Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Here in Latveria, Doom demands that children always get a good night's sleep.

Great issue, and it was disappointing to see the Iluminatti simpling giving up because they don't want to be killers. Fortunately, Namor was up for the rescue, though allying with the likes of Thanos will inevitably bite him in the ass eventually.

(And Valeria is living with Doom? I'm glad I gave up on Robinson's FF)

No, I hadn't read the solicitations and I don't intend to. Why not use spoiler tags? I distinctively remember other people asking for the same thing in a past thread. If I'm alone in this, nvm.
    Last edited by ShaokhaN; 08-20-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    I know right.
    Who is on the list? Let's see... Superman, Capt. Marvel, Wonder-Man....who do we need to save the day....we need our Doooooom

They will need some backup. Doom helps. I am not sure if The Avengers are returning their calls though.

Namor is responsible for sure. He doesn't get immunity just b/c the Illuminati had a hand in creating the situation. He has to own his own choices. For better or worse. I think the character is doing so.
    I guess we will have to see which way Doom decides to go, Illuminati or Cabal. In Hickman's Fantastic Four, Reed and Victor left things on better terms than they've been in a while, if you throw out that contentious dinner scene way back in NA #9 or so. But then he just can't quit Namor....

Maybe we will finally find out what things he may have uncovered while checking out those dead bodies he kept from the incursion over Latveria.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Yep, another holy crap issue. Seriously, what is up with Reed and Doom in New Avengers? Just pure "hey Reed", "STFU Victor".

Ooouuumm.... if this WERE the dialogue, I would SWOON. haha.

"STFU Victor"

Ha ha ha. Yes.

I'm shocked by the amount of people in this thread who handwave proactive killing (read: Murder) in the name of expediency.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Here in Latveria, Doom demands that children always get a good night's sleep.

Great issue, and it was disappointing to see the Iluminatti simpling giving up because they don't want to be killers. Fortunately, Namor was up for the rescue, though allying with the likes of Thanos will inevitably bite him in the ass eventually.

Yes, she had some issues with Mom and Dad and left for Latveria on her own. Together they took down an operation of Count Nefaria's over in Italy for starters and were heading for Somalia next. She's trying to get him into trying out some new ideas and so far Doom's been amenable to that.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAngel0 View Post
    A HERO DOESN'T SIMPLY LIE DOWN AND WAIT TO DIE. Hell, Tony was about to commit suicide, via repulsor blast to the face.
    Really?! Can someone post that page please?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    No, I hadn't read the solicitations and I don't intend to. Why not use spoiler tags? I distinctively remember other people asking for the same thing in a past thread. If I'm alone in this, nvm.
    You know, this isn't the first time that the solicitations of future issues have been referenced in these discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Of course she's living with "Uncle Doom"; that shown in the first pages of the first issue.

You say you're glad you dropped, but it seems that you never even read it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Really?! Can someone post that page please?
    I'm sorry Earth CBR Tony, but the proof is right there.

New Avengers (2013-) 023-017.jpg
    New Avengers (2013-) 023-018.jpg

BANNED

Sept can't be here soon enough.

BANNED

Even now with it all about to end the Illuminati still won't ask anyone for help? They don't want to spread the word because then someone may destroy the Earth to stop the incursion, but they are willing to let the incursion happen anyway. If they are going to let it happen anyway, if they aren't going to do anything what have they got to loose by asking for help?

Just when I thought Hickman couldn't make these characters more pathetic and vile he pulls them down to another level. At this point Val is better off with Doom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I'm shocked by the amount of people in this thread who handwave proactive killing (read: Murder) in the name of expediency.
    It's not murder, if it's a direct result of a coming, life-threatening danger.

I'm sorry Earth CBR Tony, but the proof is right there.

New Avengers (2013-) 023-017.jpg
    New Avengers (2013-) 023-018.jpg
    No I believe you brother. This isn't the first time Tony's contemplated suicide.. I just won't be able to pick my issue up for a while. Thanks for showing me. Believe me it's much appreciated.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-20-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Trust me, you can share them but be ready to take hits when you do. The number of people who favor the kill'em first to save the rest point of view seems to outnumber those who think that killing under any circumstances is wrong.

It's not murder, if it's a direct result of a coming, life-threatening danger.
    Yes, it totally is.

If a car is coming at you and you push someone in front of you to slow the car down, you've commited murder.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum