Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't think grey is a good choice, it's drab. I think they should've gone with white if they're avoiding green or red breast, but they're doing the American Robin color. So grey it is I guess.

I don't see what's so ugly or busy about it. It's pretty standard complexity for My Hero Academia style. Same with the new girl.

I think his Rebirth costume had about the same business.

The one I find too busy is Deathstroke's blood tear line or whatever it is down the side of his mask. That looks like it's hard to replicate consistently
    The collar doesn't work with the cape. Then there are like 4 different colors, multiple patterns and needless details, plus the Robin R, a D in the belt...
    Way too many elements that don't form a cohesive design.
    Seems like they wanted to incorporate everything from past costumes at the same time and it ends up being a mess.

That costume is terrible. Quite possibly beating out New 52 Dick's and current Tim's for the worst ever. And I still don't like them tying Damian to Deathstroke when that really should be more of a Dick/Titans thing that I saw promise of in Future State. But Williamson is a solid writer and that artist looks like an awesome fit.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

The costume seems nice. I like the color scheme and overall design.
    The concept is...okay I guess. It’s not reinventing the wheel or anything but it’s better than some of convoluted plots I’ve had to deal w. in the past.

As someone who’s never really had a lot of interest in Damian until recently (his time as Titans leader), I’m gonna give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    They wouldn't resurrect him if DC thought he was worthless.
    Yes, he is worthless now.

There was no worst outcome than making him Robin again, because it takes the moment that poor boy finally decides to take his life into his own hands, ditching his father's control like he had his mother's long ago, to finally carve his own place in the world, and turns it into "Damian's an immature little brat".

It is now impossible to take anything he does or says seriously, because we know the length he can go to to throw a fit and nonetheless return to the very thing he said he never wanted again.

You don't get out of Batman's shadow by calling yourself Robin. You don't get out of Batman's shadow after having tore down the R from your chest only to put it back a few weeks later "but in red so it's totally different".

You don't get out of Batman's shadow by going to a tournament or whatever and saying, "Hi, i'm Robin, you know, the second half of the Dynamic Duo, Batman and Robin!"

It's just terrible and it ruins a fantastic character, one of my all time favs in DC comics' stable.

Of course, it already started with Jon, the way he was turned into a pathetic joke of himself in all the versions of Supersons which exist and then relied on some external person to be his moral compass. But at least in Teen Titans he was still Damian, he still did what HE deemed best to make the world better, even if it was meant to blow in his face.

he made mistakes, it hurt him bad but he never wavered from his belief that he could make the world better, and that his father's way had failed.

And he owned it, to his father. He told Batman that he was done with being his toy like he had been his mother's.

And now he gleefully get back at it. And I'm willing to bet that his motivation will be "I'll show Dad I'm the best Robin ever" or some other terrible idea like that.

That's just infuriating and saddening to me.

Astonishing Member

I wonder how long it will last, hope for long run.
    Anyway, it's not surprising, that he keeps Robin mantle. It can be weird because of storyline and this description
    Now that Damian Wayne has severed his ties to both Batman and the Teen Titans, he’ll be emerging from under their shadows to forge his own path
    but I clearly understand why they're doing that. Just like they're doing the same with Tim, even worse.
    My bet his true goal with this tournament is get to Lazarus Pit to ressurect Alfred.

I like this. The new costume os going to take some getting used to and where is the hood. DC has this pattern of messing up even their good ideas

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The collar doesn't work with the cape. Then there are like 4 different colors, multiple patterns and needless details, plus the Robin R, a D in the belt...
    Way too many elements that don't form a cohesive design.
    Seems like they wanted to incorporate everything from past costumes at the same time and it ends up being a mess.
    I don't know about the popped collar, I think it looks fine, it's adding a hood on top of it, like in the second picture, that makes it busy. It's should be either the popped collar like in the first pic or a hood like his usual costume, but not both.

The... what do you call it... not vest, but the Santa's elf collar thingy (is that what you mean by collar?) and the cape that should be one piece instead of two.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yes, he is worthless now.

There was no worst outcome than making him Robin again, because it takes the moment that poor boy finally decides to take his life into his own hands, ditching his father's control like he had his mother's long ago, to finally carve his own place in the world, and turns it into "Damian's an immature little brat".

It is now impossible to take anything he does or says seriously, because we know the length he can go to to throw a fit and nonetheless return to the very thing he said he never wanted again.

You don't get out of Batman's shadow by calling yourself Robin. You don't get out of Batman's shadow after having tore down the R from your chest only to put it back a few weeks later "but in red so it's totally different".

You don't get out of Batman's shadow by going to a tournament or whatever and saying, "Hi, i'm Robin, you know, the second half of the Dynamic Duo, Batman and Robin!"

It's just terrible and it ruins a fantastic character, one of my all time favs in DC comics' stable.

Of course, it already started with Jon, the way he was turned into a pathetic joke of himself in all the versions of Supersons which exist and then relied on some external person to be his moral compass. But at least in Teen Titans he was still Damian, he still did what HE deemed best to make the world better, even if it was meant to blow in his face.

he made mistakes, it hurt him bad but he never wavered from his belief that he could make the world better, and that his father's way had failed.

And he owned it, to his father. He told Batman that he was done with being his toy like he had been his mother's.

And now he gleefully get back at it. And I'm willing to bet that his motivation will be "I'll show Dad I'm the best Robin ever" or some other terrible idea like that.

That's just infuriating and saddening to me.
    He is worthless to you and in that case bye
    MK Robin gonna be a blast

So Damian going to fighting tournament on an island. Mortal Kombat, much?

I fucking love this. Williamson is a writer I trust so even if Damian hadn't gone back to being Robin, I think he would have been okay. But I'm glad that ended up not being the case. The kid's always been pretty independent anyway but I still think he's got some growing up to do (not just physically) before he's really ready to give up the mantle.

Not too psyched to see Deathstroke playing a part but, given the premise, I suppose it makes sense. Honestly, I'm more excited to see that Rose is gonna be there. She and Damian were good together back in Johns' Teen Titans run.

As for the costume, I love that too. Up until this point I always thought Tim was the one who got the best Robin costumes. But this blows all of his out of the water.

to win the tournament and prove he is the greatest fighter in the DC Universe!
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh kid, I love you. Love the confidence. But there are a few fighters who I'm pretty sure you're not winning against. And they probably won't even be in this tournament. In fact...Didn't you have some recent losses to both Jason and Flashpoint Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He is worthless to you and in that case bye
    MK Robin gonna be a blast
    Eh. I can't even be mad. I know the pain of having a character you love being taken in a direction that you absolutely hate. As a Jon fan, dude has my sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    My bet his true goal with this tournament is get to Lazarus Pit to ressurect Alfred.
    I think you are onto something here.

I bet the prize for winning the league of Lazarus is bringing someone you love back from death. It would explain why many of the top fighters of DC are willing to risk it all in a tournament.

Would explain Deathstroke likely wanting to revive Grant Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I think you are onto something here.

I bet the prize for winning the league of Lazarus is bringing someone you love back from death. It would explain why many of the top fighters of DC are willing to risk it all in a tournament.

Would explain Deathstroke likely wanting to revive Grant Wilson.
    Oh my God I didn't even think about that. I knew there had to be some reason he'd enter this other than ego. Whelp...Looks like Alfred could be on his way back, folks. Didn't really mind him being dead, but sure. Given the fucked up circumstances surrounding his death, I'm cool with Damian being the one who works towards bringing him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh my God I didn't even think about that. I knew there had to be some reason he'd enter this other than ego. Whelp...Looks like Alfred could be on his way back, folks. Didn't really mind him being dead, but sure. Given the fucked up circumstances surrounding his death, I'm cool with Damian being the one who works towards bringing him back.
    It would make sense! I'd not be suprised if that ended up happening at all!

Good time to be a Damian fan!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh kid, I love you. Love the confidence. But there are a few fighters who I'm pretty sure you're not winning against. And they probably won't even be in this tournament. In fact...Didn't you have some recent losses to both Jason and Flashpoint Batman?
    Flashpoint Batman basically wiped the floor with 90% of the Bat Family fighting at the same time. Which was, simply put, BS.

Astonishing Member

I hope that Williamson doesn't try to pretend that Slade is misunderstood and did nothing wrong.

It would also kind of fit into him becoming Robin again. I remember in Tomasi’s detective comics issue recently that Damian’s not really mad at his father anymore but doesn’t want to be Robin because he’s still pretty upset and kind of messed up with what happened to Alfred. I could see him given the chance to bring Alfred back to be a good motivator to suit up again.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.