Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’ve been seeing people guess Connor Hawke because of the mask. Not entirely sure on that but it’d be cool
    It's not only based on the mask though, but on the fact that Francis Manapaul said he'll be doing the variants for Robin and he made a cover with Connor Hawke. That being said, you know, it's just an easy conclusion.

Besides, the mask does fits very well on the mysterious silhouette...

Okay now that makes more sense, I had no idea about the Manapul thing so I thought people were just grasping at straws.

But yeah Son of Batman vs Son of Green Arrow in a martial arts tournament sounds awesome.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Kind of a random spot to bring Connor back, but still cool .
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    So Damian's getting a beach episode? All he needs now is a onsen episode and a fireworks festival, and this'll really be a manga lol
    Flatline in a yukata ?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

These covers are great.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay now that makes more sense, I had no idea about the Manapul thing so I thought people were just grasping at straws.

But yeah Son of Batman vs Son of Green Arrow in a martial arts tournament sounds awesome.
    Hell yeah, I really want to see where this goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of a random spot to bring Connor back, but still cool .

Flatline in a yukata ?
    Definitely unexpected, but I'm in! Also, I think it makes a little sense, because in the past Connor had his own tournament arc, right?

Also, this kinda mede me wonder if Flatline is Japanese, since Lord Death Man was Mr. Unknown's villain.

Astonishing Member

So, you were right.
    spoilers:
    We're getting Damian vs Connor Hawke in tournament after all.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Calling it now, Conner is about to become part of Damian's posse and I couldn't be happier.

I'm loving Williamson bringing back so many characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Calling it now, Conner is about to become part of Damian's posse and I couldn't be happier.

I'm loving Williamson bringing back so many characters.
    He better be, cause unless Connor is seriously nerfed, there is no way Damian can win against him.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He better be, cause unless Connor is seriously nerfed, there is no way Damian can win against him.
    Agree. Tbh, people being nerfed in general is my biggest fear with this book, but it's literally too early to judge it.

spoilers:
    Also, it seems to me that there's a lot at stake here. There's what seems to be a civil League war between the League of Shadows and Lazarus, and I've got a feeling that Connor is brainwashed or something. The way they said that he's a recently discovered secret weapon is very sus. Besides the real objective of the tournament is still unclear.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

He doesn't need to be nerfed since my belief is that he would be Damian's age if not the why would he end up part of the posse?

!3 yr old Conner is no match for Damian.

Now I'm to begining hope we get more new characters than old/returning characters.

New characters have no baggage while old ones have plenty of history. This talk already about being nerfed shows that fans already have an idea in their head of what they expect so this book and Damian are already at a disadvantage.

Old characters have fans who have expectations while Damian heeds to reach the last legs of tournament since it's the theme of his book.

This likely will be a problematic series that will piss a bunch of people off.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 03-23-2021 at 12:36 PM.

He doesn't need to be nerfed since my belief is that he would be Damian's age if not the why would he end up part of the posse?

Now I'm to begining hope we get more new characters than old/returning characters.

New characters have no baggage while old ones have plenty of history. This talk already about being nerfed shows that fans already have an idea in their head of what they expect so this book and Damian are already at a disadvantage.

Old characters have fans who have expectations while Damian heeds to reach the last legs of tournament since it's the theme of his book.

He doesn't look 13 in the last page of today's TEC.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Rose Wilson is in her 20s and she's in Robin.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Connor definitely doesn't look 13 to me, not sure where you got that idea from.

Also, I think you are worrying too ahead of time. It will all depend on the execution. Either way, the book hasn't even started yet, and having old characters mixed with new ones is a big part of the appeal. Let's just wait and see what Williamson will do, it's all in his hands.

He doesn't look 13 in the last page of today's TEC.
    I would be surprised if he's younger than 18, to be honest. I haven't look at any picture, but Connor was meant to succeed into the GA mantle, and I doubt they deaged him into barely a teenager here.

Edit: thank you, The Internet. Well, I think he may look 16 or so.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-23-2021 at 01:45 PM.

I'd give him 16 at the youngest, but that's definitely looking like an adult's silhouette