Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Marvel comics event?

Since house of M Marvel have pretty much made huge, big crossover events a regular thing for every year now. To House of M, Civil war, Secret Invasion, Siege, Fear it's Self, Avengers vs X-men and now Original Sin, we've had plenty. Which Marvel event of you think was the best ( or worst )?

My opinion certainly goes towards Civil War. It had tension, conflict and least of all well written characters ( which can't be said for AvX and others ). It also didn't feel dragged on in the end ( which is always a common problem regarding Marvel's events ). Which Marvel Event is the best?
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

Infinity. That was really awesome. My second favorite of the recent events won't be a popular choice, but I do enjoy Fear Itself.

BANNED

Annihilation and Civil War are the only two I've really enjoyed.

Really dug both Infinity and Civil War

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Annihilation, followed by Civil War
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Annihilation and Spider-Island.

Extraordinary Member

I'm going to say Avengers-Defenders War, just because it was the first and the simplest: two teams beating the crap out of each other all summer until they team up to fight the real bad guy. If the Avengers side had had a better artist on it than Bob Brown it would have been better, but it's still more to my taste than most events.

For more recent events from the Event Era, probably Secret Invasion.

BANNED

The Marriage of Reed and Sue.

No, I'm not being facetious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THE DANGER965 View Post
    Since house of M Marvel have pretty much made huge, big crossover events a regular thing for every year now. To House of M, Civil war, Secret Invasion, Siege, Fear it's Self, Avengers vs X-men and now Original Sin, we've had plenty. Which Marvel event of you think was the best ( or worst )?

My opinion certainly goes towards Civil War. It had tension, conflict and least of all well written characters ( which can't be said for AvX and others ). It also didn't feel dragged on in the end ( which is always a common problem regarding Marvel's events ). Which Marvel Event is the best?
    Infinity Gauntlet is still my favorite, and it came out before all the other events you just mentioned. Also the X-Men Inferno story. It was cool how it affected almost all of the books that took place in New York.

Annihilation was extremely good; it was interesting in and of itself, and used some great classic characters in new and entertaining ways.

Civil War had its entertaining moments, but was more of an alternate reality storyline, where you had to suspend everything you knew about the MU to make it work. Yes, of course, there's no way that any public/government would be happy with a group of anonymous and unstable vigilantes who have the ability to do things such as use their nostrils as impromptu flamethrowers, but it went against 40 years of MU history, where these oddballs had been presented as being justified in their anonymity because they were, essentially, just morally... better. You have to suspend disbelief for the MU to work; Civil War was the equivalent of stamping Tinkerbell into the ground.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Annihilation was the most awesome event ever.

Not sure if Dark Reign counts as an event, but I really enjoyed Dark Avengers and many of the Dark Reign minis (like Sinister Spider-Man and Lethal Legion). Also have fond memories of House of M, not so much the main event series but it had some strong tie-ins.
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Spectacular Member

Since House of M? Then best: Annihilation, Infinity, Civil War.

Worst: Fear Itself.

1. Annihilation

2. Thanos Imperitive

3. Planet Hulk (not so much WWH)

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Planet Hulk was absolutely great, but I wouldn't call it an event.
    It was just a selfcontained Hulk story
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

IMHO, most of the big Marvel events of the last years (House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion, Seige, Fear itself, Avsx, etc...) were pure garbage. Pretty art, in most cases, however terribly concieved and executed stories (even if some had appearently interesting premisis). For me, Marvel did it better with the smaller, more self-contained events, such as Annihilation, War of Kings, Spider-Island, Messiah Complex, Second Comming, etc... Haven't read Infinity yet (waiting for the TPB), but I'm looking foward to it. Hope I'm not disappointed as has so often been the case in the last few years.

Peace