Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Information page talks about Michael Nowlan, an interesting mutant that appeared in the X-factor Vol 1 that amplified mutant powers, being the target of the interests of the apacalipse that put the Alliance of Evil in his pursuit (to which Frenzy was a part)! it was in this arc / story that the villain Apocalypse was revealed! he was brought back by resurrection protocols but he doesn't seem to be residing in Krakoa! what a perfect edition! I hope it stays that way!

Mentallo is my new favorite X-Man.

Absolutely enjoyed it. THIS is how you turn a crossover to your advantage.
    >This art is gorgeous! The writing is great!
    >I've loved Mentallo for years. He's scum but he's fun scum, and his visual and powers are just cool.
    >I knew his Think Tank would appear! From reading Tank Magazine to his desire stated in Brand's data page to actually getting one, I feel like I went through a complete journey this issue with him and his tank fetish amplified by midlife crisis.
    >It was nice to see more of Brand's thought processes in the data pages. The others who might take Cortez's place were all candidates we brought up on this forum.
    >Banshee! He just looked nice but didn't do much. At least the symbiotes' weakness to sonic attacks was remembered.
    >Sunfire! What's with writers doing bad things to his legs?!
    >Cortez remains scum... horrible scum. I must admit, he uses every situation to his advantage, and I'm sure Magneto realizes his game. Frenzy sure remembers and realizes.
    >I'm still not a Frenzy fan but her having Paibok as her tag-along is wonderful. Paibok the Power Skrull has always been a favourite of mine. Yeah, yeah. I like Paibok and Mentallo but dislike Cortez and Frenzy. Deal with it. :P
    >I wondered if the 'V' in 'Protocol V' was for the letter or the numeral. Now we know. Saving the Five as a means to saving the human race? Or just to saving the mutant race?
    >Kid Cable got possessed? I'm not really interested. He could die for all I care. Just bring back Old Cable already.

Absolutely wonderful issue! I can't wait to own this series as physical trades!

Favourite quote...
    Mentallo: It's unthinkable...
    Brand: Yet I thought it.

Favourite panels...
    s1.jpg
    s2.jpg
    s3.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-13-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The sad thing is, Cates symbiotes aren't even weak to sonics or fire, they're weak to electricity or cosmic energy. Magneto is using outdated intel with Banshee and Sunfire.

BANNED

Random was so cute to me today not sure why, BUT I like him
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-13-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Wow, they’re really gonna leave out the most prestigious booster out there off the list- where is the love for Empyrean?? Where is he? I hope he’s hanging out with Mikhail Rasputin somewhere.

What's with all the metaphors for racism this week had the flatscan comments here and then the Ferris siblings in Marauders were straight up put on blast.

You guys Al Ewing is so good. When Hickman gets bored I hope he takes over.

I like every character that is written. I shall not compare to the title I should be loving but despise right now.

Do we think the mystery woman is Lorelai? Or whatever her name is; the one that hung out with Mercator a lot during Decimation.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    You guys Al Ewing is so good. When Hickman gets bored I hope he takes over.

I like every character that is written. I shall not compare to the title I should be loving but despise right now.

Do we think the mystery woman is Lorelai? Or whatever her name is; the one that hung out with Mercator a lot during Decimation.
    Her power is hair manipulation like Medusa, not power amplification

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Her power is hair manipulation like Medusa, not power amplification
    ah ok i think i need to reread. I thought it said someone that is loyal to Mercator.

Time to go back and read

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Wow, they’re really gonna leave out the most prestigious booster out there off the list- where is the love for Empyrean?? Where is he? I hope he’s hanging out with Mikhail Rasputin somewhere.
    In the Mesozoic era, last we saw in the 90s.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The art is sooo good in this book, particularly the colors. Makes other books look bad.

I thought the detail about Krakoa being frozen immediately because of the sun being blacked out for 5 minutes was silly though. The symbiote dome should act as an insulator from space, and all the water/ground/etc would retain its heat for quite some time(like, the tropics don't freeze every night when the sun goes down). It's not frozen in NYC...

And I still don't understand how Magneto went down in the opening of KIB, but is subsequently shown in Krakoa.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Comic felt short, too many things moving. Sunfire is loyal to Japan and now he is simply on Krakoa.
    How the hell Sword didn't saw the Knull coming?

Liked Frenzy looking at Cortez and Magneto and already thinking about betrayal.

Now a Cable that laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The sad thing is, Cates symbiotes aren't even weak to sonics or fire, they're weak to electricity or cosmic energy. Magneto is using outdated intel with Banshee and Sunfire.
    Ah, thanks for the info. I haven't followed anything Venom in decades.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    How the hell Sword didn't saw the Knull coming?
    He's undetectable for some reason.
    "Cable was right!"