Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Are the Future State "Trinity" supposed to be close in age?

Jace seems to be the oldest, which tracks. Due to their friendship, I'd bet Yara and Jon are close in age. Since kryptonian and Amazonian aging is all over the place, their ages matter less, I think.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Jace seems to be the oldest, which tracks. Due to their friendship, I'd bet Yara and Jon are close in age. Since kryptonian and Amazonian aging is all over the place, their ages matter less, I think.
    That's what I thought-- Looks like Jace may be around 5-10 years older, which would be a new wrinkle in the dynamic, I think.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    That's what I thought-- Looks like Jace may be around 5-10 years older, which would be a new wrinkle in the dynamic, I think.
    Conversely, Jon is arguably the last born but most experienced since he's been at the hero game since he was 10.

The FS Trinity have a strange dynamic.

Fox is clearly supposed to be the oldest, with Jon as the middle, and Yara as the young principled hothead. I’m honestly dying to know what exactly the Trinity dynamic is here, because there’s no way Jon and Tim have the same relationship as their predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Fox is clearly supposed to be the oldest, with Jon as the middle, and Yara as the young principled hothead. I’m honestly dying to know what exactly the Trinity dynamic is here, because there’s no way Jon and Tim have the same relationship as their predecessors.
    From what I've seen of the Future State League, it doesn't seem like Jace has a relationship with anyone.

I prefer Jon having a stronger relationship with Yara instead of Jace. Makes no sense for them to inherent a strong friendship. Bros don't typically get passed down.

Based on FS Justice League, there doesn't seem to be a trinity dynamic.

BANNED

I prefer Jon having a stronger relationship with Yara instead of Jace. Makes no sense for them to inherent a strong friendship. Bros don't typically get passed down.

No Trinity is a good thing IMO

Jon’s “bat-bro” is already Damian.

Based on JL and SM/WW (which is even called Planet's Finest) DC seems to be pushing them as the significant friendship in the Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Based on JL and SM/WW (which is even called Planet's Finest) DC seems to be pushing them as the significant friendship in the Trinity.
    Yeah Jon and Yara seem to have the tense “have each other’s backs when they’re not at each other’s throats” relationship Bruce & Clark have. Would be hilarious if Jon tried to keep the “World’s Finest” relationship going since “that’s what Batman and Superman are supposed to do!” only to realize he’s got nothing in common with Tim and Tim just views him as the annoying younger brother he can’t wait to ditch. Especially since Tim already has a tense brother relationship with Luke, he doesn’t need any more friends. Kinda wish the first Jon/Tim meeting was the what the FS Batman/Superman issues were about but oh well, I like Jon and Yara.

Yeah Jon and Yara seem to have the tense “have each other’s backs when they’re not at each other’s throats” relationship Bruce & Clark have. Would be hilarious if Jon tried to keep the “World’s Finest” relationship going since “that’s what Batman and Superman are supposed to do!” only to realize he’s got nothing in common with Tim and Tim just views him as the annoying younger brother he can’t wait to ditch. Especially since Tim already has a tense brother relationship with Luke, he doesn’t need any more friends. Kinda wish the first Jon/Tim meeting was the what the FS Batman/Superman issues were about but oh well, I like Jon and Yara.
    I could see Jon wistfully wishing Damian was the Batman to his Superman...

It would create a lot of drama if he forms a more significant relationship with Jon as something of an adoptive brother, though. That would get so much play between the Fox brothers and give the new Bat another source of angst for his books which is all Gotham runs on sometimes. Does Tim even have any connections to other heroes so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It would create a lot of drama if he forms a more significant relationship with Jon as something of an adoptive brother, though. That would get so much play between the Fox brothers and give the new Bat another source of angst for his books which is all Gotham runs on sometimes. Does Tim even have any connections to other heroes so far?
    He's going to be dealing with Bruce and Dick in their respective Future State books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's going to be dealing with Bruce and Dick in their respective Future State books.
    To be honest, I'm just expecting them to shill him a bit because they're the two choices most pick for Batman, so getting their approval is good cred In-universe for Tim.

Kinda like how they only really used Starfire in that Death Metal short to admit defeat in the Nightwing shipping war.