Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    How could Tony have kept them together?! People started leaving right after it happened.
    Shawarma? Lol.

It's a stretch I know but just thinking of connecting the dots between recent Avengers and New Avengers issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Shawarma? Lol.

It's a stretch I know but just thinking of connecting the dots between recent Avengers and New Avengers issues.
    LOL! I understand why Tony wanted Namor off the team for sending Thanos to Wakanda, but this is not the time to fall apart. This ia what they came together far. Now see it through. So I do agree with you on that.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I knew Namor would do what he did the biggest surprise this issue was Storm and T'challa having sex, didn't seen that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I knew Namor would do what he did the biggest surprise this issue was Storm and T'challa having sex, didn't seen that coming.
    From what we see in X-Men, Storm's got a kid in the future. I suppose she's gotta come from somewhere.

I suppose if you're T'Challa and you're just gonna lay down and let the universes die (something for the record I think is flat out cowardly and stupid), that's the way to do it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They killed Spider Man. They are going to kill Wolverine.
    I don't see why they couldn't kill Namor too.

What they will never do, of course, is killing him permanently.
    On the other hand, Spider Man and Woverine sell comics.

Namor not so much.

I can see why Namor fans would be apprehensive about the idea. Or any fan of a second tier character in the same boat.

Brother Voodoo is still dead after all.

So is D-Man.

Mighty Member

Everything dies. It's been said over and over again. So I am assuming everything is going to die. No choice in it but how you die. Are you going to choose slaughter, fighting against the inevitable? Try to find a solution to death so that you and others can live forever is noble, I guess. But, good luck with that. We know there is a way out because comic books. But Hickman has stated many time that everything dies. This story is about the choices you make before your inevitable death. Some of his characters rage against the machine slaughtering others knowing there is no solution. Others accept death and choose to go out peacefully. In real life we are all going to die someday. Are you going to go out raging or smiling? And if slaughter makes you smile.....
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Sad that we only saw glimpses of the Cabal and have to wait another whole damn month for more

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I'm still betting Namor has a side play and is going switch sides against the Cabal at the right time. If Hickman would actually write Namor with his normal power levels it would at least make things slightly better now that the team has the Hulk.
    How so? he won't make a difference against Thanos who is the real problem. The Illumanti have to dues ex or Bfr Thanos to win or I suppose Strange could go Demon Mode again but that might not garuntee a win.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly the Illuminati bothered me more than Namors crew.

Sitting around and doing nothing while 2 universes end up being destroyed is ridiculous. If they're not going to bother even TRYING to stop this thing, at LEAST try and organize the other heroes to step and do something.
    Agreed. I love the scope of this book, but I hate the way Hickman is portraying many of the Illuminati. There is absolutely no way Reed is going to completely give up even trying to find a solution, and would hardly keep Sue completely in the dark when he knows she's about to die with everyone else.

Mighty Member

You know you are condemned to die. You are shown over and over again there is no solution to your death and your smartest friends cannot come up with one. You are given a choice on what you want to do with your last few days.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    How so? he won't make a difference against Thanos who is the real problem. The Illumanti have to dues ex or Bfr Thanos to win or I suppose Strange could go Demon Mode again but that might not garuntee a win.
    I never said Namor would be the person to ensure a win. I just said that the odds would be slightly better. Namor at his normal levels has beaten the Hulk on multiple occasions.

Can he solo Thanos? No. But again I never said that.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I imagine this Cabal will end up similar to the last, where they turn on each other. Max and Namor will probably end up siding with the good guys the way Namor and Emma did in the last Cabal. But we'll see.

By the way, let's not forget that we saw Strange teleport to somewhere thirty seconds prior to the incursion, and that he wasn't at the meeting with the other Illuminati to discuss their survival.

edit: if he turns into a Black Priest, I will flip a table.
    Last edited by ShaokhaN; 08-20-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    If Tony could have kept them together then maybe they would have been different.

Regardless, I think this is the 2nd best arc we've had for NA.
    Stark's actually the one that ordered Namor to leave.

So if sending Stark back was an attempt to keep the band together, that kind of backfired.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    By the way, let's not forget that we saw Strange teleport to somewhere thirty seconds prior to the incursion, and that he wasn't at the meeting with the other Illuminati to discuss their survival.
    Yes, with "helmet" too.
    The plot thickens!!!

Also, the last panel with Thanos and Cabal standing over fallen Earth...
    isn't that one of the bombs in the background? (To clarify a question earlier on whether the Cabal actually had the bombs or not) It looks like they do have access to the arsenal. Of course Black Swan is on the team and she knows how to build them IIRC.

And as far as the discussion of the Cabal eventually turning on one another...yes, of course that is in play. Who on the team hasn't been known to double-cross when it suits their purposes?
    Thanos and his generals are obvious but perhaps before that..Namor & Black Swan? Black Swan & Terrax? Am I getting ahead of myself?