Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

"Yes with the hard evidence as I don't really like to lie to people. Additionally I am not biased."
    Best joke ever

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The audience in my cinema did not chuckle. some nodded their heads in agreement with bane. it was a great scene.

Yes with the hard evidence as I don't really like to lie to people. Additionally I am not biased.
    Guess you topped yourself.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

If you just assume everything he says is in Bizarro speak, it makes a lot more sense.

On the subject of Bizarro speak, who thought giving Bane a voice that sounds like a muppet was a good idea?

I loved Bane's voice. His marvellously over-the-top delivery is one of the highlights of the film for me.

Bane's voice is so great.

The Harley Quinn Animated version of Bane is hilarious.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I loved Bane's voice. His marvellously over-the-top delivery is one of the highlights of the film for me.
    Personally I didn't like it. He wasn't intimidating at all. I am unsure what effect they were trying to pull off with it.

In general, I am so over villains who give long monologies about how humanity sucks. It was one thing which killed Ultron for me in Avengers 2 - he just kept talking.

Bane’s voice, the potholes, and the “lets send every cop to the tunnels” mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Bane’s voice, the potholes, and the “lets send every cop to the tunnels” mostly.
    Great idea for a Batman villain - the Potholer - a guy who just goes around Gotham making tons of potholes. I think he may live near me.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Great idea for a Batman villain - the Potholer - a guy who just goes around Gotham making tons of potholes. I think he may live near me.
    The Potholer is a Stan Lee villain name. The Batman equivalent would have to be something more obviously beatnik LSD counter-cultury, like White Rabbit.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The Potholer is a Stan Lee villain name. The Batman equivalent would have to be something more obviously beatnik LSD counter-cultury, like White Rabbit.
    There really is a White Rabbit for Batman. Makes sense if your Rogues Gallery includes a Mad Hatter, Walrus and a Carpenter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The guy makes potholes. We could call him Drop Out.

He would be called the Asphalt Al when he fought the Human Torch, later he would be renamed The Potholer.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If you just assume everything he says is in Bizarro speak, it makes a lot more sense.

On the subject of Bizarro speak, who thought giving Bane a voice that sounds like a muppet was a good idea?
    I liked the intonation of Bane's voice, but it's the modulator/muffledness that was the hard part.

Apparently that was Hardy's idea, basing it off both boxer Bentley Gorman's solid toughness but also the philosophical schemer of the source material (hence the voice inflections). To me ultimately it highlighted Bane as thoughtful and intimidating, but ultimately no real bite* past a certain point (like a carnival barker or braggart -- the dog and pony show), in a way mimicking how he was Talia's pawn and not the big bad we were led to believe for 90% of the movie, or how the tides turned quickly once Batman figured out to attack the mask.

*I really don't mean this as a criticism of the movie, either. If done well, it's a good twist. If it's done well here in the movie, I'll let the rest of you decide

Extraordinary Member

For me, the buildup to the twist was excellent, but the follow-up was weak. The subtle hints that Bane was not the child who escaped were really well done. The problem is that nothing is done with Talia once she's revealed as the mastermind. She stabs Batman from behind and drives the truck. That's it. This is the daughter of Ra's al Ghul, the man who trained Bruce, and someone who as a child pulled off a physical feat which Batman struggled so hard to do even when he was recovered and back to full strength. And all of that might as well not matter with what little she does once she reveals she's the villain.