Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The story did make it clear. Did you not realise that Shoes was the narrator on the pages showing Cheshire?

That sounds right, the original Teen Titans (Dick, Wally, Roy, Donna, Garth) and Barbara Gordon should all be around 30 now. And you're right, that means Bruce has to be in his mid 40s at least.

Jace will be operating as Batman alongside Bruce, I think? Though with Jon becoming Superman and Diana in the afterlife, the whole Trinity seems to be on it's way out. Can't see that status quo remaining long term.
    Yeah Bruce has to be at least in his 40’s at the youngest, especially since Next Batman today just revealed that Katana’s hair is starting to go gray.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

The story did make it clear. Did you not realise that Shoes was the narrator on the pages showing Cheshire?
    They show Cheshire bringing Lian to a church (and rescuing her from ninjas*) but without the profile page saying she's actually Lian and Roy is her father you could just as easily assume she's an entirely different character.

*I'm wondering if maybe that scene indicates that Lian did die and Cheshire resurrected her with a Lazarus Pit? Or maybe Prometheus or Electrocutioner employed Ninjas when kidnapping Lian. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    They show Cheshire bringing Lian to a church (and rescuing her from ninjas*) but without the profile page saying she's actually Lian and Roy is her father you could just as easily assume she's an entirely different character.

*I'm wondering if maybe that scene indicates that Lian did die and Cheshire resurrected her with a Lazarus Pit? Or maybe Prometheus or Electrocutioner employed Ninjas when kidnapping Lian. We'll see.
    I just assumed that Lian didn’t die she just suffered horrible trauma of the collapsing city and it gave her amnesia.

However it happened look at it this way...she no longer died a horrible death as we feared and now she’s probably likely to join the teen titans now that she’s been trained by Catwoman.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-11-2021 at 08:54 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post

I thought it was pretty clear. Jade even called her Lotus.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I just assumed that Lian didn’t die she just suffered horrible trauma of the collapsing city and it gave her amnesia.

However it happened look at it this way...she no longer died a horrible death as we feared and now she’s probably likely to join the teen titans now that she’s been trained by Catwoman.
    That's my assumption too.

I hope Roy and Lian reunite soon.

Incredible Member

That's my assumption too.
    That's what I would have assumed too, if not for them showing Jade running from Ninjas while carrying Lian to the church.

Whatever the details are I'm glad she's alive.

I hope Roy and Lian reunite soon.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This is so random and...good? I don't know what to think right now other than Lian's alive, and a teenager, and being mentored by Catwoman of all people .

Incredible Member

How old is Lian?

Extraordinary Member

That sounds right, the original Teen Titans (Dick, Wally, Roy, Donna, Garth) and Barbara Gordon should all be around 30 now. And you're right, that means Bruce has to be in his mid 40s at least.

Jace will be operating as Batman alongside Bruce, I think? Though with Jon becoming Superman and Diana in the afterlife, the whole Trinity seems to be on it's way out. Can't see that status quo remaining long term.
    Thank god Diddo is out he stopped generations from moving forward when they should have

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    How old is Lian?
    I would say about 15 maybe 16. Here's her next to Catwoman if that helps.

Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

So uhh if Lians a teenager now how many years ago in universe does that mean Cry for Justice took place, hell how old is Roy even supposed to be now?

Wasn't Damian supposed to have been age accelerated somehow in New 52, to explain how he could be 10 years old when in a five year timeline Bruce couldn't have met Talia that long ago? The timeline stretching back out to 15 years or more means that's no longer necessary for him (despite him now being aged up to 14), but maybe Lian's been aged up the same way? Otherwise, there's no way Lian should be older than 10.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    There you go.
    It's funny retroactively looking back at this forum, seeing people doubting we'll get Lian back. I hope you're enjoying that humble-brag John Venus because you deserve it!

As for how old is this Lian is supposed to be, we'll need more information. That image in an earlier post does make it seem as if she's a teenager, but I think she can pass off as maybe a preteen, which would make more sense to me. Artists' different interpretations of children's characters can vary from drawer to drawer, so sometimes it's hard to pinpoint their exact age. Narratively, I do think the writer was presenting her as a teen, though now that we know it is supposed to be Lian, I wouldn't be surprised that they started portraying her younger. Even though I know Roy was supposed to have her when he was a teenager, I'm just having a hard time believing him to be old enough to have a teenage kid given how he is portrayed now (which I presume is his mid-to-late 20s). Unless they have a Speed Force-level excuse, like how Wally being a father to fully grown kids even though he was the same age as Dick and the others, it's hard for me to fully believe Lian as a full-on teen. Maybe 13, though I think it would just be easier to have her be a pre-teen at that point.

On the other hand, this can also be a sign that DC is now more willing to have their characters be more appropriate ages. Rather than the original sidekick generation (Dick, Donna, Roy, etc...) being stuck in their 20s, DC may be willing to have them be in their 30s instead. Now Tim Drake's generation of heroes can enter their 20s finally, and have the current teens be teenagers for a long time.

Why do the Arrow Family keep popping up in Bat-Books?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I suppose they could show up in all those Arrow books... Oh wait.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The same reason bat characters kept showing up in Arrow