Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Love the book but a pet peeve I have is that Duggan sets up conflicts and then resolves them immediately. I thought Kate saving Lowtown from the Verendi was going to be a new sub-plot, but the problem was taken care of in a single data page. Same thing with the poisoned medicine.
    Yeah, I had the same issue. In earlier issues we kept getting reminders of the poisoned medicine thing, with the X-Desk sending repeated warnings, and then it all got resolved off panel. At least things like Fenris and Shinobi/Christian still seem to be active plot threads that will get resolved later.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Why did she get resurrected and still need an eye patch?! Fix those problems, people!
    Lol you know...I didn’t even think about it until you mentioned but yeah...they should’ve fixed that.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    this didnt feel like the flagship title to me. X-men was that. X-men is what drove the direction of the X-line, not Maraurders
    Flapship TEAM I should say, X-Men has certainly Felt like this team appeared together the most collectively in other books. But maybe my bias is showing. I'm just so thankful to not have the garbage that has been most of AvX through HoX.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Yo what's the tea on Ferris being racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    The Storm and Callisto plot was excellent. That moment when Storm entered the Crucible, and then her cradling Callisto afterwards, and welcoming her back to life as a mutant. Really loved the emphasis on their relationship in this issue. I am also intrigued that Shinobi is apparently innocent of Kate's murder, and presumably didn't know everything his father was getting up to. I think Shinobi is an interesting and potentially sympathetic character, and I'd love to see him get further development. My only complaint is the usual: Bishop had very little to do, and Iceman and Pyro were MIA.....which makes about 7 issues in a row in which they either didn't appear, or were background wallpaper with no dialogue. If the cover for Marauders 18 can be trusted, it looks like we'll get an Iceman and Pyro story with the next issue, and hopefully Bishop will be included as well. I'm hoping that we get more than just one spotlight issue on them, since they've been practically cardboard cut-outs for most of the series. But the Storm focus this time was great, and Duggan seems to be picking up the previous plot threads like Fenris, Christian and Shinobi, so we'll see where that goes.
    I agree with everything you said. As much as I love Emma and Kate’s character development here, I do hope they take a backseat and we get some focus on Bishop and Iceman. I mean it looks like Emma, Kate and Ororo’s storylines are all wrapped up, so I don’t see why not we move on to the other characters.

Even if her role wasn’t that large in this series, I did love Ororo’s characterization, acknowledged evolved history with Callisto and her outro in this issue. I do hope her next role will be big and she won’t be regulated to only that CotA book.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Their father was a leader of HYDRA. He raised them on nazism and white supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They are nazis. I saw it on twitter, I thought it was racism but it is even worse. I don't know what it is up with Krakoa and nazis., specially on the book that stars a major jewish hero.
    WTH writers...they even do jokes with it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They are nazis. I saw it on twitter, I thought it was rraism but it is even worse. I don't know what it is up with Krakoa and nazis., specially on the book that stars a major jewish hero.
    WTH writers...
    It's not like their on the team lol

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I thought this was kind of dull. I liked the Storm and Callisto scenes, but everything else was boring. I'm looking forward to the Gala, but I don't need to hear or see the minutiae of preparations. I'm getting tired of Madripoor and the Verendi. I am intrigued about the expedition that Christian and Shinobi were talking about.

The writers and editors have mentioned several times in interviews that resurrection will not be used to erase disability representation, Cal isn't getting her eye back.

Do you think that what Emma said to Shinobi about his powers being more like those of Leland means that maybe Sebastian is not his father ?

They are nazis. I saw it on twitter, I thought it was racism but it is even worse. I don't know what it is up with Krakoa and nazis., specially on the book that stars a major jewish hero.
    Everyone gets a pass on Krakoa of past crimes. Krakoa isn't just for good people. I mean listing all the crimes that the people on that island of done to each other and humans is too much to list

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Do you think that what Emma said to Shinobi about his powers being more like those of Leland means that maybe Sebastian is not his father ?
    Had that thought as well when i read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    It's long been speculated that Harry Leland is Shinobi's real father.

Fantastic Member

Since Shinobi brought them in on Sebastian's side earlier, I'm guessing Fenris is being set up for a clash with the Marauders, where they will presumably get their asses kicked. They certainly aren't being treated very sympathetically so far.

They are nazis. I saw it on twitter, I thought it was racism but it is even worse. I don't know what it is up with Krakoa and nazis.
    Eh, they still have much fewer nazis than America.