Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While I thoroughly enjoyed this issue...9.5 /10
    I have two miniscule nits...

1: Storm fighting up close and personal wearing her cape (she knows better)...Duggan and Lolli missed a golden opportunity to have Storm wear her classic costume as an homage to their first fight.
    2: I would have loved at least one more page of fighting.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I’m waiting for the Bobby/Christian/Shinobi love triangle to be expanded upon. Mr. Frost keeps playing with these boys’ hearts.

Didn't get to read this until late last night, solid issue that made me excited for the gala. The 2 page spread with Storm and Callisto was something to behold.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    You argue a lot "there are villains in Krakoa!" as if Kingpin were not the mayor of New York or Norman Osborn the director of a psychiatric-correctional facility.
    Those situations are not at all the same as the Quiet Council. Supervillains gaining positions of power is not the same as the heroes giving supervillains positions of power.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Those situations are not at all the same as the Quiet Council. Supervillains gaining positions of power is not the same as the heroes giving supervillains positions of power.
    The term supervillian is relative and they arent supervillians on Krakoa

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Marauders is a book that started off with a bang and then lost a bit of steam but this issue definitely brought it back to the top for me.

I took this issue to mean that Storm is being written out of Marauders? I wonder if she's poised to leave the QQ as well and join Scott and Jean's X-Men team or launch the millionth X-spin-off?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As there’s no hero, then…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Most of the Quiet Council are not heroes.

Jean, Ororo, Kurt, Emma and Kate are heroes.

Magneto, Exodus, Mystique, Xavier, Apocalypse, Sinister and Shaw are not.

The big key difference for Krakoa is that they chose to bring them to Krakoa. People being born in America and growing up to be evil or assholes is different than giving evil people a freebie.

There's a difference to, say, Dylan Roof, and then inviting Dylan Roof to your private town and/or putting him as a head of your government, to hang out with all the people he's wronged
    Yeah, this are completely different situations. IDK why people defend so much the nazis on a comic book that is a minority alegory

Apocalypse is a supervillain, Sinister too.
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-14-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Marauders is a book that started off with a bang and then lost a bit of steam but this issue definitely brought it back to the top for me.

I took this issue to mean that Storm is being written out of Marauders? I wonder if she's poised to leave the QQ as well and join Scott and Jean's X-Men team or launch the millionth X-spin-off?

I want the Acanti to come a-calling and whisk her away for some cosmic space-whale related adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Apocalypse is a supervillain, Sinister too.
    Was a supervillian. Apocalypse hasnt been used in that capacity since Blood of the Apocalypse 15 years ago. Besides everyone has been given a chance to start anew on Krakoa. No one came to the island as a villian. What they do now can make them but no one is acting as such, at least not openly that can be called out

Was a supervillian. Apocalypse hasnt been used in that capacity since Blood of the Apocalypse 15 years ago. Besides everyone has been given a chance to start anew on Krakoa. No one came to the island as a villian. What they do now can make them but no one is acting as such, at least not openly that can be called out
    Some villains aren't having this new blank slate start. Sinister is doing his devil things and Omega red already did his.
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-14-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Some villains aren't having this new bblack slate start. Sinister is doing his devil things and Omega red already did his.
    Sinister was given a blank slate. He's not acting against Krakoa and no one is aware of any underhanded things he might be doing. He's literally not being an antagonist to anyone

Omega Red is not a citizen living on Krakoa and is currently being used as a double agent against his own knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Speaking of Christian, I listened to a podcast a little while ago that mentioned some disappointment with his twinkish design, and I agree. He's supposed to be older than Emma, I would like him to look a bit more daddy.
    Where is this podcast? I'd love to hear someone who discuss in details the X-men.

Other than that, I'm not only fine with him looking twinky-ish, but I wouldn't have him any other way. If he was daddy-ish, he'd look like any other man characters in a hero book. Take Cyclops, who was supposed to be slim but has the same amount of muscle as Wolverine.

Not only that, but people can get older without gaining weight, like Jared Leto who is almost 50 as has a body of 25 yo guy.

Edit: The image is a lot larger than expected. Sorry for that.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    CEREBRO?
    Love that pod.
    Yep. I've only listened to a few episodes, they're a bit on the long side, but I enjoy Goldsmith's commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Well to be fair, Lollli makes everyone but Sebastian look like they're barely drinking age.
    I agree. I think Lolli is a good artist but I don't love his style for some of these characters.

IDK why people defend so much the nazis on a comic book that is a minority alegory
    Because as we all know the best way to combat nazism and racist ideologies are to pretend they don't exist and hope they go away. Obvious villains have no place in superhero comics.