Hi, new here, I thought about a concept in comic books that I've not really found a direct answer for.

When it comes to characters withy advance healing capabilities, characters like wolverine, deadpool and lobo come to mind. Infact I thought about this after watching superman - man of tomorrow, very good movie worth a watch.

Not to go into spoilers much, but in the movie, Lobo blows himself up with a bomb, and walks about from it in one piece, for obvious reasons due to his healing.

My thought though is that, I also remember years ago, in a wolverine comic, wolverine was blown up in a car crash and all the flesh vaporized from hid body, but his healed up rapidly, since that writer decided to play it his healing was faster then the flash could run, obviously a writing decision.

What I want to know though, when you have this kind of advanced healing on a character, one who can heal up their entire body from a single cell, like all thats left of them is a foot or finger, and they can reform completely from that. What happens when if you have say two fingers left after an explosion, or say the character simply has their hand cut off. Does this process spawn a second identity character like two wolverines, deadpools or lobos? If they can heal up completely from one piece of themselves, with full memories and everything being just as they were before, why then doesn't this result in complete copies of themselves?