Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Nolan cracks were already showing with that. the realism was no longer matching up well to the events. No way, Batman could have fought Bane again and won with that broken back.

We should be thankful Nolan knew when to quit. Either way I liked the film. it's a less flawed 3rd movie to X-Men 3 or Spiderman 3.

I remember the intensive rivalry it had with Avengers 2012, while Avengers 2012 was more enjoyable to watch in cinema, TDKR grows on you more, you cannot help but appreciate Nolan as an honest film maker even his flawed films like The Dark Knight Rises
    As I recall, he didn’t win; bane stabbed him and threatened to Blow up Gotham; batman begged him to stop, but cat woman blew him up. One of the many things I didn’t like about this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    As I recall, he didn’t win; bane stabbed him and threatened to Blow up Gotham; batman begged him to stop, but cat woman blew him up. One of the many things I didn’t like about this movie.
    Talia was the one that stabbed him.
    Hated.Feared.SavingThe World.Tell Me What's Changed.

I was one of the people who didn't love the film but as far as I can tell thats not a popular opinion. The movie didn't get the love TDK did but it still seemed to beloved by the audience in large.

I think people already touch on it nobody dislikes the film, It just came after one of the best films ever and it is a bit of a disappointment that as the last film couldn't top the other film. In a trilogy, you want to go up in the momentum. It is a good movie in a vacuum in reality it had to carry the weight of expectations you want it to be better than the second one. I always explain here that you have to give credit to Avengers endgame because it stuck land of pleasing the expectations of the audience. It is hard to thing do when you have to be epic and fulfill people's expectations. It is just a good movie when people wanted another great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I didn't hate it, but the adaptation of three of the characters sucked the wind out of it for me. The interpretation of both "Robin" and Talia were too far away from the source for me to like it at all. The reveal on Bane - whose interpretation up to the reveal I had been really digging - just snatched all my enjoyment out of every scene he'd played before.

I should point out that Anne Hathaway's Catwoman was my favorite character of the entire trilogy. Her turn from masquerading as a mousy caterer into a smooth femme fatale with no more than a shift in facial expression and body language hooked me completely. Her scene in the bar with the kidnapped politician was similar, shifting from dangerous criminal into panicking bystander, but nowhere nearly as powerful as the first because you just weren't ready for it.
    i honestly don't know if i missed it or not, but was there any xplanation as to why catwoman was such a bad ass??

In didn't really like any of the Nolan Batman movies. This one seemed to be the least Nolan-y of the three though. More than any of the others, it felt like the plot was fighting against the director's style.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i honestly don't know if i missed it or not, but was there any xplanation as to why catwoman was such a bad ass??
    What, like a training montage or something? Nobody established why an archeologist had such rough-and-tumble skills in Raiders Of The Lost Ark either.

Master Thief in a superhero film: hit play.

Incredible Member

The third act kills the movie.

Bane felt like a unique combination of brains and brawns against an aging dark knight and then when he's done it's such a disconnect that nobody cares about Talia.

Rises is the least rewatchable NolanBats film.

I don't hate it (Hardy's Bane is enjoyably great), I don't love it (the entire police force being trapped underground for months is something so stupid and outlandish that Burton wouldn't even try).

I nothing it.

It's just ... there.

Very much the Godfather III of the NolanBats trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Well, technically, Selina Kyle rammed Bane with a motorcycle, I think, after Talia stabbed Batman.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I think people already touch on it nobody dislikes the film, It just came after one of the best films ever and it is a bit of a disappointment that as the last film couldn't top the other film. In a trilogy, you want to go up in the momentum. It is a good movie in a vacuum in reality it had to carry the weight of expectations you want it to be better than the second one. I always explain here that you have to give credit to Avengers endgame because it stuck land of pleasing the expectations of the audience. It is hard to thing do when you have to be epic and fulfill people's expectations. It is just a good movie when people wanted another great movie.
    Exactly. Few people think it was bad. It was just following after the best live action Batman movie ever and was the finale of the series, both of which create great expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    The third act kills the movie.

Bane felt like a unique combination of brains and brawns against an aging dark knight and then when he's done it's such a disconnect that nobody cares about Talia.
    What I liked most about Bane was the flashback where he prevents the rape. That got a gasp from the audience just in that it breaks from the villain being just a villain.

The politics of the movie are pretty bad (it was made as a clap back to Occupy Wallstreet), even if Bane is good.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

It's not a terrible movie, but I didn't really like it. I just felt like too many of the "impactful" moments lacked emotion.

Bane reading a random note from Gordon about Dent's death on TV and everyone is supposed to just believe it and be shocked? Definitely didn't land right.

John Blake could tell Bruce was Batman because he saw the pain in his eyes...that's just bad writing.

Bane was intimidating but a little cartoonish in weird ways.

Alfred gave the ending away very early. It was too teelegraphed.

I thought Batman's fight with Bane was amateurish. The concept was cool, it was shot very well. But man that was a poor fight.

Overall I didn't care for anything happening in Gotham outside of Bruce's immediate plotline. I was bored by the cops and John Blake. It's also kind of unclear why the League of Assassins is recruiting criminals to take over Gotham. We have vague themes of revenge, but it's unclear who has been wronged and what they want besides chaos. I get that they owe Bruce payback for R'as, but they gloss over the dynamics of Gotham, which increasingly felt like any ordinary city.

I thought the bomb was a lazy and cliche storytelling device.

The Talia twist was alright, but that ain't Talia, and Blake is certainly no Robin I know.

I thought the bat plane was ugly and seeing it hover through a nondescript urban landscape in the daytime was kinda wack.

In the end, Bruce is in the suit like twice, and not for very long.

So while I thought most of the Lazarus Pit was cool, Cat Woman was cool, and I was excited about the Knightfall elements, too much of the movie has elements I don't care for that don't serve the central story well enough.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The politics of the movie are pretty bad (it was made as a clap back to Occupy Wallstreet), even if Bane is good.
    That's also true. Didn't like that at all.