Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Lost me at Ubisoft. Deadass.
    "Cable was right!"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Not news about this game but news is going around that a new Knights of the old Republic game is in development but EA and Bioware are not involved

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wa...bioware-remake

Kind of curious with KOTOR related game if they'll decide to bring it back into canon a bit, although with some alterations to better fit Disney's timeline (Like with Thrawn).

Mandalorian wars are still pretty much canon, although the specifics aren't (yet).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Not news about this game but news is going around that a new Knights of the old Republic game is in development but EA and Bioware are not involved

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wa...bioware-remake
    I wonder how they'd handle it...keep the base story, revamp the gameplay, but make it more canon to the current canon?

Or go in a completely different direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how they'd handle it...keep the base story, revamp the gameplay, but make it more canon to the current canon?

Or go in a completely different direction?
    Is it really important to get it line with the current canon? The Old Republic is a few 1000 years before the main saga isn't it? I would think that would give them the freedom to do what they want

It's a bit unclear but it's possible the Republic is a lot younger in the current continuity, based on dialogue mainly from the prequels.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So new rumours and leaks are suggesting the Ubisoft project will be an MMO. Totally uninterested if so - developers need to realize that saying nice things like 'open world' and 'story driven' and then sticking those under the banner of a totally different type of game likely packed with greedy practices, forced online and endless PVP nonsense isn't what most Star Wars fans want. There's already a Star Wars MMO anyway - when we say open world we mean something like Red Dead 2 or Witcher 3 - something which can include multiplayer but which has a open ended and expansive single player experience at the front of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So new rumours and leaks are suggesting the Ubisoft project will be an MMO. Totally uninterested if so - developers need to realize that saying nice things like 'open world' and 'story driven' and then sticking those under the banner of a totally different type of game likely packed with greedy practices, forced online and endless PVP nonsense isn't what most Star Wars fans want. There's already a Star Wars MMO anyway - when we say open world we mean something like Red Dead 2 or Witcher 3 - something which can include multiplayer but which has a open ended and expansive single player experience at the front of it.
    The last Star Wars MMO is a decade old. A new one shouldn't be out of the question.

Fuuuuuck. I hate MMOs. If true I hope the KOTOR rumors are true.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Old Republic was basically an extension of those games, although not quite the ones many fans wanted (I remember Revan's fate in particular was controversial).

In some ways I felt that Fallen Order, although far from an open world game or a full RPG, sort of had some of the spirit of KOTOR, at least the whole ancient alien civilization bit.

Looks like Disney's finally gotten jealous of all the success SWTOR's been having over the years.

Or some Disney exec remembered Star Wars Galaxies from way back.

Anyhow, I don't have much hope for a good Star Wars MMORPG as long as Darth Kennedy is in charge.

Star Wars Galaxies. . . Those were the days.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So now leaks are comparing the game to No Man Sky. Granted that’s a logical choice for a Star Wars game to emulate, especially with a mix of established and original planets, but NMS had a heck of a bad opening and we know from things like Marvel’s Avengers and Anthem how crap Multiplayer enforced games that are buggy as hell and lacking launch positivity can be…

One of the things I did like about Galaxies was kind of the exploration aspect, which included many familiar SW locations.

LEGO Star Wars Skywalker saga also has planetary travel although I think it's limited to planets from the movies.

Ubisoft had a bumpy holiday season so Skull + Bones has been delayed and a few unannounced projects cancelled. Wonder if this will be effected?

So now leaks are comparing the game to No Man Sky. Granted that’s a logical choice for a Star Wars game to emulate, especially with a mix of established and original planets, but NMS had a heck of a bad opening and we know from things like Marvel’s Avengers and Anthem how crap Multiplayer enforced games that are buggy as hell and lacking launch positivity can be…
    The biggest negative of No Man Sky multiplayer at launch was it was impossible to meet another player. Players can be in the same planet in the same instance and not see each other. Made the multiplayer experience a lie