Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Navajo it's ok
    I'm not a fan of both tattoos and hat, anyway it doesn't matter if they just bring him back along Lian.

Navajo

Don't care for the hat

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    After earlier sleeping with (and impregnating) an assassin (and then not catching her) while working for the government, I'm not sure I think they'd want to hire him again. It just feel like a bridge that should be burned, given his past. Then again, that's only if you're keeping his post-COIE past.
    He did help capture Cheshire later. I doubt that would be enough to burn any bridges with them given the type of people they frequently hire.

Incredible Member

Roy peaked as Red Arrow in the JLA. What followed, after his mutilation, was years of character assassination. He was well treated by Kevin Smith, though.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I hate the cap. It's just stupid.
    That aside, I really like the costume design.
    I would like to see him as a high ranking member of Checkmate.
    While I really loved his time in the JLA (thank you Brad Meltzer!) I think he's a better fit in a sometimes shady Government department.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I get what they're going for with the trucker hat, as a Speedy nod, but it just looks kind of silly.

Ultimate Member

No to the trucker hat. Sure, it's better than that terrible yellow tricorn thingie he had on as Green Arrow's sidekick, but it's also better than wearing a potted petunia on your head, so that's not saying much. Let that red hair fly free.

I'm fine with him having Navajo elements in his past, and also tattoos, since his past doesn't define him (and would prefer him to not come across as some sort of American Ninja/Great White Hope/Tarzan figure who is just a white dude trading on another culture's defining characteristics).

I preferred Arsenal, to Speedy or Red Arrow, when he seemed to be starting to focus on training in weapons other than just the bow, and was kind of hoping for that rebranding to be his 'Nightwing moment' where he steps out of the sidekick past and forges a new identity and style of his own, but then he kind of slid back into Red Arrow, which felt like a downgrade to me.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I like his Justice League Red Arrow look. First time I saw him is in the art by Ed Benes, and my reaction was an immediate "Who's that? He's hot"
    327067bca6066b651f98cdef1409ac80.jpg

What do you think Roy would be like if he were created today?

I think an anime show could be good for Roy.

So I was watching #YoungJustice for the ## time and it finally hit me that they treat Roy Harper better than the Comics ever have.

Roy has basically been treated more like someone with several severe personality disorders throughout his characters entire run in the Comics.
    But what Young Justice does is literally take all the different versions and allow them all to live and interact with each other by having the 2 clones with the original.

It shows more respect and depth for the character than most of the Writers that have handled him ever did and I wish I had noticed it long ago with how it elevates it in my view (and it already is one of the best Comic Book shows ever)
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Mighty Member

Glad he's back! Hopefully they'll get a Titans series rolling again.

Controversial opinion: I think it might be best to keep Roy off the Titans for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Controversial opinion: I think it might be best to keep Roy off the Titans for a while.
    Well, being involved with the Titans is like being on the Suicide Squad at this point...

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, being involved with the Titans is like being on the Suicide Squad at this point...
    Yeah but the Suicice Squad lives longer & Roy was on both teams.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Yeah but the Suicice Squad lives longer & Roy was on both teams.
    Well, there is that...