Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    On podcast Williamson said that Flatline is the sidekick of Lord Death Man. I think Lord Death Man is considered E-list villain? I don't know anything about Lord Death Man, but from wiki it says that "His unconscious body was recovered by Ra's al Ghul and his servants. Ra's has Lord Death Man placed in a siphoning device in order to drain the Lazarus Pit fluids from his body. Ra's intends to restore the pits and give life to his new League of Assassins who have been dubbed the Sons of Batman."
    Sounds like Damian and Flatline will have a complicated relationship. The "casually chilling around on top of your grave" kind of relationship.
    He was an old Batman villain that Morrison brought back in Batman Inc. He is a japanese crime boss and enemy to Mr. Unknown, the Batman of Japan.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

On podcast Williamson said that Flatline is the sidekick of Lord Death Man. I think Lord Death Man is considered E-list villain? I don't know anything about Lord Death Man, but from wiki it says that "His unconscious body was recovered by Ra's al Ghul and his servants. Ra's has Lord Death Man placed in a siphoning device in order to drain the Lazarus Pit fluids from his body. Ra's intends to restore the pits and give life to his new League of Assassins who have been dubbed the Sons of Batman."
    Sounds like Damian and Flatline will have a complicated relationship. The "casually chilling around on top of your grave" kind of relationship.
    So basically she's a dark Robin like Scorn is for Wrath.

I also found this very interesting episode with Lord Death Man from Batman: The Brave and the Bold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUEFr-8lLag

I also read that he was able to pretend he was dead using yoga methods. So... Flatline yoga queen, maybe?

Also, Tynion talked briefly about Robin in his newsletter:

So, with the last round of Solicits, we got the very exciting news about a new ROBIN series by my pal Joshua Williamson, and the incredible Gleb Melnikov. And we got the first glimpse of the new character, Flatline, who will be debuting in the first issue of the book. I am very, very excited about Flatline. I have been losing my mind since Josh first messaged me her design. This is going to be a very good, exciting book. I love everything Josh is planning right now, and every piece of art I’ve seen has been absolutely stunning. But Flatline so perfectly captures the potential of the new era of DC comics, and I am so freaking excited to see the other big books invest in the creation of new, modern feeling characters. I mean, just look at her: (there's a picture of her here that I'm not putting lol)

We need to be in the business of creating exciting superheroes and villains that fans want to draw in their notebooks, and dress up as, and daydream about… Characters like that flesh out a universe and keep them feeling young, and exciting. That’s what Jorge and I were trying to do with Punchline, Clownhunter, and Ghost-Maker last year. And I think Flatline hits that mark. I already told Josh that I want to make Punchline vs. Flatline happen in the near future.
    Last edited by the1&onlyE.; 02-04-2021 at 11:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

punchline vs flatline...alright then lol. I'm glad they are trying hard to make flatline a fan favorite, she seems like a really interesting character and I like her design.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 02-04-2021 at 08:56 PM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

ROBIN #2

Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON

Art and cover by GLEB MELNIKOV

Card stock variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL

After the shocking events of Robin #1, Damian has learned the deadly rules of Lazarus Island the hard way! Now he must prove that he belongs in the tournament and uncover its secrets! But his only ally is the daughter of one of his greatest enemies: Ravager! In this tournament, only one fighter can get out alive -- ready for round two? Fight!

32 pages, $3.99 (card stock variant, $4.99), available on May 25.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 02-12-2021 at 09:43 AM.

ROBIN #2

After the shocking events of Robin #1, Damian has learned the deadly rules of Lazarus Island the hard way! Now he must prove that he belongs in the tournament and uncover its secrets! But his only ally is the daughter of one of his greatest enemies: Ravager! In this tournament, only one fighter can get out alive -- ready for round two? Fight!

I'm here for a Damian and Rose team-up .

I expect Flatline shipping to commence post-haste...

ROBIN #2

Sounds like Damian’s getting a whooping in the first issue.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Sounds like Damian’s getting a whooping in the first issue.
    Well now we know what Shiva's doing in the first issue XD

We don't, but we only have a few confirmed names in the first issue

Oooh that explains her costume
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 02-12-2021 at 10:34 AM.

So Flatline carries a backpack with a heart inside around? How... interesting. lol Good luck, Damian!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

ROBIN #2

This looks Certified Fresh.

Astonishing Member

I'm stoked that Damian's getting a big old Lord Death Man - and fresh new sidekick Flatline - story. I love Lord Death Man and always think of ways he'd be good to use, whether it be in a Batman story or a Nightwing story or whatever and haven't ever had a concrete location where I'd like to see his zany ass show up. This sounds perfect. Admittedly, Damian meeting a 'twisted Goth girl trope' isn't the genius part, the clever bit is that it's a Death Rings Twice for the Dynamic Duo / Morrison / Lazarus Blood riff that ALSO introduces a twisted Goth girl grope archetype ... and if she plays anything as weird as LDM it'll be legit since Damian plays such a good straight-man.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Robin #3

written by Joshua Williamson
    art by Gleb Melnikov
    cover by Gleb Melnikov
    card stock variant cover by Francis
    Manapul
    ON SALE 6/22/2021
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover $4.99 US| FC | DC

It’s a beach party from hell! Robin’s mission to get to the heart of the League of Lazarus's inner workings has left him once again locked in combat with his fellow fighters, but never did Damian Wayne think it would lead to a beach-blanket cookout. What’s more dangerous than a life-or-death struggle for the all-or-nothing prize of immortality? Well, for Damian, it’s acting like a normal teenager for five minutes. And don’t miss the surprise confrontation with Damian’s number 1 competition, a mysterious fighter trained by the League of Shadows!

Damian gets a beach episode. And has to act like a normal teenager. Joshua said that Robin book will be anime-like, but kinda surprised it's that anime-like.

Is that a new Damian clone? I dunno, feels like a Robin or an anti-Robin.

So Damian's getting a beach episode? All he needs now is a onsen episode and a fireworks festival, and this'll really be a manga lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that a new Damian clone? I dunno, feels like a Robin or an anti-Robin.
    Yeah I'm really hoping that's not the case. I already hated when they brought Heretic back for Teen Titans. Also wasn't a big fan of the deformed clones in Gleason's solo. Stop digging up Talia's biggest mistakes.

I’ve been seeing people guess Connor Hawke because of the mask. Not entirely sure on that but it’d be cool
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.