Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I get the feeling is that Magneto and Cortez are entering a sort of "I know you know I know" type relationship, where each tries to manipulate the other knowing that the other is trying to manipulate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    At least we can admit that seeing Empath and Quentin dying all the time is fun.
    It gets old, though. I mean, it's still fun but it isn't as fun anymore. Knowing that even death won't stop them makes it all the more sad, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It gets old, though. I mean, it's still fun but it isn't as fun anymore. Knowing that even death won't stop them makes it all the more sad, really.
    Yeah, anyone would say that having horrific deaths would teach them humility but no, not at all. They are THAT assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    That would be incredibly annoying.
    I meant being broken emotionally and physically plus being made someone else's bitch, preferably Magneto's.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't it true that Kid Cable doesn't have a techno-organic arm?

Because this guy does...

Kid Cable has the t.o. arm, too.

Is there an Emma cameo in this?

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I meant being broken emotionally and physically plus being made someone else's bitch, preferably Magneto's.
    I just saw that. That would be much more satisfying.

I hope all the Acolytes he screwed over, including his sister, come looking for him.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was great. It managed to show more about the structure and operation of this new SWORD despite being a tie-in issue, and there were some really wonderful character moments. That Taki scene was brief, but amazing. Schiti's art and Gracia's colors are yummy.

I'm hoping Magneto's plan to bring Cortez before the Council is really just a lesson in humility as they dismiss his proposals with prejudice.

If the redacted power booster is Chance, she may have been living in Coconut Grove with Ariel and somehow gotten involved with the Snarkwar?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Is there an Emma cameo in this?
    Yes. We dont see her but Magneto talks to her via their psi-link

I thought her too but she was in the next page which would have been way too obvious. I think she's a red herring for someone else

What we do know:

1. Its a female
    2. She can control her power amplification
    3. Can amplify more than one mutant at a time
    4. She's snarky.
    5. She has a loyalty to someone or something that might prevent her from being with SWORD

Hope definitely fits all this by why redact her entry only to have her in the next page?
    My first guess was Hope, as her being part of the Five would prevent her from being with SWORD (as she's part of the Five, she can't be in the field, as seen in this issue). But like you said, why redact her? It's gotta be someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    What about Zach/Amp from the recent Iceman series? He could boost/depower anything, so his powerset was even more useful than Fabian Cortez's powers. But I guess no one read that series...
    Amp is a male

I figured the redacted name was Sage? Loyal to X-Force.

Amp is a male
    I wasn't referencing the redacted female backup. I was wondering why Amp isn't listed somewhere as an option. He appeared a lot more recently than Michael Nowland, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I figured the redacted name was Sage? Loyal to X-Force.
    Is she? She's on X-Force but she isnt married to the idea or the team. Its more like a part time job to her bc her primary responsibility on Krakoa is the monitoring its gateway system