Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Do we know who's from which Earth yet? I want to update the Earth-list...

I am surprised that Red Runner and Superdoom are from the same Earth. Morrison said the Runner is from Earth-36, and everyone was convinced that Superdoom was Earth-45 (what with the trademark next to the number).

They say only that they lost Optiman to Superdoom, might be that he is not native to their universe.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=ReverseReverseFlash;431011]

Red Racer's name is a reference to the Black Racer, the New God Grim Reaper that also takes the form of the Black Flash to hunt and kill Speedsters.
    What, exactly, are you basing this on? Is Speed Racer also a reference to the Black Racer? This is a stretch, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    They say only that they lost Optiman to Superdoom, might be that he is not native to their universe.
    Ok, that jibes. In Action #9, they mentioned that Superdoom killed Optiman in his multiversal rampage, so it sounds like it visited Earth-36 but he isn't from there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Do we know who's from which Earth yet? I want to update the Earth-list...

I am surprised that Red Runner and Superdoom are from the same Earth. Morrison said the Runner is from Earth-36, and everyone was convinced that Superdoom was Earth-45 (what with the trademark next to the number).
    Superdoom was a multiversal threat, which is how he was attacking our Superman, and how he attacked President Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    What, exactly, are you basing this on? Is Speed Racer also a reference to the Black Racer? This is a stretch, to say the least.
    Black Racer was in Final Crisis, Speed Racer wasn't or even apart of dc :| and this is Morrison after all he lives to make references to his pass work.

Superdoom was a multiversal threat, which is how he was attacking our Superman, and how he attacked President Superman.
    Yes, I know that. Earlier, another poster had said that Superdoom and Red Racer were from the same Earth, which contradicts what I've seen elsewhere.

Superdoom came from *some* Earth, though. We saw his creation in Action #9. We just don't know which one, but -45 was a popular theory.

BANNED

The Black Racer is a DC Character. He literally races through time and collects the souls of the dead, including Gods and speedsters. When he chases speedsters, he takes the form of the Black Flash.

The Black Racer is forever linked to the Speed Force characters. The Red Racer is a reference to that character, but with the Grim Reaper aspects replaced by traditional Flash powers. So he's red and alive.

If you believe anything in Morrison's stories to be 'a stretch', then you may as well stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't think it's wrong to assume they could be from the same reality. Although Superdoom is supposed to be their Superman analogue having been corrupted, so Optiman shouldn't exist on the same earth as Superdoom. They'd be the same person.
    Last edited by ReverseReverseFlash; 08-20-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Yes, I know that. Earlier, another poster had said that Superdoom and Red Racer were from the same Earth, which contradicts what I've seen elsewhere.
    Superdoom came from *some* Earth, though. We saw his creation in Action #9. We just don't know which one, but -45 was a popular theory.
    Yep, that's the main hypothesis.
    To add to the main theory, I would add than the Green Lantern from Red Runner is "Flashlight" (and very caring for him also, I must add), they are members of a team called Justice 9 and the Bruce Wayne of his world saw a medieval armour instead a bat when he chose his heroic identity.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    The Black Racer is a DC Character. He literally races through time and collects the souls of the dead, including Gods and speedsters. When he chases speedsters, he takes the form of the Black Flash.
    Thanks, I'm very familiar with who the Black Racer is. That does not answer this question, even slightly. You're continually wrong about New Gods related 'facts', and this is one of them.

The Black Racer is forever linked to the Speed Force characters.
    The Black Racer is linked to all characters. He's DC's death -- one aspect of it, at least. That's the whole point; he comes to each person as he will. As he must.

The Red Racer is a reference to that character, but with the Grim Reaper aspects replaced by traditional Flash powers. So he's red and alive.
    I guess "Speed Racer" is the Black Racer come for cars. E-Racer is the Black Racer for lead and graphite marks. BoxCar Racer must represent the death of good music.

If you believe anything in Morrison's stories to be 'a stretch', then you may as well stop now.
    I've seen this attitude from you around for a while now, and I have to say for someone who seems to know very little, you talk a lot. That's what this is -- you trying very hard to look like an authority.

If you want to make the supposition that they are somehow connected, by all means do so, but clarify that it is in fact supposition on your part.

I, more than anyone here, love dissecting and interpreting the work of Morrison. But part of that is having a genuine basis for your interpretations, and you don't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yep, that's the main hypothesis.
    To add to the main theory, I would add than the Green Lantern from Red Runner is "Flashlight" (and very caring for him also, I must add), they are members of a team called Justice 9 and the Bruce Wayne of his world saw a medieval armour instead a bat when he chose his heroic identity.
    I need to re-read Action Comics #9. The New 52 had so much going on at once, I don't think I was able to absorb everything that early on.

The metal Hawkman from the Hall of Heroes seems to be from Earth-44, the Metal Men/Justice League mashup team. I think they blew up some of the Watchtower in Final Crisis.

Always Rakzo

Eh, this wasn't as good as I expected.

... Oh who am I kidding? It was frikking awesome!

It had a Savage Dragon analogue for Pete's sake!

What world is the mini wonder woman from?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Eh, this wasn't as good as I expected.

... Oh who am I kidding? It was frikking awesome!

It had a Savage Dragon analogue for Pete's sake!
    I assume Spore=Spawn? I don't think he showed up in the books. I really gotta see that one, too.

I expected Final Crisis' themes to pop up, but he expanded on them so quickly in this book. He could build an ongoing from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    What world is the mini wonder woman from?
    We don't have it numbered yet, but it's from Superman/Batman #51 and later showed up in Action #9.

Two Marvel worlds= 616 and Ultimate. Anyone else get this vibe? He does seem to borrow Bug from Jeph Loeb's Maximums, who were an Ultimates parody.
    Last edited by Jody Garland; 08-20-2014 at 10:23 AM.