Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default S.W.O.R.D. #2 Review/Spoiler Thread - King in Black Tie-In

NYC - a dark figure looks at some buildings covered in symbiote stuff

SWORD, Brand is telling the team that the Klyntar material has formed around Warth and blocking communication and the sun. Taki tells her that the Krakoa gates still work. Manifold says the teleport team is as well. Cortez has no updates. Frenzy is in contact with the Galactic Council. No one responds from the Indigo Security. Mentallo is on the toilet. Brand tells him that he has a mission.

Data page. Brand is letting him think he's the best telepath they can get. He comes with no loyalty to Krakoa. She has money though through Nick Fury to pay him

Brand is with the team and wants them to find out what happened to Cable Frenzy introduces her to Paibok, a Power Skrull. Comms are still not up but Taki is working on it. A symbiote dragon is outside the station and he has it shot.. Mentallo wants to know why he should risk his neck if Xavier and Jean cant make a dent in things. Brand lowers her mental defenses so he can read it and find Protocol V which willbe used against Knull

On Krakoa, Random, Cortezz, Frenzy and Paibok show up. Its snowing since there is no sun. A dragon attacks as Banshee, Sunfire and Magneto join. Sunfire is not impressed to see a Skrull on Krakoa but is taken out by the dragon. Cortez waks him up and boosts his powers as he goes on to defeat the dragon

Data page. Brand has notes on Cortez. She doesnt trust him but he has the power set needed for their exploration and retriveal missions. Potential replacements are Michael Nowland, Boost and Mister M. Finally there is a redacted person, a female

The Five are together but are interrupted by Mentallo. who shows up with a tank to retrieve them. Protocol V requires escaping from Earth

On Krakoa, Cortez is reunited with Magneto. He wants to speak to the Council about some national policy regarding flatscans. Frenzy notes that history is rpeeating itself. A symbiote hand reaches from a gate which should be impossible but its none other than Cable, now possessed

Last edited by Havok83; 01-13-2021 at 11:51 AM.

I thought it was pretty good.

Who could that redacted woman who is apparently a power booster be? Is it Hope?

This was another great issue. Lots of things to talk about but I just wanna say Schiti makes Frenzy look absolutely stunning in every panel she appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Who could that redacted woman who is apparently a power booster be? Is it Hope?
    I thought her too but she was in the next page which would have been way too obvious. I think she's a red herring for someone else

What we do know:

1. Its a female
    2. She can control her power amplification
    3. Can amplify more than one mutant at a time
    4. She's snarky.
    5. She has a loyalty to someone or something that might prevent her from being with SWORD

Hope definitely fits all this by why redact her entry only to have her in the next page?
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-13-2021 at 11:46 AM.

King Is Black seems pretty remarkable for how exactly like every other global invasion crossover event it is.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought her too but she was in the next page which would have been way too obvious. I think she's a red herring for someone else

What we do know:

1. Its a female
    4. She's snarky.
    5. She has a loyalty to someone or something that might prevent her from being with SWORD

Hope definitely fits all this by by redact her entry only to have her in the next page?
    Ehhh, Rogue...?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Ehhh, Rogue...?
    Sage?
    She can jumpstart mutations(?) I dunno, I was just listening to the CEREBRO podcast and they are talking about her so I google and she seems to have some kind of Boosty power of sorts and she's female and snarky. [shrug]

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    King Is Black seems pretty remarkable for how exactly like every other global invasion crossover event it is.
    War of the Realms: invaded by Dungeon and Dragons

Empyre: invaded by plants

King in Black: invaded by Ivan Ooze
    "Cable was right!"

This has been good except when I remembered that this was about King in Black.

It seems that Cable instead of getting a symbiote has been kidnapped by the Joker.

What we do know:

1. Its a female
    4. She's snarky.

Hope definitely fits all this by by redact her entry only to have her in the next page?
    Snarky? No, it said Snarkwar, which is a Power Pack foe, the Snarks.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Zn%27rx

What we do know:

1. Its a female
    4. She's snarky.

Some quick google searches Arkea or Chance (Fallen Angels) could work

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Ehhh, Rogue...?
    Rogue cant amplify anyone's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Some quick google searches Arkea or Chance (Fallen Angels) could work
    Considering Ewing has been delivering the deep cuts, Chance would work
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-13-2021 at 11:45 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What we do know:

1. Its a female
    4. She's snarky.

It's Layla. Let's go!

"Cable was right!"

What we do know:

1. Its a female
    4. She's snarky.

I say leave it to Chance.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way