG RACE UK
    EPISODE III

"The cheek, the nerve, the gall, the audacity and the gumption!" ~ Tayse

The queens come back in the werk room after Cherry's elimination. They are all shocked another strong competitor has sashayed away (as, I think, are the audience... and that trend continues). The group congratulate Veronica, but now the queens are seeing her as a true threat, and need to stop up their p*ssy if they want to last in the competition...

OH MY GOODNESS! This is... possibly the stupidest mini-challenge in a long time, and I'm here for it. They have to dress for the Notting Hill carnival and limbo for their lives; while Jodie Harsh plays "Cha Cha B*tch" on her DJ deck. It was... ABSURD! And Ru was cackling! More stupidness please! Even the BritCrew were laughing! Things that stood out: Asttina's ass! INCREDIBLE! Ginny walking under the bar first time, then through the bar the second time. And just how LOW that bar went! I was gob-smacked, I kept on saying "no... no, they'll stop there". Tayce and Veronica Green win the mini-challenge, as they managed to get under all but the lowest bar.

WHO WORE IT BEST?
    The queens have to pair themselves up with their very best Judy... AND THEN are told they are now directly competing against each other in a "Who Wore It Best?" challenge. Each pair gets a box with the same colour fabrics and material, and must create a runway look using only that (but are allowed And those who don't wear it best... are up for elimination. This was the shadiest way to make drama, and I am happy to say: it didn't work. A'Whora still helped Tayce. Sister Sister still helped Ginny with pads and boobs. Veronica stuck up for Tia. It WAS RuPaul's Best Friend Race!!!

TEAM PINK BOX
    I felt bad for this team, because this material looked the cheapest. I just didn't like ANY of the fabric choices, and while different hues of blue and green can look so cool together, different hues of hot pink just look tacky-tacky-tacky. Ru challenged Ginny Lemon to go Glamazon, and I applaud Ginny for trying (that's the 'N' in Charisma Uniqueness Nerve and Talent). That image of Ginny with those pads and boobs and nothing else on... it's ICONIC! But facts are facts Ginny looked THE WORST on the runway, by a long, long, long way.
    WHO WORE IT BEST? Sister Sister. There are parts I liked. I liked the long Freddy Krueger sleeves, I loved the ruffled trousers. That was not easy to make. But I've decided Sister's aesthetic is... just... not good. The silver necklace was terrible, the heart cheapened it, and didn't look like a heart from most angles. Why the blue face??? Why the bow??? It had no concept that held it together, it was Jiggly's garbage pile queen She's lucky Ginny looked so terrible, because this wasn't good. Boot.

TEAM GREEN BOX
    I think some of the fabric was ugly, some was very nice. I just wouldn't have picked green. I get it, Veronica GREEN, so she picked it. But green is hard to work with; esp. that Katya green fabric. No. Add to that Tia doesn't sow... so... I think she did a good job. I liked it. It looked cute and well made, I liked the line green top with the sheer lined belt and the cute pencil skirt dress. Considering she doesn't sow, considering she changed her plans half way... this was decent; I just think she accessorized poorly (that pink lace necklace jarred, that two-tone black hair was a confusing message).
    WHO WORE IT BEST? Veronica Green. I liked this, it was well made and an interesting design. I liked the Poison Ivy red hair with the curl, the lining was a great detail and a sweet friend pointed out she looked like Fiona from Shrek (2000) (shade shade). I just hated the colour. Had that same design been sheer black with yellow lining - stunning. Like Manila's $100 catsuit. Toot.

TEAM BLUE BOX
    I don't know what happened this week. The blue fabric looked SO GOOD, expensive, fun; and Asttina just didn't pick up "those little nuggets Ru was dropping" when he seemed underwhelmed by the anime school girl idea. I did not get Sailor Moon, I got ice skater. Lawrence said it. Michelle said it. Asttina just missed the mark. IT WAS WELL MADE. Her legs looked SO GOOD. He's so hot. The dress was just boring. Pity.
    WHO WORE IT BEST? Bimini Bon Boulash. I loved the dress, the mix of felt and sheer patterned blue flowers was great, her ass looked fantastic and I LOVED the sheer revealed back. very bold. The Kiss of the Spider Woman fascinator was a lovely detail I just wasn't sure about the hair. It both goes and doesn't go; maybe had the makeup been softer it would have sold the hair more? But it's very interesting and creative. Toot.

TEAM GOLD BOX
    Why was gold the last picked??? After black I'd say the gold is easily the best colour, that's why they've done a runway "all that glitters..." Gold just can be any shape, any pattern and look RICH! Well... then again Ellie made it look cheap. I didn't like it. It was a body suit, with too many ruffles round the crotch. She said Maria Antoinette... well the judges said pirate, panto and Beyonce. None of which is French royalty. To me it was giving Alexis Mateo's Tina Turner look during the "Money Ball" (and no... that's not a compliment).
    WHO WORE IT BEST? Lawrence Chaney. This was SNATCHED!!! The choice of the solid gold shimmer mermaid dress, with the white gold sheer top! Bravo! Loved the hair, loved the lining, the pearls and she just knows how to shape her body. I... didn't love the white eye brows or the drawn on boobs. She mentioned "Golden Girls" I wish she'd gone all out with wrinkles and a saggy boob. Toot.

TEAM BLACK BOX
    This was the easiest colour. Much like white during the "Jewel Ball", black was the easiest to make good. And it worked. This was the strongest team by a long shot (partly due to A'Whora helping Tayse). I will say I didn't but "I'm a sour faced tw*t, but in reality I want to help everyone out." No, you want to help yourself into his bed. The thirst was real. And the fact they got leather!!! Lucky bastards, this team had the best box. Hands down, and Tayse looked SO GOOD! I loved this bettle queen, ruffled jacket. Fierce! It was actually my second favourite look of the night.
    RUNWAY TROPHY: A'Whora. I loved this!!! The puffy sleeves, but the tight bodysuit, selective bejeweling, not too much, tastefully done. That long ruffled jacket and the PERFECT HUGE white blonde hair. The little hat! THE LITTLE HAT!!! The glittered knee length fake boots was a great touch. The little squiggle on the belt. It was all wonderfully made and looked EXPENSIVE!!!

UNTUCKED
    Tia was smart to make the judges laugh, her honesty and personality really bumped up her chances of staying. It was quite emotional across the board... I... didn't buy Asttina's tears. As we saw last week, she isn't a good actress, and to me this was trying to save herself because everyone else was having emotionally moving moment (let's be real her struggle was... what? MY POINT!). A'whora is devestated she didn't win. I understand that, I thought she would and to be fair she thought she would to; but this wasn't a cute look. Lashing out on Tia was not cute AND YASSS VERONICA!!! I can't believe I discounted her, she is serving it. I loved her clapping back and defending her friend. Also, was it me, or did A'Whora give evil Adora Delano twin vibes in this look?

LIPSYNC
    Tia Kofi vs Asttina Mandela to Dua Lipa's "Don't Star Now". I. Was. SHOOKETH!!! I felt so bad going into this, because Tia's personality has really grown on me and I knew she'd be going home. Ru has never sent home a winner episode 3. He gives them grace; he gives them leeway. You don't even need to slay the lipsync, just do well enough Ru can justify keeping you. This was Asttina's to lose. And... she lost. While her movements were good, and it was very controlled... it was... vacant. There was no personality, no emotion. AT ALL. She's been talking about lipsyncing the house down boots yas gawd since episode 1. Much like Silky Nutmeg Ganache... that was it? That was what you were talking about? BUT TIA!!! Tia Kofi was FIGHTING! She sold it with her innocence and vulnerablity; leaning back like a bad ass then making it comedy. All the girls in the back were watching her. And it wasn't perfect, that drop to her knees looked PAINFUL! But she fort and fort anf I was screaming with joy. I didn't believe Ru would save her, despite serving it and I was GAGGED and GOOPED and THRILLED when he did. Tia Kofi, shantay you stay.
    LIPSYNC TROPHY: Tia Kofi

OVERALL
    Once again DragRaceUK is SMASHING it! The best mini-challenge I've seen in a long time, and a very entertaining, moving episode. I didn't "love" the runway, no look gave us Davina di Campo's laundry bag iconic gag. But a dramatic lipsync topped off a good episode. Already hungry for next week...
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: [b]B+[b]]

NEXT WEEK...MORNING GLORY
    Lorraine Kelly coaches the queens in pairs on a morning talk show challenge. Can't wait! I predict Lawrence, Ginny and Tia for top 3. A'Whora, Ellie and Veronica bttm3. Let's see if I'm right...
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-07-2021 at 05:54 AM.

My favourites so far... Lawrence Chaney and Veronica Green. They both are talented and seem genuinely nice. I can do without the catty 'drama' tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    My favourites so far... Lawrence Chaney and Veronica Green. They both are talented and seem genuinely nice. I can do without the catty 'drama' tbh.
    I love 'catty' drama when it's funny and mostly joking (Tayse vs Lawrence), I have no time for BITTERNESS (A'Whora vs. Asttina, A'Whora vs Tia). I can't believe I was sleeping on Veronica Green, she's doing so well. I actually can see Lawrence, Veronica, Tia and Tayce being 'top 4'. It think Snatch Game is going to be a really big decider for them all; to solidify the front-runner.

FAN ART SUNDAY!!!
    Now I've ditched reviewing Season13 (for my own piece of mind), I can focus on making this thread awesome, with all the glorious fan art that comes with it. Apologies I've not posted art sooner, I'll try and retro-actively slot some in back in the thread, once I've uploaded the latest review. Enjoy my three favourites from Ep.#3

CAROLINE HUANG
    https://www.instagram.com/daily_crispy/

RUBY BURNS
    https://www.instagram.com/_rubyburnss/

DOM&INK
    https://www.instagram.com/domandink/

DRAG RACE UK
    EPISODE IV

"A lovely lovely skid mark of brown chocolate" ~ Lawrence Chaney

The queens come back in the werk room after Asttina's elimination. Tia is visibly shook, she is almost in disbelief she won the lipsync (which just makes her even more adorable). And I loved how Veronica is beaming with pride. That's such a strong friendship. The queens all seem very... off... probably due to the shock of eliminating a 'RuPeter Badge' winner this early (which has never happened). Ginny pops off at Lawrence out of no-where. I found that so interesting; and to quote Ginny from ep#1 "I just think you're jealous." It's getting very tense, and very uncomfortable. And it's SUCH GOOD TV!!!!

The queens congratulate Lawrence on his win, and Tayce has quite a few opinions on Tia's 'basic' runways. Which is ironic, as Tia does so good this episode! Once again Veronica is putting the NERVE in Charisma Uniqueness Nerve and Talent by standing up for Tia and reminding the queens "you think she looks basic, look a little deeper". COME ON, VERONICA!!! For the mini-challenge the queens have to sell various cakes to the viewer in "The Great British Fake Off". I was SHOCKED no-one tired to feed the BritCrew. If I had any of the phallic pastries I'd have been putting it in their mouths, or rubbing it over their nips. HAHAHA! Ellie bombed hard, she had custard tarts. She had TARTS! How could she not make that funny? But it's Bimini who avoids all the crude puns and serves us the Belgium Bun... sorry, BREXIT bun! HAHAHA! "52% deciet, 48% despair and 100% not going to effect anyone." BWAHAHAHAHA! And Lawrence was, obviously, hilarious.

MORNING GLORY
    The maxi-challenge is co-hosting the chat show "Morning Glory". This is akin to the Season 3's challenge QNN or Season 9's Good Morning, B*tches WITH A TWIST... the queens are also assigned characters they need to play. Coached by daytime goddess Lorraine Kelly (contestant on last season's "Snatch Game") this will be broadcast live, there are no take twos. And the queens have to read auto-cue and improv. I howled with laughter at the animation of Big Ben going from flaccid to erect. SO FUN!

PARTY GIRL GEN Z [MAIN HOSTS]
    It's not easy being the host, you have to be likeable, informative, guide the ship. If you think of the other seasons no queen ever ended up in the top playing those roles, and often ended in the bottom (Stacey Matthews, Trinity, Peppermint). The added element of having to be party girls (I think) improved the scenario. I liked that they co-ordinated their outfits (love Tayce's body but wish his nips weren't showing), and they both look good. They work well together, but Bimini really shined in such clever ways. The upside-down cards, sliding off the seat silently; it was great energy and delivered.

GOTH PARTY PLANNERS
    On paper this is the hardest role. You have to be Goth, but also... can't be doom, gloom, low energy, depressing. It's the same conflict Ben dela Creme had when he played "Goth Kitty"; but Ben managed to find the highs and lows. Here, Veronica found only lows and Sister only highs. Of all the characters, these are the ones I'd not want and there is a reason they were left for last. It's hard. I actually preferred Veronica. Slapping the icing over the cake, slamming the giant rat down on the cake; she did something. Sister Sister just disappeared (and didn't give me goth at all).

DRAGONY NIECES [AGONY AUNTS]
    Lawrence killed it! Channeling Michelle McManus he actually seemed the most like a TV host. The look, the jokes, the double entendre. Saying "it begin with an F... phone calls" had me laughing so hard. And the layers too... holding back tears as his make-up is done and he's told he has a frown. It was just an excellent performance, nuanced, thought through and once again proving why he's the front-runner in the competition. And Ellie... was barely there and in a look that made no sense.

HIPPY WEATHER REPORTER
    Of all the roles this is the one you want... the weather girl is (in theory) the easiest one to shine in. No partner to worry about, you can be as stupid and silly as you like and it's actually in keeping with the weather girl vibe. But this... wasn't good. It wasn't India Farrah bad, but I think Ginny went so, so wrong making her Australian. It completely overtook the character and focus. She should have channeled Emma Thompson's Sybil Trelawney from Harry Potter. The look was great, but all the jokes and references got bogged down under in the "Aussie weather girl." Pity.

MONEY SAVING ESSEX GIRLS
    I was shocked how good A'Whora was in this challenge. She was everything Cheryl Hole never truly gave us last season; dumb, out of it, too much plastic surgery, too vapid, but had that element of 'thinking she's the better than you' that really solidified the performance. I think Tia held her own and gave her lots to work with, but A'Whora just SLAYYYED! And her improving was so good, referencing sellotape by saying "I love super glue" was the best joke of the episode. The look was great, her **** just out (I know she's not an Essex girl, but it was very Tara Reid on the red-carpet). This was just a joy to watch, kudos to them both.
    PERFORMANCE TROPHY: A'Whora
    [TO BE RU-TINUED]
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-07-2021 at 05:51 AM.

[PART II]

CATEGORY IS... MONSTER MASH-UP
    TOOT
    Bimini Bon Boulash. A devil mixed with a Playboy bunny. I liked this, I think it looked good, if a little safe. The make-up was almost Klingon, and made her face look very masculine. Also is a Playboy bunny a monster??? I liked the details and it was clear what she was doing, but it was a relatively successful (if safe) look.
    Tayse. Bride of Frankenstein mixed with a vampire. The face is a ten, again. She's stunning, that hair with the white coming out of her eyebrows was exquisite. Not that creative an idea as a concept (it was a very safe pairing, in-fact I'm certain there's an animated cartoon that has paired these two before); but it was flawlessly executed. Loved the long nails, and the blood worked (but she did that already for her "Surprise Surprise" runway). The dress shaping was wonderful, and the cream colour worked magnificently against her skin with the red jewellery to off-set it. Beautiful work.
    Lawrence Chaney. Sweeney Todd meets Leather Face. While the outfit, on first glance is a bit basic, I think the detailing is what made it fantastic. As always the hair, body and make-up is on point, but add to that the eyeball earrings, the different tones and cuts of the leather skin on her body, the rhinestone blood splatters and the actual replica of her face on the mask on her arm... this was genuinely disturbing. And I really loved it.
    Tia Kofi. Medusa meets Skeleton Voodoo Priestess? The make-up and head piece alone is brilliant, but I did get more Egyptian priestess than voodoo. The effect was very impactful, the choice of skeleton snakes really added a nice touch and I hope she uses lock-down to bring all her runways up to this quality. This was very good.

BOOT
    Ginny Lemon. Am I being dumb here? What was the "MASH UP" part??? This was toxic Avenger meets... toxic Avenger? Either way, it was very basic. Basic make-up, basic dress, and seemingly didn't fulfill the challenge. I liked the toxic symbol on the hair, the end.
    Ellie Diamond. Werewolf meets Goblin. This didn't work. It looked cheap. It's a silhouette we've seen her do too often with the chaps, but with the fur it swallowed her body. The face colour didn't match the bodysuit and the brown fur gave me more bear than werewolf.
    A'Whora. Elvira becomes a zombie. The outfit itself is good, but all that silver crap ruins it (and the lack of Elvira **** DEEPLY offended me, ha!). REALLY the jewellery makes it look bad, because that sheer nighty was sooooo good, and the reveal of the brains were great. Such a shame, more smart editing and she would have won the challenge.
    Sister Sister. A Mummy mixed with a Werewolf. The idea is solid (again, a combo that's been done before in cartoons), but the face had NO werewolf nose??? And no werewolf ears??? And so it became disjointed, too many bandages, too little fur. The padding and body was odd too. The jewellery was... wrong for this look, at-least those jewels, needed silver for full moon or black, or Egyptian gold. Wearing earrings makes no sense as she's a werewolf and the ears would be on the top (but again, no ears). I WILL ADD: I felt it was a little unfair saying "mummies have been done to death on drag race" when only Brooke Lynn (to my memory) has done one. Yet Playboy Bunnies (done by Akeria, Plastique, Vanjie, Jujubee - to name a few) gets a pass???

RUNWAY TROPHY: Veronica Green. I mean... this was gorgeous and terrifying all at once. I'd have never, EVER thought to mix Medusa and Lord of the Flies pig. The pig make-up was great, the green detailing of the flies on her face and body, the snake hair huge afro, the moffled pink pig skin and green snake skin, with the crystal crown on the forehead to break it up. This was very, VERY impressive.

LIPSYNC
    Sister Sister lipsyncs Kim Wilde's "You Keep Me Hangin' On". I. Was. SHOOKETH!!! It's iconic. It's instantly up there with Willam, Ben dela Creme, Manila and Valentina as shocking eliminations. BUT... this made me stan Sister Sister so hard. I loved that she gave us a show, kept going, and just took the moment to deliver us a performance worthy of a queen fighting to stay. Loved the queens cheering her own, and RuPaul and Michelle singing along, to encourage her. It was a beautiful moment of solidarity and it just made me ADORE Sister Sister. I want this to be her break-through. I want this to now be where she smashes it. She rocked it, and I'm so, so, so happy for her. That was werewolf joy. The howl at the end was everything. I give major, major, major props to Sister Sister, that was NOT easy to do, and she's slayyyed!
    LIPSYNC TROPHY: Sister Sister.

OVERALL
    Four weeks running DragRaceUK is SMASHING it! This episode gave us one of the most iconic elimination moments, made me laugh and had a super fun runway. I really do respect all these queens, and each one has done something I enjoy. I hope they all stay strong in Lockdown 1.0, and CANNOT WAIT for next week.
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: [b]A-[b]]

NEXT WEEK...COVID ENDS THE SHOW!!!
    I'm so, so, SO CURIOUS what happens...
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-07-2021 at 05:47 AM.

This season has been fantastic so far!

Top favorites are Tia Kofi (some of the best confessionals in Drag Race herstory), Veronica Green, and Lawrence Chaney. But I'm legit obsessed with Tia.

I thought Sister, Sister was kind of filler until the lip sync... but she's still kinda filler. She's also a bit mean in her confessionals? Loved Ginny Lemon.

The only ones I'm not super fond of are A'Whora (for obvious reasons) and Ellie Diamond (who I really liked at first but now she's getting cocky).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    This season has been fantastic so far!
    So, SO fantastic. I'm really loving it, and can't wait for Snatch Game. Which, let's be honest, is Lawrence's to loose. Actually, that's fun - LET'S PREDICT SNATCH GAME
    Lawrence Chaney - I could see Nicola Sturgeon or Mrs Doubtfire
    Tia Kofi - Kate Middleton
    A'Whore - I hope she doesn't pick a reality TV star, but I could see it...
    Veronica Green - probably a West End star
    Tayce - Dame Shirley Bassey (I'd LOVE it!!!)
    Sister Sister - Cilla Black
    Bimini - Patsy from AbFab
    Ellie Diamond - Princess Eugene HRH

Top favorites are Tia Kofi (some of the best confessionals in Drag Race herstory), Veronica Green, and Lawrence Chaney. But I'm legit obsessed with Tia.
    Same. But I also love Tayce, and Sister Sister made me EXCITED because of that lipsync. And Bimini is doing so well, she just needs more polish.

I thought Sister, Sister was kind of filler until the lip sync... but she's still kinda filler. She's also a bit mean in her confessionals?
    Lawrence was right, Sister Sister does blame others for her failings, I'm hoping this lipsync revitalizes her and makes her fight for it.

The only ones I'm not super fond of are A'Whora (for obvious reasons) and Ellie Diamond (who I really liked at first but now she's getting cocky).
    A'Whora has such raw talent, but she's not found herself yet (and the meanness is a facade she won't drop). I don't think she'll ever be the kindest queen, but I think she can learn to behave better and embrace her power more. Ellie... I'm very bored of; and I think her shading Ru for not saying her name in a Scottish accent was jealousy. It's not cute. She's fading away fast, she knows it.