Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Star Wars Open World game from The Division developers and Ubisoft

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-open-w...oft-lucasfilm/

Not overly confident about this - this is the same team behind The Division which is one of those god awful multiplayer enforced shooters with lots of bugs and your typical multiplayer idiots. When people say they want a open world Star Wars game they’re wanting something strongly single player focused like The Witcher 3 or Red Dead 2 - something that might have optional multiplayer elements but is completely playable and enjoyable as a single player experience, ideally with multiple planets both established and new to explore as your own character. Something like The Division: Tatooine Edition won’t be anything like that. Lucasfilm should at least let the teams behind Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs and Immortals have a go at an open world Star Wars game.

the real takeaway from this is that Disney/Lucasfilm has FINALLY ended the EA exclusivity deal

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ubisoft and Open world completely killed this for me. Open World is all they do and I'm sick of their formula already. I want more games like Jedi Fallen Order and Squadrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ubisoft and Open world completely killed this for me. Open World is all they do and I'm sick of their formula already. I want more games like Jedi Fallen Order and Squadrons.
    With the Division team behind this thought it's not going to be like that, honestly I would have found a take on Watch Dogs, Far Cry or Assassins Creed interesting and distinctive and honestly we need an open world Star Wars game done right by this point. But one bogged down in the PVP forced multiplayer structure of The Division is unlikely to be it. Hopefully though this might lead to something more like that if Ubisoft gets on okay with Lucasfilm. And I definitely want more Jedi games from EA and Respawn.

I'm kind of curious how this will work. Open World as in one full planet to explore or can we planet hop across several different planets that are fully explorable?

And will we get to explore it as a Jedi or as a bounty hunter? I feel like the latter might be more in-line with Ubisoft's playstyle than a Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of curious how this will work. Open World as in one full planet to explore or can we planet hop across several different planets that are fully explorable?

And will we get to explore it as a Jedi or as a bounty hunter? I feel like the latter might be more in-line with Ubisoft's playstyle than a Jedi.
    Going by their previous game I would assume a single planet (either Tatooine or an original world) and definitely characters with guns. UNLESS they're doing a High Republic game where lots of Jedi are doable.

iMan 42s

Frankly after Squadrons I'm glad to see EA loose control. They did not deserve the control they had over the franchise especially for this few and frankly poor releases. Yes I am aware Battlefront 2 got better but two success and a mediocre flight sim is not what anyone wants or expects from triple A developers after this long.

That all being said it's also Ubisoft. While I don't find them as bad as EA, they're not great either. This is more a lesser evil but still pretty evil situation.

If I could expect anything, perhaps this is High Republic based. Give the player the option to be a Jedi especially when there's still a lot of them in that period. This would probably release overlapped with whatever new movie is coming and High Republic is what's coming out right now. I could definitely see them focusing on that era to give whatever team is on the films wiggle room.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

One thing which is a little consoling is that before the Division games these guys did make both Far Cry 3 and Assassins Creed: Revelations, both of which were decent titles I gather and more in line with what I would prefer they do. But both were close to a decade ago.

Revelations was decent but kind of the weakest in the Ezio trilogy. There's especially an annoying sub-game that features Tower defense, Ezio's supporting cast is mostly absent etc.

AC does have some similarities in tone to Star Wars-after all, at it's heart it's about two clashing orders, although some of the games have more of a moral gray area (The Kenway family saga, for example, especially "Rogue"; and "Unity" show some Templars aren't necessarily bad guys; other games such as the Ezio trilogy, Syndicate and the last few have generally portrayed them as mustache-twirling cartoon villains at points though-The Borgias and Starrick's crew, for example.)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

If its open world Action-Adventure with RPG elements that would be a dream come true. Potentially and finally a new successor to KOTOR, basically.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If its open world Action-Adventure with RPG elements that would be a dream come true. Potentially and finally a new successor to KOTOR, basically.
    In before it's called Knights of the High Republic .

I remember when Jedi Fallen Order was still in development there was a lot of confusion on why Respawn Entertainment was making it when their previous games had been the Titanfall games, and JFO turned out fine, so I'm not going to write off a game we haven't seen anything of yet just because the Division guys are making it

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In before it's called Knights of the High Republic .
    Ha! Not exactly the most inspired choice of title but hey I'd take it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Remember they were working on an open-world game from Visceral a few years ago? Wonder if anything from that will end up with this project (Like some elements of 1133 made their way into the Disney canon).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Remember they were working on an open-world game from Visceral a few years ago? Wonder if anything from that will end up with this project (Like some elements of 1133 made their way into the Disney canon).
    The Visceral game wasn't open world. It was going to be linear narrative driven game much like their Dead Space series and taking heavily inspiration from Uncharted