Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Shocking Moment of the Year
    Those moments this year with most jaw-dropping plot twists that blew your mind, and made go yihaaaa, or made you sit and stare to the wall for hours or gave you nightmares, perhaps? Did the creation of zombies on Genosha you unable to move for minutes, or did the moment Wildside was asked to help out the New Mutants prevented you from blinking for a while? The moment perhaps where Polaris build a gateway with the remains of Rockslide? Well as shocking as these were, the voters thought there were moments way more shocking....

Number 1: Death in Otherworld means the end of a character as we know it.
    With 27 points
    4 X voted as #1

So the mutants can be resurrected, but when they died in Otherworld, they simply end to exist forever, no comeback, no nothing, just gone.

Number 2: The Crucible
    With 25 points
    5 X voted as #1

This was a shocker indeed, we saw a depowered Melody Guthrie fight Apocalypse, so she could die in an honorable way, so she would be rewarded with a resurrection, so she would have powers again? That is a cruel thing, shocking.

Number 3: Kate Pryde finally showing her bisexuality on panel
    With 18 points
    2 X voted as #1

It was speculated for years she might be bi-sexual, but it was never outed. Till this year, She kissed a girl and she liked it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Funniest Moment of the Year
    After shocking and bizarre moments there were also those moment which made us wet our pants. Whether the creative teams were trying intentionally to be funny or not, there were those hilarious moments this year, they deserved to be highlighted. Even tough humor is like art, some like one joke, another does not. I was LMAO when I did read the bickering between Betsy and Pete Wisdom in Excalibur, but one of the few. Last year winner was Kitty breaking her nose, trying to enter Krakoa.

Number 1: Mr. Sinister love for his cape and playing game with himself for it
    With 21 points
    3 X voted as #1

Number 2: Nanny warning Mr. Sinister
    With 18 points
    2 X voted as #1

Number 3: Sunspot recapping an issue that never happened
    With 15 points
    2 X voted as #1

Quote of the Year
    This category never one quote gets an awful lot of points, not because they were not funny, nope, just because each year there are so many quotes noticeable. Sometimes because they are funny, like the many bitchy remarks of Emma Frost, or they are heartbreaking, a clear statement, or shocking and scary, like last years remark by a woman we thought was soft: Destiny saying "Burn Her. Slowly. I want her to remember how dying like this feels". So which quotes stood out most of all?

Number 1
    With 24 points
    5 X voted as #1

"I want my wife back" - Mystique
    Poor Raven, she was promised the return of her big true love, but so far X and Magneto have not kept their promise. This pisses Mystique off, big time. Wonder what she will say when she finds out they intent NEVER ro resurrect Destiny at all.

Number 2
    With 22 points
    5 X voted as #1

"Are you telling me there are New Mutants stories that I'm not a part of? What the f..." - Sunspot
    Who would have thought Sunspot could be so funny, recapturing an issue that never actually happened, leaving some fans wonder what they missed. This remark was also really funny. So we get to see him again in the current space adventure? Can't wait to hear his next funny quote.

Number 3
    With 15 points
    3 X voted as #1

""I usually have a cape. If you're wondering why I look like this." - Sinister
    The Hellions series reallt stood out this year in many way, mostly the unexpected fun read. After years of trying, finally we have a writer coming with funny quotes of Essex, this being the best of them all. More to follow in 20221, for sure.

One of my favorites was "I surrender" by Apocalypse as it marked a iconic moment of this year.

Today you will get the last outcomes!

Best Romance/Kiss of the Year
    What lip-locks caught our attention this year? There was a lack of Gay-romance in the X-books this year, except for Kate kissing a girl, or a gay oriented remark by Scott and Logan. Bu there was some romance was for some the X-men in 2020. Were there mutants playing tonsil hockey that you felt were beyond hot? Find out now! Last year winners: Rogue and Gambit.

Number 1: Cyclops & Jean
    With 25 points
    4 X voted as #1

It seems Scott and Jean took over the title of Mr. & Mrs. X this year. They reestablished their relationship and build it strong, very strong. Not only great as a couple, but also as co-leaders of the mutants/ X-Men. Not a big shocker that these two hit the number one spot

Number 2: Apocalypse & Genesis
    With 22 points
    4 X voted as #1

The most tragic couple of 2020, they lost each other centuries ago and now when meeting again, having to battle each other. Both disappointed in how the other had changed and what thay had become, they did fight and found their love back again. Now side by side again, let us see what this power couple will bring us in times to come.

Number 3: Havok & Goblin Queen
    With 20 points
    4 X voted as #1

Talking about tragic couples. Tragedy applies for both the lives of Madelyne and Alex and even more so on their love life. I have no doubt they really did love each other both ways, even though Maddy had strange ways to show it. Now she is forever gone, snif.

Best Single Battle/Fight of the Year
    Which fight was it this year that takes home the awards? Was it a one on one fight who won this year, or was it a groups of X-Men versus an old villains? Was it the solo fight of Vulcan versus the Cotati, or perhaps how Locus Vile fought the Hellions? Nope, even though these fights were awesome, there were others voted for more.

Number 1: Gorgon vs. White Sword
    With 43 points
    8 X voted as #1

A clear winner this year and indeed this fight showed us what Gorgon is made of. He managed to kill 13 soldiers, before White Sword stepped in and finished of the job. That is the way a mutant dies. It also showed that White Sword is a man of honor. In one fight showing what both are made of, greatly done with fantatic art making this fight feel real.

Number 2: Storm vs. Death
    With 22 points
    3 X voted as #1

As Storm said: "I have been dancing with you my entire life ", she had been close to being killed many times in her life. But when it comes to hand to hand fighting, Storm has proved over and over again, she is not to mess with, even without using her powers. They were a great match, but in the end Storm stabbed Death, only for the vampires to feast on him.

Number 3: Final battle in X of Swords
    With 19 points
    4 X votes as #1

A big splash page does wonders. Jean and Cyclops teleported almost every X-Men in who are currently on Krakoa, including even some former villains, to take care of their opponents of Arakko for once and for all. The battle that followed could have gone on for two more issues, as we like to see our mutants fight.

Low point of 2020
    We all saw some groan-worthy moments in 2019, that made us embarrassed to be seen reading it by your friends and made you some even deleting a title from their pull-list. In 2019 the ultimate low point was Age of X in general. This year we had to suffer with Kwannon still named Psylocke with same powers, look and feel and the tournaments in SoX being a joke. Though these were not even the worst.

Number 1: COVID-19 delays
    With 35 points
    8 X voted as #1

This is the first time a low point had won that Marvel or the X-Office was not to blame for. It was Covid-19, something we still have to deal with in real life. Diamond did not print and so all comics were on hold for way to long. Glad this has passed and we get to read our favorite X-books again. Let us hope and pray that Covid will be eliminated in 2021. We are so done with this dark period.

Number 2: Mr. & Mrs. X demoted to cameo king and queen
    With 30 points
    6 X voted as #1

How on earth can you focus one one couple for two years so much that they became the most popular X-couple and highly appreciated core X-Men and then, after that put them as cameo king $ queen in Excalibur? None of the Gambit and/or Rogue fans like their current status, none...! So Hickman, this is a subject for improvement for this year.

NUMBER 3: Beast arresting Colossus
    With 24 points
    4 X voted as #1

How could you do this to one of your longest team mates and friends? And for no reason at all. Kayla, the new girlfriend of Peter wanted to make you suffer and man, did we love her to finish the job. This is not the first time you betrayed one of your friends and surely not the last. This will have consequences for you Hank, one day, mark my words.

Highlight of 2020.
    This is the cherry on the X-Books Awards cake: The moments we all loved. These were some of the moments that made us proud X-Men fans. This were the moments we were waiting for all those years. Last year the X-books got a boost and in 2020 it continues with great stories, new series, some great art, fantastic pay back scenes and awesome character moments.

Number 1: New X-Men kids alive and reunited
    With 38 points
    7 X voted as #1

Wallflower, Hellion, Winddancer, Surge, Elixir, Dust, Mercury, Anole and also lesser known kids like Aero, DJ, Indra, Rain Boy and Loa, they are all back and all powered up. Some of them already have been given roles among other books, so after years of being wallpaper and background fillers, things finally look better for the X-kids.

Number 2: Cyclops and Jean defying the Council and getting the X-Men back
    With 27 points
    6 X voted as #1

Talking about strong character moments. OMG! Cyclops and jean, at the very end of the year had enough. They stood up against the rulers of Krakoa, who said there will be no X-Men. But Jean and Scott will say "To us, our X-Men" and there is no stopping them. THAT is leading! THAT is powerful, THAT are our X-Men! Sorry, let myself go a bit dramatically.

Number 3: Start of new SWORD series
    With 18 points
    2 X voted as #1

This was an unexpected surprise. We were waiting for a Moira or X-Corps title, or the delayed CotA. But then they came with this new title and gosh, what a great cast. Not only a fantastic core team, but also a great supporting cast. We have characters in there we did not see for over a decade in the X-books (Risque, Voght, Wiz-Kid)and finally Manifold is on an X-book!

That was it!
    This year lived up to the promise of 2019. The X-books were then given a boost and relaunched after Hox/PoX. They continued being great and I, as an X-Men fan for decades, am so happy about that. This year was simply a fantastic year for X-Men fans. And things look great for 2021 as well, we can look forward to a few new series and a new X-Men team, which we can even vote for (a little bit).

2020 gave us a lot of new characters and the rebirth of many, as well as some depowered mutants getting back their powers, though the proses might be cruel.

It has been a good year and it was a happy job to held this awards once again. It was my pleasure and thank you for voting!

Thank you so much Master of Sound! It really interesting seeing the results and I enjoyed the commentary.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Question: Are you interested in my comments when I publish the results, or do you guys do not care about that? If so, I just continue without them. Be honest.
    I always enjoy your commentary ever year!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thank you, MoS...it was indeed a pleasure. And I applaud and appreciate your effort.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Thank you so much Master of Sound! It really interesting seeing the results and I enjoyed the commentary.
    Thank you ChronoRogue, good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    I always enjoy your commentary ever year!
    Thank you. Appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thank you, MoS...it was indeed a pleasure. And I applaud and appreciate your effort.
    It was my pleasure. Good to know you like it.