Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default 2021 Appreciation of Roy Harper

Roy Harper is my favorite character, I'd love to see him com back as Arsenal or Red Arrow single father of Lian Harper. While there are so many versions of Roy Harper which one would you like to see? While I like Arsenal, single dad a version similar to the Grayson series would be an incredible read.IMHO
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Yes, bring them back!

I'll forever hate Cry for Justice and what that story did to them. At least, AT THE VERY LEAST, Convergence: Titans gave them a happy ending.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yes, bring them back!

I'll forever hate Cry for Justice and what that story did to them. At least, AT THE VERY LEAST, Convergence: Titans gave them a happy ending.

That was the best
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Absolutely.

Here's a shoutout from the 1989 Hawk and Dove.
    Roy and Hank.jpg

Happy New Year to Roy (and Lian) .

My favorite version of Roy will always be the Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint version:

So, a couple of opinion polls (well, not actual polls, but you get my gist).

Do you like Roy being raised on Navajo reservation, Spokane reservation, or raised somewhere else? I drift towards Navajo, since that was the first version of his history (that was more than a passing reference) that I read.

Secondly, you like the tattoos or not? I go with "not" - now partially that's because I got to know him first without tattoos, but also because I'm generally not in favor of masked heroes having identifying marks (though if you like him with no secret identity, that's okay) and partially because as far I can tell (just from Google, could be wrong), Navajo don't have tribal tattoos as tradition in the way some tribes do. Not that individual people can't have tattoos and those tattoo be meaningful to them as use Navajo imagery/symbolism, of course. So, I do at least lean towards no tattoos that are visible when he is in costume.

I'm not sure if Roy really has a secret identity anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Me either. Or what the status quo will be once he's alive again (I thought he was still dead?) or if there are any reboots in the nearish future. But I like secret identities, and am stuck in the past-era of Daddy!Roy, anyway.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    So, a couple of opinion polls (well, not actual polls, but you get my gist).

Do you like Roy being raised on Navajo reservation, Spokane reservation, or raised somewhere else? I drift towards Navajo, since that was the first version of his history (that was more than a passing reference) that I read.

Secondly, you like the tattoos or not? I go with "not" - now partially that's because I got to know him first without tattoos, but also because I'm generally not in favor of masked heroes having identifying marks (though if you like him with no secret identity, that's okay) and partially because as far I can tell (just from Google, could be wrong), Navajo don't have tribal tattoos as tradition in the way some tribes do. Not that individual people can't have tattoos and those tattoo be meaningful to them as use Navajo imagery/symbolism, of course. So, I do at least lean towards no tattoos that are visible when he is in costume.
    Navajo for me as well. I don't really mind as long as it's an aspect that isn't lost.
    In regards to the tats, why not?! It's a nice little extra that doesn't hurt anything.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is the reason I would like to see join an intelligence agency like Nightwing did in Grayson personally, I think Harper sounds better than Grayson.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Astonishing Member

I'd like to see the original Titans back together -- with a better direction this time. Include Bumblebee, Mal (as Guardian or a new name), Hawk & Dove, and Lllith as supporting or recurring characters.

So what is the consensus on ditching the trucker hat when they bring Roy back?

This is the reason I would like to see join an intelligence agency like Nightwing did in Grayson personally, I think Harper sounds better than Grayson.
    After earlier sleeping with (and impregnating) an assassin (and then not catching her) while working for the government, I'm not sure I think they'd want to hire him again. It just feel like a bridge that should be burned, given his past. Then again, that's only if you're keeping his post-COIE past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm in favor of ditching it.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-15-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Ditch the hat!
    This design is cool, but the hat is just dumb.