Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Inhuman #4 Spoilers

spoilers:
    Issue starts with Medusa taking Thor through an Atillan marketplace while discussing The Inhumans attempts to forge new relationships with the outside world. Dante has a mini freakout about meeting Thor for the first time while the group unknowingly is caught in the sights of three mysterious gunmen and their rifles, they fire. Then the story arrives in China where Reader a mysterious seemingly blind Inhuman that can manifest powers by reading/thinking about them written on braile who is apparently tracking another Inhuman who is also being searched for by the military. Reader uses his powers to freeze time and stop the military's attack on the nuhuman's home and family.

Things cut back to Atillan and the heroes managed to shield themselves from the bullets, all except Medusa's handmaiden Elejea. The shooters are revealed to be three nuhumans who were transformed quite visibly by the events of Terrigenesis and blame the royal family for ruining their normal lives. Medusa shows leniency and allows them to go free, hoping to change their opinion on their new lifes as inhumans.

Back in China, Reader is introduced to Xiaoyi (little one) and prepares to leave with her. Xiaoyi declines saying goodbye to her family as she believes it better for them to think she had died in the attack

In Atillian, Flint (formerly named Korvostax in the last issue by Lash), Inferno and Lineage do a little bonding. Lineage reveals that while Flint's parents died from the terrigen mists, they were not his biological parents who are still alive in Africa.

Medusa is greeted by a much smaller and more human looking Unspoken (from Dan Slott's Mighty Avengers run and a former Inhuman king) who offers five "baby inhumans" to Medusa as an attempt to woo her as he proceeds to close the issue out by asking for her hand in marriage.
    end of spoilers

Another solid issue but like the other issues so far, a lot of setup aswell. The book lost a lot of momentum due to delays and while I'm enjoying it, Soule's run doesn't look to be setting the Marvel Universe on fire anytime soon. It's just a decent book among many with hopefully a lot of potential for the future.
    Last edited by Dr. Chaos; 08-27-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Again, I thoroughly enjoyed this issue; it's quickly becoming one of my favourites. I do agree however that it is a lot of 'set-up' and not much delivering.

Like the look of Reader and the other one (sorry, I'm terrible at names but she had cool powers!); hope they're good guys. Lineage, Dante and Jason have grown on me quickly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    Another solid issue but like the other issues so far, a lot of setup aswell. The book lost a lot of momentum due to delays and while I'm enjoying it, Soule's run doesn't look to be setting the Marvel Universe on fire anytime soon. It's just a decent book among many with hopefully a lot of potential for the future.
    It's precisely because this book is doing so badly that I laugh every time I hear people saying Marvel is going to replace mutants with the Inhumans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    It's precisely because this book is doing so badly that I laugh every time I hear people saying Marvel is going to replace mutants with the Inhumans.
    For the exact same reason I laugh when people do not think Marvel will cripple the X-Franchise in order to help the Inhuman agenda along. I will jump on board if that is the case, but for now I am just waiting to see how this series turns out, what the long term plan is.

It's really strange to me that they went ahead and launched the book even after losing the star writer they had for it in Fraction.

Seems like the smartest thing would have been to hold back, get someone like Hickman, Remender or Bendis on board and then go forward with the book.

I'm sure they wanted to capitalize on the momentum from Infinity but they were going to get delays regardless due to Mad having to redraw issues for whoever stepped in. All in all, they should have waited and focused towards forming a new creative team. Feels like they shot themselves in the foot abit.

the parallels to the mutant themes are too glaring to ignore. just because x-men fans refuse to support this title doesn't make marvel's intentions any less obvious (and pitiful).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the parallels to the mutant themes are too glaring to ignore. just because x-men fans refuse to support this title doesn't make marvel's intentions any less obvious (and pitiful).
    Well if those were Marvel's true intentions, they are doing a horrible job of getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Talk for yourself, I'm fine with the Inhumans personally.
    And in general, a fringe of the X-fans being insecure over the Inhumans getting exposure doesn't equal to X-fans in general.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

sales say otherwise. and you would be well to take your own advice since your opinion seems to be in the buying minority.

The X-Men comics make a lot of money for Marvel, they're not going anywhere.

Theres enough room for both The X-Men and The Inhumans to have their own expanded universes.

It doesn't have to be a ridiculous "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!" situation and it won't be.
    Last edited by Dr. Chaos; 08-27-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member

This has been Marvel's Game of Thrones from the beginning. Only without the all the rape.

The end of this issue kinda puts a bow on all of that.

The X-Men comics make a lot of money for Marvel, they're not going anywhere.

Theres enough room for both The X-Men and The Inhumans to have their own expanded universes.
    i'd be happy to support inhumans if it got back to its original concept. this fake utopia and preaching to the readership how minorities should be integrated is about as transparent as it is pathetic. also "nuhumans" is about as creatively bankrupt a name as i have seen in a long time.

there's nothing "game of thrones" about this book at all. unless all of them start dying. that would be nice to see at this point.

I actually have enjoyed this book, I just wish it came out more often and consistentlyl
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I actually have enjoyed this book, I just wish it came out more often and consistentlyl
    It is now thankfully.

#3 came out two weeks ago, #4 today, #5 should be out on 10th of September and #6 on the 26th.

BANNED

It doesn't have to be a ridiculous "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!" situation and it won't be.
    Once everything about this book and Inhuman push doesn't read as a half assed pathetic attempt to ape the X-Men, it won't have to be.