Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I loved Wonder Woman's telepathic connection with her lasso from Super Friends and wish that they had incorporated it into the comics.

From 1:00 - 1:18:

BANNED

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    What's that?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    She had plenty of versatility before sword and shield. She also has: Astral projection, dimensional traveling, some magical spells, force shields, fires of hestia, lightning of zeus, gaea's regeneration and reformation, bracelets healing field, divine indestructibility, force to tell the truth, force feeding the truth, negating transformations and magic, countering reality alteration to a degree, seeing souls, entering souls, catching souls, trapping people inside their souls, able to attack souls, weak spot detection and divinity detection, magical super stretching, magical super sharpness, divine sight and seeing through illusions thanks to the sight of Athena, telepathy resistance, magic resistance, channeling the godwave, talking with animals, super senses, super intelligence, super fast language learning, divine beauty and longevity to a high degree.
    Wonder Woman had all these powers/abilities before New 52?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Wonder Woman had all these powers/abilities before New 52?
    Yes. Before new 52.

BANNED

What's that?
    Lunchbox Art

JK, it's fan art. You won't see her or Thor do this on merchandising even though Thor splits skulls and shatters bones with his hammer. You also won't see Black Widow riddling people with bullets.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 01-23-2021 at 08:38 AM.

Fantastic Member

Yes. Before new 52.
    Do you think that's too much Powers/abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Do you think that's too much Powers/abilities?
    I prefer them over generic sword and shield.

No, not with the reception to WW1984, the general public genuinely felt the lasso and bracelets weren't enough. Knowing D.C. they'll probably look at that, overcorrect and give us "Wonder Woman: Warrior Princess" all the time now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No, not with the reception to WW1984, the general public genuinely felt the lasso and bracelets weren't enough. Knowing D.C. they'll probably look at that, overcorrect and give us "Wonder Woman: Warrior Princess" all the time now.
    I hope the lesson WB takes away is that the next movie needs more traditional action and two more rounds of proofreading. I don't want a return to sword and shield, not because I'm inherently against them, but because they are boring weapons. A sword is a sword and Diana doesn't do anything particularly interesting with the shield.

Give me the visual wonder of the lasso and the skills of the bracelets.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They probably wouldnt have felt that way if the action was better and there was more of it. Give good action scenes and I doubt they'd complain if there was a sword or not.

I have not seen much complain about the sword and shield not being there. I have seen complains about the action and CGI not being good enough. So i would not use WW84 as an example.

I have not seen much complain about the sword and shield not being there. I have seen complains about the action and CGI not being good enough. So i would not use WW84 as an example.
    I've seen some try to make a big deal of no sword, though it makes me wonder where it would be appropriate. Gutting White House security guards?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I've seen some try to make a big deal of no sword, though it makes me wonder where it would be appropriate. Gutting White House security guards?
    They do not seem to be a majority among the people that had issues with the movie.

I mean there can be a balance to both. Diana can still have a sword and shield but also keep her lasso has her main weapon. I mean she is magic. Why not have it be her bracelet's can also be used has a storage unit.