Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Krakoa is an entire country. Trying to imply writers are insensitive for having bad people on Krakoa is.. asking for them to be unrealistic?
    The big key difference for Krakoa is that they chose to bring them to Krakoa. People being born in America and growing up to be evil or assholes is different than giving evil people a freebie.

There's a difference to, say, Dylan Roof, and then inviting Dylan Roof to your private town and/or putting him as a head of your government, to hang out with all the people he's wronged
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 01-13-2021 at 08:55 PM.

There is no way this whole Gala thing is going to end well, and i don't mean the aspect involving that woman from Madripor, i mean that if normal humans are going i can just see so many backhanded insults being thrown... at minimum.

Also i can't help but wonder if hinting that Sebastian's kid isn't his kid is just another way for them to hurt him, i mean he did sort of show some care for him when he was brought back from the dead so i don't know seems like they are really want to inflict pain on him on multiple levels and while i don't see that out of character for Frost having Kitty continue to be a part of it after inflicting her payback is just giving me any good vibes, they hurt him bad and to just keep digging the knife in is just overkill i feel... and i never thought i would feel that way over an X-villain.

Ugh, god help me if they manage to make feel sympathy for Apocalypse or Sinister. Just makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The big key difference for Krakoa is that they chose to bring them to Krakoa. People being born in America and growing up to be evil or assholes is different than giving evil people a freebie.

There's a difference to, say, Dylan Roof, and then inviting Dylan Roof to your private town and/or putting him as a head of your government, to hang out with all the people he's wronged
    Either way, there's an acknowledgment from the writers & other characters in the book that these characters are bad people who've done bad things - trying to sell the fact that these characters are in Krakoa as a "problematic" aspect of the writing as the original poster seemed to be doing is odd since that's literally being said in the book itself

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Also i can't help but wonder if hinting that Sebastian's kid isn't his kid is just another way for them to hurt him, i mean he did sort of show some care for him when he was brought back from the dead so i don't know seems like they are really want to inflict pain on him on multiple levels and while i don't see that out of character for Frost having Kitty continue to be a part of it after inflicting her payback is just giving me any good vibes, they hurt him bad and to just keep digging the knife in is just overkill i feel... and i never thought i would feel that way over an X-villain.

Ugh, god help me if they manage to make feel sympathy for Apocalypse or Sinister. Just makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.
    Shaw saw Shinobi as a possible weapon against Kate & Emma and has been lying to him from the start

There is a real chance that the Fenis twins will be redeemed. I there have been other people on the island who have been a part of hate groups who are now helping. So i wonder if the Fenis twins will be an experiment on if they are really be forgiven for what they've done or will they constantly be crapped on and never accepted thus making them stay the way they are.

Also what was that rainbow effect with Calisto where she goes invisible?
    Last edited by Outburstz; 01-13-2021 at 10:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Why did she get resurrected and still need an eye patch?! Fix those problems, people!
    It’s a fake . Like so , 58649905-4561-466A-AA1D-C88ED15D4AE4.jpg

And the rainbow effect is traditionally used to represent Sensory Sensation

Also , wasn’t the whole point of Swords Of X to make Apocalypse a sympathetic woobie ? LOL
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 01-13-2021 at 11:08 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    There is a real chance that the Fenis twins will be redeemed. I there have been other people on the island who have been a part of hate groups who are now helping. So i wonder if the Fenis twins will be an experiment on if they are really be forgiven for what they've done or will they constantly be crapped on and never accepted thus making them stay the way they are.

Amnesty and forgiveness are very different. They have a blank slate in terms of like...criminal record. But if you are a evil incest nazi, there is no rule on Krakoa that people have to like you and accept you and welcome you in. You are free to stay there, and live there free of persecution and imprisonment, but you don't get to be "forgiven" and everyone's friend necessarily. Something that's slightly relevant to the current state of America - yeah you are "allowed" to be a nazi...but that doesn't mean people need to accept you in to their place of employment or friendship circles or anything like that

Astonishing Member

The Fenris Twins are there because Shinobi recruited them as the new Knights of the Black House of the Hellfire Trading Company (back in issue #8). Shinobi has history with them from their days together in the Upstarts...and given the complex interweaving relationships on Krakoa, he's likely sleeping with both of them too but that has yet to be confirmed.

Andreas at least has shown the potential to become a better person. During his time with the Thunderbolts as the new Swordsman he made an honest attempt to try and make himself a better man. Unfortunately all progress he made was washed away after he was killed and then cloned and resurrected by Strucker. I expect that was deliberate when Strucker had him restored--he probably had those memories erased to prevent Andreas from switching sides on him.

Spectacular Member

Another great issue in my opinion. I totally get the criticism many have had that this book is really the Kate and Emma show and at this point we've even had more about Calisto than Bishop or Iceman in some ways. But because I always thought this very much WAS the Kate and Emma book, and everyone else was secondary to them, this has not really disappointed me. Also, just not a huge fan of Iceman or Bishop compared to Kate and Emma so that plays a factor too.

So I love all the backdoor scheming, party planning, Hellfire madness. Hell, I wish Sage was part of this book, at least as a guest star occasionally for that very reason.

I agree that for fans of Bishop they should start using him or let another book have him but again...this is someone who murdered billions of people to more efficiently kill a little girl. He's still not off my ****-list for that whole plotline. Especially cause they never retconned it in anyway. They just want us to kind of forget it which is never my favorite way to handle that kind of continuity. The story might not have been great, but it happened, and it hasn't really been dealt with in my opinion. But I doubt they're gonna regurgitate all that stuff anytime soon.

Anyway, great issue, great art. Love seeing Storm's time in the book come to an end with such a nice moment between her and Calisto. Still loving this series in general.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Either way, there's an acknowledgment from the writers & other characters in the book that these characters are bad people who've done bad things - trying to sell the fact that these characters are in Krakoa as a "problematic" aspect of the writing as the original poster seemed to be doing is odd since that's literally being said in the book itself

Shaw saw Shinobi as a possible weapon against Kate & Emma and has been lying to him from the start
    He's useless as a weapon against them, heck we just saw Frost read his mind and manipulate him, what possible way could Shaw use him against them? Especially after they messed him up and he is currently crippled and wounded as he is? I mean if they showed he has some contingency in place or some plan in case this happened that somehow uses Shinobi i would believe he is a threat but as it stands i doubt it. Let's be real here, who can possibly be a threat to Frost and Kitty at this stage? Shaw is down, Madripor is probably about to get schooled, The brats have proven how useless they are...what is there to threaten them at this stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    ...what is there to threaten them at this stage?
    Apparently nothing.

Which is why Storm now feels she can move on.

Astonishing Member

Hubris is the threat I would say. Victory disease

As long as there’s a neutron firing in Shaw’s brain he’s still a threat, broken body or no. Emma should know better

Putting Shaw in a wheelchair in order to avenge his crime is rubbing me the wrong way...

I don't know. I really want to like this book but I can't. There are too many aspects of it I think they are pretty ridiculous without being fun.

Do we already know what Emma's brother powers are? Looking cute? Besides that, something else?

Shinobi and Christian make a very sexy couple though! I think it is time for a evil gay power couple in X-Men comics (besides Mystique and Destiny of course! lol)
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-14-2021 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Shinobi and Christian make a very sexy couple though! I think it is time for a evil gay power couple in X-Men comics (besides Mystique and Destiny of course! lol)
    That's what Fenris are for

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    That was just a visual representation of Callisto's senses being back to normal. It was a colorful visual intended to demonstrate that she sees, hears, feels, tastes, etc differently.

Hard to convey a thing like that, and thusly also hard to interpret for some.

It reminded me of the moment when Dorothy steps out of her black and white existence, into the vibrant colors of the Munchkin village.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    It reminded me of the moment when Dorothy steps out of her black and white existence, into the vibrant colors of the Munchkin village.
    Are you talking about Golden Girls?
    I think that's just a Florida nursing home