Default Homelander vs North Korea

TV Homelander decides it would be a great PR move for him to single-handedly defeat North Korea and give it to South Korea. Can he do it, or is taking on an entire nation's military too much even for him?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    TV Homelander decides it would be a great PR move for him to single-handedly defeat North Korea and give it to South Korea. Can he do it, or is taking on an entire nation's military too much even for him?
    They would have a helluva time hitting him with anything that could hurt. If hes smart, he won't stop moving.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    They would have a helluva time hitting him with anything that could hurt. If hes smart, he won't stop moving.
    It depends on how advanced DPRK’s nuclear programme actually is.

As long as he’s some way away himself, I suspect Kim Jong-un wouldn’t have too many qualms about detonating a nuke somewhere in his own country to stop a threat like Homelander.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

We had a discussion like this before as it applied to some other "strong but not THAT strong heroes" such as MCU Thor against X nation. Real world military forces are woefully poorly prepared to deal with a Homelander type of threat. He could literally just fly into Kim's house, turture to find out where nukes are stored, kill everyone there, destroy the nukes, then hit up military base after military base until there just isn't any structure left to order a strike on him in any meaningful way. And there is literally nothing they can do to stop him. He's too fast and more than tough enough to ignore the only weapons that can generally be brought to bear against him (guns, basically). Give them a year of prep and they can probably come up with something, but if it's just "Homelander decides to cut the head off the snake" it's over pretty quickly.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    We had a discussion like this before as it applied to some other "strong but not THAT strong heroes" such as MCU Thor against X nation. Real world military forces are woefully poorly prepared to deal with a Homelander type of threat. He could literally just fly into Kim's house, turture to find out where nukes are stored, kill everyone there, destroy the nukes, then hit up military base after military base until there just isn't any structure left to order a strike on him in any meaningful way. And there is literally nothing they can do to stop him. He's too fast and more than tough enough to ignore the only weapons that can generally be brought to bear against him (guns, basically). Give them a year of prep and they can probably come up with something, but if it's just "Homelander decides to cut the head off the snake" it's over pretty quickly.
    Big assumption that Homelander can speak Korean there.

Actually I would totally buy him torturing someone for information, insisting that they speak English and then getting frustrated when they are unable to and killing them.

He's that kind of dumb.

I guess he'll eventually find someone who speaks English... maybe? I don't know what English rates are like in North Korea.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Big assumption that Homelander can speak Korean there.

Actually I would totally buy him torturing someone for information, insisting that they speak English and then getting frustrated when they are unable to and killing them.

He's that kind of dumb.

I guess he'll eventually find someone who speaks English... maybe? I don't know what English rates are like in North Korea.
    There are undoubtedly some. Kim has interpreters. The DPRK has released statements in English. He can land, say "do you speak english?" and laser anyone who doesn't answer or who answers "no." After a few, anyone who speaks English will definitely say "yes sir, how can I help you sir?"

Plus, he can always just zip off to South Korea and grab someone there if he likes - a ton of people in Seoul speak English just fine, to my experience.

On top of that, by starting at Kim's house, there is no chance that a nuke is getting launched at him there. Who's ordering it? Does anyone think that anyone in the DPRK is ordering a nuke strike against the imprisoned Glorious Leader?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan