Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

not really following the Thanos storyline, but when did he come out of the amber?

It seemed to me that Namor and co killed the resistance of that world, not all of it, since they are gonna destroy it anyway.

Also, the Illuminati are responsible too because the Cabal are using their weapons.

Sad to see the Illuminati turn into a such a bunch of weak-minded defeatists.

Luckily there's now Team Thanos (featuring Namor) to keep the universe safe. And hey, they allow women in the clubhouse as well! There's even more than one.

All-New Member

I'm not sure what people are referencing in regards to Namor and the Cabal and the "wholesale slaughter" on Earth-9004. Yes, there is fire and destruction in the one single image, but there are also only a handful of bodies - and those seem to be belonging to that world's heroes. So we have the bodies of that world's defenders scattered about with the blinking anti-matter bomb primed and charged in the background. Basically, all we have here is the exact same scene as the Illuminati vs the Great Society.

The Illuminati (mostly Strange) killed the vast majority of the Great Society before arming the bomb. The scene with the Cabal doesn't seem to be any different on the surface. They arrive on Earth-9004, they encounter resistance in the form of that world's defenders, and they wipe out that resistance and arm the bomb.

It's much too difficult and too early from a single image to judge Namor as having "completely turned heel" and gone on a wild massacre before detonating the bomb to stop the incursion. It doesn't seem to be any different from what took place in the previous incursion. There was a clearly brutal battle, the Cabal won, and boom goes the dynamite. On to the next one. Now, I'd say it's a fair bet given the company he's keeping that things probably will escalate to a different level of brutality, but that isn't necessarily what we witnessed on that last page.

Also, I saw a couple references to this point, but where did Strange go? He wasn't at that meeting either, he seemed to have grabbed his would-be-Black Priest helmet stolen from the Great Society and poofed away somewhere. And he was just as ready as Namor to wipe out another world. He sold his soul to do so, and was pretty pissed that they had stopped him from doing so. Maybe he's the one that stopped this one, and we're just witnessing the Cabal off at a different one.
    Last edited by Corvinas; 08-20-2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Correcting spelling error

Mighty Member

The Cabal are not going to find the solution to the incursions. Neither are the Illuminati. This story is just a test of character. Everything is going to die in the end and we will view these characters through the lens of the choices they make before their inevitable end. Some of the characters have been given the wisdom to understand this, some have not.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

BANNED

In the November Solicits the #27 (it could be #26 since they're both coming out in November) cover features a couple of Black Priests and the the guy on the center has the Eye of Agamotto on his cloak. So yeah.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Corvinas View Post
    I'm not sure what people are referencing in regards to Namor and the Cabal and the "wholesale slaughter" on Earth-9004. Yes, there is fire and destruction in the one single image, but there are also only a handful of bodies - and those seem to be belonging to that world's heroes. So we have the bodies of that world's defenders scattered about with the blinking anti-matter bomb primed and charged in the background. Basically, all we have here is the exact same scene as the Illuminati vs the Great Society.

The Illuminati (mostly Strange) killed the vast majority of the Great Society before arming the bomb. The scene with the Cabal doesn't seem to be any different on the surface. They arrive on Earth-9004, they encounter resistance in the form of that world's defenders, and they wipe out that resistance and arm the bomb.

It's much too difficult and too early from a single image to judge Namor as having "completely turned heel" and gone on a wild massacre before detonating the bomb to stop the incursion. It doesn't seem to be any different from what took place in the previous incursion. There was a clearly brutal batal, the Cabal won, and boom goes the dynamite. On to the next one. Now, I'd say it's a fair bet given the company he's keeping that things probably will escalate to a different level of brutality, but that isn't necessarily what we witnessed on that last page.

Also, I saw a couple references to this point, but where did Strange go? He wasn't at that meeting either, he seemed to have grabbed his would-be-Black Priest helmet stolen from the Great Society and poofed away somewhere. And he was just as ready as Namor to wipe out another world. He sold his soul to do so, and was pretty pissed that they had stopped him from doing so. Maybe he's the one that stopped this one, and we're just witnessing the Cabal off at a different one.
    Fully agreed with everything you said here!

I was wondering the same thing but sometimes the spinning going in NA threads is to much trouble to be bothered with.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    In the November Solicits the #27 (it could be #26 since they're both coming out in November) cover features a couple of Black Priests and the the guy on the center has the Eye of Agamotto on his cloak. So yeah.....
    And we also got the Axis solicits where there will be a Sorceress Supreme, so… Strange loses the title again?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And we also got the Axis solicits where there will be a Sorceress Supreme, so… Strange loses the title again?
    Pretty much. I bet the solo series will be dealing with him trying to regain his title and attoning for his sins. It'll be interesting to see Stange using Black Magic for a long period of time and not just for a few panels. As for the new SS it'll probably be Wanda but I'd love for it to be Magik. If we didn't already know that the title would go to a female, I'd like to see how Doom would handle the title as well. Really, since Doom is second in line for SS, how is Wanda going to get the title?

Do you guys have to spoil future plot elements? Without even using spoiler tags?

BANNED

RISE, THE CABAL.

Those final pages were so epic. In my mind, I imagined Thanos doing the Godzilla roar lol.

Anyways, I don't get how people can't see the other members of the Illuminati as cowardly. They were going to just let two universes die, WITHOUT EVEN TRYING TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE OR TELLING OTHERS THE TRUTHS (and no, OS Beast doesn't count). They were going to get away with what they'd allowed to happen without having to live with that failure, the disappointment on the faces of those they were supposed to protect, and the repercussions.

Namor had no choice. He has little time, he's not some super-genius, the Avengers will beat him into submission before even hearing what he has to say, and he's been abandoned by his peers. He did the best thing he could do to save his planet, even if opening those pandora boxes could potentially cost him much more.

A HERO DOESN'T SIMPLY LIE DOWN AND WAIT TO DIE. Hell, Tony was about to commit suicide, via repulsor blast to the face.

Also, Namor wasn't just slaughtering innocents in that panel; he, and the Cabal, were clearly taking out that world's protectors. Still, it's not beyond the pale that any other-Earths' protectors could try to do to Earth 616 what the Cabal is going to do to their Earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    Do you guys have to spoil future plot elements? Without even using spoiler tags?
    You didn't read the November solicitations?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAngel0 View Post
    RISE, THE CABAL.

Those final pages were so epic. In my mind, I imagined Thanos doing the Godzilla roar lol.

Anyways, I don't get how people can't see the other members of the Illuminati as cowardly. They were going to just let two universes die, WITHOUT EVEN TRYING TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE OR TELLING OTHERS THE TRUTHS (and no, OS Beast doesn't count). They were going to get away with what they'd allowed to happen without having to live with that failure, the disappointment on the faces of those they were supposed to protect, and the repercussions.

Namor had no choice. He has little time, he's not some super-genius, the Avengers will beat him into submission before even hearing what he has to say, and he's been abandoned by his peers. He did the best thing he could do to save his planet, even if opening those pandora boxes could potentially cost him much more.

A HERO DOESN'T SIMPLY LIE DOWN AND WAIT TO DIE. Hell, Tony was about to commit suicide, via repulsor blast to the face.

Also, Namor wasn't just slaughtering innocents in that panel; he, and the Cabal, were clearly taking out that world's protectors. Still, it's not beyond the pale that any other-Earths' protectors could try to do to Earth 616 what the Cabal is going to do to their Earth.
    Quoted for truth!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    I haven't seen anything spoiled that wasn't in the solicitations or from this issue - which clearly states spoilers in the thread title.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corvinas View Post
    I haven't seen anything spoiled that wasn't in the solicitations or from this issue - which clearly states spoilers in the thread title.
    For truth. CBR never puts a spoiler tag on the solicitations thread. IMO it's like the stuff shown in a movie trailer