Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'd love to combine Gods and Mortals with Year One. That would be the perfect origin.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Definitely Gods and Mortals by Perez. I'll also agree with others and say that Legend of Wonder Woman is a close 2nd, followed by Rucka's Year One.

Honestly though, you can't beat Gods and Mortals. Diana's origin is presented like a cross between an ancient Greek epic and a fairy tale. So well crafted and such beautiful art!

47b409eea0bca2ea5244bd14a0b8f02dc12f884b_hq.jpg

I know many want to make Diana the only kid but I would want to make Diana the last kid born on the Island

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I'd love to combine Gods and Mortals with Year One. That would be the perfect origin.
    Yep. The major improvements of Year One are Steve and Barbara Minerva, plus setting it in current times. But despite the weird pacing of the Contest and Steve's crash in G&M, the lengthier narrative with more action is more suiting for WW. I'd probably have Diana confront Ares himself and defeat him with the lasso like she did in Perez's story. Though I'd add Dr. Poison as the main agent of him and his sons.

I'd also have Julia present in the beginning as someone Michaelis or Darnell recruit to communicate with Diana. She can't crack the language so (reluctantly) recommends Barbara. She can be brought back in later, along with Vanessa, after Barbara becomes Cheetah. Etta wouldn't be working with Steve and Darnell/Michaelis, and be the classic Holliday Girl version. Julia teaches at Holliday.

Donna would also be on the island so it sets up her leaving later to become Wonder Girl.

Golden Age probably, though I do like the Silver Age one a lot too.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Fantastic Member

I love Legend of Wonder Woman. The only thing I would change from that origin story is make Aphrodite magically bring Diana to life.

Retired

I would have thought the original origin would have more support--since it's the original. Unlike Superman and Batman, that first origin went into a lot of detail and established all the points that the later origins cherry pick. Whereas new Batman and Superman origins include more stuff, new Wonder Woman origins tend to throw out stuff. The Marston and Peter origin is the template.