Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Enjoyable issue. Was glad that the issue was able to still tell it's own story while being entwined with the larger King in Black storyline. Seems they got the station operational just in time. Will be handy to have a base of Operations unaffected by the giant Symbiote currently covering the Earth, though I am surprised that an alien entity wouldn't stop to destroy an orbital space stations before taking over the planet.

It took me a a couple reads but biggest Aha moment was when it finally dawned on me what Protocol V was. I kept thinking that it was some special item that Brand was sending Mentallo to steal. Perhaps something Alpha Flight had devised to counter Venom and hidden in a bunker which is why she needed a telepath. Then I remembered that V is the Roman numeral for 5 and it all made sense. If the world was going to die then rescuing "the Five" would be one the top priorities. Still not sure why Mentallo was her choice of operative. I would have sent Frenzy and possibly Random for backup.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    War of the Realms: invaded by Dungeon and Dragons

Empyre: invaded by plants

King in Black: invaded by Ivan Ooze
    As a Power Rangers fan, too, good one! What's next, Knull tells his Knullified pawns to "leap to their doom"?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought her too but she was in the next page which would have been way too obvious. I think she's a red herring for someone else

What we do know:

1. Its a female
    2. She can control her power amplification
    3. Can amplify more than one mutant at a time
    4. She's snarky.
    5. She has a loyalty to someone or something that might prevent her from being with SWORD

Hope definitely fits all this by why redact her entry only to have her in the next page?
    OMG if Ewing brings Chance back I might just die of glee

The King in Black tie-in actually isn't bothering me too much, since it's basically just another alien invasion that serves as a way for SWORD to show their stuff.

I was kind of hoping Mentallo would be the resident leader of the telepath division, and I'm loving how Ewing's writing him. Might be my new favourite character on the team.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Is Random black?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    This was another great issue. Lots of things to talk about but I just wanna say Schiti makes Frenzy look absolutely stunning in every panel she appears.

Agreed!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the entirety of this issue, thought it was a strong follow up especially with its second issue jumping directly into a book-wide crossover. Some standouts for me were Taki, Frenzy, Mentallo, Sunfire, and Fabian love the sexual energy between him and Shiro as he was recharged. Ewing continues to simply understand character nuances and quirks which makes his entire cast feel richer. The art is top notch, and this era continues to demonstrate how a compelling line with a variety of under-used characters with good writing and direction can work across books.

And maybe it's too early but I would love a crossover helmed by Hickman and Ewing, he has Hickman edged out for me a bit because his characters feel more "human" and introspective.

Ya know it seemed like the 5 were just chilling I know their meant to be protected and **** so the sacred ressurections can continue blah blah but they weren't really doing anything at all I feel they could have done more.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ya know it seemed like the 5 were just chilling I know their meant to be protected and **** so the sacred ressurections can continue blah blah but they weren't really doing anything at all I feel they could have done more.
    No way you can't risk them. If one of them gets killed everything is screwed. Honestly I'm shocked there wasn't people guarding them.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    No way you can't risk them. If one of them gets killed everything is screwed. Honestly I'm shocked there wasn't people guarding them.
    Not really. Im almost certain that if any of them dies, they already have husks in stasis ready for Xavier to do the mind transfer. With that said, they dont go into battle to reduce the chances that they will die. Goldballs fought in Empyre which shocked me considering how risky it was

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Is Random black?
    I was thinking the same thing. The way he was drawn in the first issue made me raise an eyebrow, but it seems pretty clear now.

I wonder if Mentallo has to go with the 5 because they need a telepath to install the backup after a person is resurrected.

It was funny to see Proteus offer to make a new sun since that would be no big deal to him.

I also never thought I'd see anyone talk about my favorite albino mutant BOOST! He's about as obscure as you can get
    Capture.jpg

Just re-read the issue. Still glorious!
    Why would Paibok need to grow wings or let Frenzy fastball special him? He's a Power Skrull who can fly already.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. The way he was drawn in the first issue made me raise an eyebrow, but it seems pretty clear now.

I wonder if Mentallo has to go with the 5 because they need a telepath to install the backup after a person is resurrected.

It was funny to see Proteus offer to make a new sun since that would be no big deal to him.

I also never thought I'd see anyone talk about my favorite albino mutant BOOST! He's about as obscure as you can get
    Capture.jpg
    The fun thingabout mutants is that no matter what their ethnicity is, they can be any color that their creator wishes them to be.
    My flag is bacon.

Thought that it would wind up being solid even though it was going to be dragging the crossover along.

Wound up being way better than just "Solid..." Could not have been any happier with this issue.

Random's been sporting the du-rag since the 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Wow, they’re really gonna leave out the most prestigious booster out there off the list- where is the love for Empyrean?? Where is he? I hope he’s hanging out with Mikhail Rasputin somewhere.
    Wasn’t his mutation just basically the same as Threnody ? And he got killed by dinosaurs in the ancient past after Beast abandoned him to die in the official XMen Pizza Hut tie-in comic LOL