Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

The entire broken back and recovery from said broken back storyline will always be a wtf for me in regards to this movie. Beyond that though, I tend to prefer it over TDK. Which is ironic considering TDK has no scenes like that that takes me out of the movie. I guess it boils down to my preferring Bane to Joker (and for all the Ricky Bobbys out there no that doesn't mean I thought Ledger's performance was crap). The voice and modulation was supposed to represent a cultured monster, kinda how I'd imagine Dark Beast would be if he ever made it to the big screen. And to that end it succeeded. I thought Bane was a very memorable villain with a lot of good quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    For me, the buildup to the twist was excellent, but the follow-up was weak. The subtle hints that Bane was not the child who escaped were really well done. The problem is that nothing is done with Talia once she's revealed as the mastermind. She stabs Batman from behind and drives the truck. That's it. This is the daughter of Ra's al Ghul, the man who trained Bruce, and someone who as a child pulled off a physical feat which Batman struggled so hard to do even when he was recovered and back to full strength. And all of that might as well not matter with what little she does once she reveals she's the villain.
    It's been a while, but R'as didn't actually do a whole lot in the 3rd act, either, if I'm remembering correctly.