Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Robin by Williamson and Melnikov Announced

After learning of the deadly League of Lazarus tournament, Damian Wayne has a new mission: to win the tournament and prove he is the greatest fighter in the DC Universe! But first he must find the secret island where the tournament is being held!
    Last edited by Hypo; 01-14-2021 at 07:08 AM.

That cover has Nite-Wing, Lady Vic and Tigress. Not really a fan of this new costume.
    Also, don't particularly enjoy Deathstroke being in this.

Urgh. Robin, again ?

Damian's officialy became one of the worthless characters ever.

Plus this suit is absolutely ugly... A dowgrade even to his former Robin suit in so many ways...
    Last edited by Korath; 01-14-2021 at 07:16 AM.

I wish they would have stayed with the promo costume or Tomasi's Tec costume but I guess they had to make it more Robin looking. Shame.
    Interesting villain choices.

That costume is awful. Nice to see Tad and Lady Vic in action, but this'll be a pass for me.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

The creative team is pretty good but that costume is terrible.
    It's the worst Damian design by far. So busy and ugly.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I kinda like the new costume. More than the one shown on Bat’s Infinite frontier spread at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The creative team is pretty good but that costume is terrible.
    It's the worst Damian design by far. So busy and ugly.
    They need to stop apping the Batman 666 collar. it was already not a great look for any crimefighter, but here, with the colors (red, yellow, black and grey, that's at least one too many with their placement), no hood and the torso's two pieces... yeah, really a bad look.

And of course, that cursed R on his chest. Damian's not Tim, he didn't need that to be his own character DC !

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't think grey is a good choice, it's drab. I think they should've gone with white if they're avoiding green or red breast, but they're doing the American Robin color. So grey it is I guess.

I don't see what's so ugly or busy about it. It's pretty standard complexity for My Hero Academia style. Same with the new girl.

I think his Rebirth costume had about the same business.

The one I find too busy is Deathstroke's blood tear line or whatever it is down the side of his mask. That looks like it's hard to replicate consistently
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-14-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

On the bright side, this should (temporarily) end the “is that Damian or Tim?!?” talk in double page spreads.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    That costume is awful. Nice to see Tad and Lady Vic in action, but this'll be a pass for me.
    I'm really not into characters getting hand-me-down villains instead of having their own developed for them. Also, I feel like Tad should have been a kind of one-off, anyway. Too much a loser to be an on-going. Vic, though, is certainly worth re-using.

After learning of the deadly League of Lazarus tournament, Damian Wayne has a new mission: to win the tournament and prove he is the greatest fighter in the DC Universe! But first he must find the secret island where the tournament is being held!
    Not a concept I'm into. Doesn't indicate Damian is the place I want him to be in in this series (which isn't shocking given the past year's events). Mortal Kombat, but with vastly lower stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't think grey is a good choice, I think they should've gone with white if they're avoiding green, but they're doing the American Robin color. So grey it is.

I don't see what's so ugly or busy about it. It's pretty standard complexity for My Hero Academia style. Same with the new girl.

I think his Rebirth costume had about the same business.

The one I find too busy is Deathstroke's blood tear line or whatever it is down the side of his mask. That looks like it's hard to replicate consistently
    Isn't that tear the outline of ravager only ?

Also, the top of the torso is way too busy with the smoking-like part, the collar and what not, which simply clash aesthically with the more streamlined, battle-ready look of the rest of the costume.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Isn't that tear the outline of ravager only ?

Also, the top of the torso is way too busy with the smoking-like part, the collar and what not, which simply clash aesthically with the more streamlined, battle-ready look of the rest of the costume.
    Oh it is Ravager's outline.

Oh yeah that cape and collar should be just one part.

I thought it was one part in the first pic.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-14-2021 at 07:31 AM.

I mean I personally like the new suit, I wasn’t exactly feeling the league of assassin white suit personally. I like the color scheme and it’s nice to see Damian put his own touch on the suit.

Plus after 100 issues on Flash and with Wally in Speed Metal, Williamson has earned my trust to write Damian.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Urgh. Robin, again ?

Damian's officialy became one of the worthless characters ever.

Plus this suit is absolutely ugly... A dowgrade even to his former Robin suit in so many ways...
    They wouldn't resurrect him if DC thought he was worthless.