Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

What's everyone's bets on who the extra body is?

Carlie Cooper
    Norman Osborn
    MJ
    Peter
    Aunt May
    Baby May
    Harry Lyman
    Harry Osborn

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post

Carlie Cooper
    Norman Osborn
    MJ
    Peter
    Aunt May
    Baby May
    Harry Lyman
    Harry Osborn
    This would actually anger me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, as controversial as Last Remains has been, I'd say up to this point Spencer hasn't been as divisive as King was on Batman by this point.
    Has it really been controversial? Other than the identity of The Kindred being revealed as Harry nothing has really happened in it to be controversial. People don't like it because it so long and yet nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed, although here's the really scary part, as a friend mentioned to me. You know who else was killed and resurrected repeatedly? Ben Reilly in the backstory for The Clone Conspiracy, and as was revealed in his following solo by Death herself, each consecutive death and resurrection damaged and corroded his soul, which ultimately drove him mad. Who wants to bet that the condition of Peter's own soul might worsen even more (if you buy into OMD tarnishing it already) as a result of Harry/Kindred killing and reviving him repeatedly?
    While Spencer is referencing a lot of controversial Spider-Man stories I highly doubt any aspect of PAD's Scarlet Spider run is going to factor into this. Nor should it. That whole thing is best left forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Has it really been controversial? Other than the identity of The Kindred being revealed as Harry nothing has really happened in it to be controversial. People don't like it because it so long and yet nothing happened.
    Well, controversial in the sense of the mixed reception.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Carlie Cooper
    Norman Osborn
    MJ
    Peter
    Aunt May
    Baby May
    Harry Lyman
    Harry Osborn

I think it could be Harry and that means Kindred is either someone else or pre-omd Harry or it's possibly Aunt May and that would mean the one that was brought back was a fake the whole time

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    We need an issue with 20 pages of Pete saying MJ and MJ saying Pete, with a random "Hang Glide Man" cameo somewhere in the middle of the issue to get to Tom King level of suckiness.
    Indeed we do.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Wouldn't the body be Harry's since the current Harry is pretty much some sort of demon that returned to life?

It just clicked with me, the solicits to issue 55 finally make sense now in issue 57. Peter does look at himself differently and he is changed based on his unwillingness to help Osborn and he is done with second chances.... he is focused now on putting those he cares about first.

They should have saved that solicit for issue 57 and something else for 55. Promising changes in an issue that aren’t actually shown to the reader until 2 issues later is a mistake by failing expectations on the issues they are attached to.

Spectacular Member

I mean its an arbitrary comparison - it's just two longish runs on premier superheroes but otherwise pretty different- but I think King's Batman, at least 57 issues in which would take you through Cold Days - is FAR AND AWAY superior to Spencer's Spider-Man. Honestly they are not only not in the same ball park. King's run fell apart during the Knightmare arc and never recovered, City of Bane really stinks, but at least for the first half of King's run he was really trying to do something with the character of Bruce Wayne and some of the rogues. Spencer is...man I don't know what the hell Spencer is doing at this point. He's certainly not doing anything I enjoy with Peter as a character.

But again, I cannot say this more vehemently, the quality of work of King's Batman run through Cold Days versus Spencer's Spider-Man through Last Remains are night and day with Batman clearly superior in its aims and executions.

It's fairly crazy that Marvel right now is:

X-Men - All time great run trying new things
    Hulk - All time great run trying new things
    Daredevil - All time great run trying new things

Avengers - Bad run trying new things

Amazing Spider-Man - Bad run, not trying new things, and at least currently - not even really trying anything at all. Just spinning it's wheels for nearly 12 issues of real dreck

(I say this as someone who is far and away a Marvel fanboy first and foremost and would take Spider-Man as a character over Batman 10 times out of 10. But there is no way to defend picking Spencer's run over King's...especially if you are really going by issue count [i.e. through issue 57 for both runs])

Oh and because this is specifically a thread on issue #57 - I should say that outside of some lovely Bagley art, this issue was bad yet again. This story line has been true trash, and this issue continues the trend. Just really really really uninspiring story-telling and nearly apocolyptic pacing issues that even if this story had a homerun premise (which it does not) it would all be moot as editorial and Spencer decided to tell this drivel over 10+ issues, some of which were double sized, and wasted so much space and spun so many wheels. Just hot hot garbage
    Last edited by Hcmarvel; 01-14-2021 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Where does BND fall in Slott's run. It's weird how literally everyone seems to be omitting it.
    It's a separate run because Slott was one of several writers (granted, he was the only one in the beginning who stuck around for all three years.) Granted, it's just over one hundred issues but there isn't much effort to split it up further, which would support an idea that it's too soon to determine where or if to split Spencer's run.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 01-14-2021 at 05:26 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

If the body was MJ, Carlie wouldn't call her. If it was Peter, or someone closer to MJ, she definitely would.

If it was Harry, could go either way, since she has known him for some time.

I'm going to guess Spencer will go for a fake-out and it will be either Kaine or Ben.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Carlie Cooper
    Norman Osborn
    MJ
    Peter
    Aunt May
    Baby May
    Harry Lyman
    Harry Osborn
    I'm going to play it safe and say it's Harry Lyman.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Can someone please go to Harry's house and make sure his toddler hasn't starved to death in his crib? This is stressing me out.

Just give me one panel of Norman with Stanley or something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post
    Can someone please go to Harry's house and make sure his toddler hasn't starved to death in his crib? This is stressing me out.

Just give me one panel of Norman with Stanley or something.
    Don't worry. I'm sure Harry has already put Stanley out of his misery already.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's the same thing I thought: That's Harry's body.
    I will be both amused and angry if Spencer takes his time even revealing the identity of that body.