Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why do the Arrow Family keep popping up in Bat-Books?
    My assumption is that because Bat-Books are more likely to sell? (Wouldn't be surprised if Catwoman #25 becomes more desirable rise because of this)

On that note, that 80th Anniversary Green Arrow Special has become a lot more interesting. It's possible that 80th Anniversary Special could end up just being a series of continuity-lite stories, just simple and fun little stories like past anniversary specials have been. However, there's now the potential of two different reunions for that special. We can potentially get an Oliver/Conner reunion, and/or maybe a Roy/Lain reunion.

I'm just mostly theorizing on that though, not really betting on it actually happening given where the current Catwoman, Infinite Frontier, and Robin storylines are at the moment. But I think it would be a smart decision for DC if they did that; why have so much focus on the Green Arrow cast these last few months if there wouldn't be a pay-off in a comic called Green Arrow? Another, another theory, Checkmate could actually secretly be a Green Arrow-esque book, and that's where we'll start seeing a lot of the pay-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Was people saying Lian's dead a mandela effect thing or did DC just reveal this?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

There was speculation that Lian was coming back as Shoes. Roy's flashback seemingly squashed that but now we get this.

Why do the Arrow Family keep popping up in Bat-Books?
    Green Arrow started off as a Batman rip off anyway.

They've always had shared enemies and swapped characters all the time.

Spectacular Member

I've honestly never been this excited for the Green Arrow extended cast since probably Lemire's run on the main title. I hold nothing against the other writers, editors, and artists that have worked on Ollie, Roy, and the others post-Lemire, but these recent months have really made not having a main Green Arrow book more painful. With that said, when they do relaunch Green Arrow, I would want it to come out of all this build-up. With Roy's resurrection, along with the return of Conner and Lian, there has to be a pay-off with all these plot points that DC has been laying out since Infinite Frontier.

I don't know when we will see the Green Arrow family reunite, given how scattershot all the characters are. Not only are the Green Arrow cast in different books, but there are also under different editorial umbrellas. Conner and Lian are in the bat books, GA and CB are with JL and Checkmate, and Emiko I think was still in the Teen Titans last I checked. I don't know what kind of correlation DC has with all these titles if there was any correlation at all. I would hope there's a greater purpose with the return of Roy, Conner, and Lian around the same time, though for all I know it could all be coincidental and these decisions were made by the individual writers.

Currently, I'm dying for a Roy and Lian reunion, but I got a feeling we won't be seeing that for a while longer. Even if we presume to wait until Infinite Frontier ends in December, I think Roy would be heading down his own path (I subscribe to the speculation that he'll join Checkmate), which would take him further away from having that reunion with Lian. I think the Catwoman title will center more on Lian's relationship with Chesire, which is cool, yet it's her potential relationship with Roy that I, personally, find more fascinating. Roy had really suffered from losing Lian - he lost his arm, his hometown, got back into drugs, and went really tumbling down. While a lot of that ended up not being canon for a time, it was still a major turning point for the character's history. This doesn't mean Chesire's relationship with Lian can be interesting, it certainly can be given the current circumstances, but it would definitely be more cathartic with Lian and Roy given how much the latter had truly suffered.

Ultimate Member

How old is Lian supposed to be in Catwoman>?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    There was speculation that Lian was coming back as Shoes. Roy's flashback seemingly squashed that but now we get this.

Green Arrow started off as a Batman rip off anyway.

They've always had shared enemies and swapped characters all the time.
    Perhaps, but I'm not sure if reinforcing that idea does them any good in the long run.

A good thing about Lian being trained by Catwoman is that she won't be the 100th member of the Green Arrow family with a Bow and Arrow.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

A good thing about Lian being trained by Catwoman is that she won't be the 100th member of the Green Arrow family with a Bow and Arrow.
    And she's styling herself after her mom, too.

And she's styling herself after her mom, too.
    Yes, although she was the cutest thing dressed as speedy.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, although she was the cutest thing dressed as speedy.

If we need another arrow girl I guess Deadshots daughter liveshot is somewhere

Spectacular Member

I understand why DC chose to have Lian follow her mother's footsteps more so than Roy's, as it does make sense within the context of the story. Not only that, she wouldn't get lost among the many different arrow-based heroes. But it is a little sad that her superhero identity has nothing to do with Roy's, especially given Roy was the one raising her for most of her young life. It really adds to the tragedy of this whole situation, particularly now because Lian doesn't know who her parents are and grew up thinking she's an orphan and the fact that Roy doesn't even think she's alive anymore. Double the fact that no one knows Roy is still alive as well.

On that note, someone on Twitter pointed this out to me, but while Lian's superhero identity takes very little from Roy (if any at all), her civilian style takes major inspirations. She has tattoos and even wears a red truck hat just like Roy. It's small touches like that, that make it going back to those comics really worthwhile.

Her Cheshire Cat mask was something left for her by Cheshire, so I wonder if the cap was also among the belonging Lian had when left behind, and the hat actually WAS Roy's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If we need another arrow girl I guess Deadshots daughter liveshot is somewhere
    Yeah, true, that girl's pretty much a Kate Bishop expy.
    Aren't the only ones who aren't archers Dinah (a meta) and Diggle (who uses guns)? Though the others could diversify. Connor uses martial arts as well as archery. In Arrow, Thea learned to use a sword, they could have her counterpart Mia Dearden do likewise. Roy is called Arsenal for a reason, he's proficient in other weapons beyond just bows. Which leaves Oliver and Emiko as the pure archers.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-12-2021 at 12:57 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Her Cheshire Cat mask was something left for her by Cheshire, so I wonder if the cap was also among the belonging Lian had when left behind, and the hat actually WAS Roy's?
    Was the mask left for her by Cheshire? I assumed she made that mask she wears herself, basing it off the memories she had of the mask as a child.

It would be cute if that red hat is Roy's, but I just think her wearing it was just to show they have similar taste in hats. It's kind of funny that the New 52 made Roy wearing a red trucker hat his thing when I don't know if it was pre-Flashpoint. I'm pretty sure he has worn a red cap before, it just wasn't his thing until like New 52. I just find it funny, and now his daughter is wearing them, passing on this tradition that didn't really exist while she was alive pre-Flashpoint. I could be misremembering though, and Roy may have always been a red hat guy. Someone correct me if that's the case.

EDIT: Just looked through some New 52 images of Roy, and I feel like I had a Mandela effect or something because he actually wears a black hat. Not a red one, at least not always. Sometimes it would be red, but a lot of times it's black.
    Last edited by transformers03; 05-12-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Perhaps, but I'm not sure if reinforcing that idea does them any good in the long run.
    We had a whole tv show that turned Arrow into Batman-lite. Prior to that, I believed GA as Batman rip off was well in the rear view mirror of history.

I think this is part of them slimming down their line up, by incorporating less popular characters into more popular characters book so they can build up some steam before launching them in their own books. I think there will be a new Green Arrow or Arrow Family book in the next couple of year or so. They need time to straight out every one's histories.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We had a whole tv show that turned Arrow into Batman-lite. Prior to that, I believed GA as Batman rip off was well in the rear view mirror of history.

I think this is part of them slimming down their line up, by incorporating less popular characters into more popular characters book so they can build up some steam before launching them in their own books. I think there will be a new Green Arrow or Arrow Family book in the next couple of year or so. They need time to straight out every one's histories.
    With all these recent returns for the Arrow family, with Roy's resurrection and the return of Connor and Lian, I really want an Arrow team book featuring the whole cast. Ollie, Dinah, Roy, Mia, Emiko, Connor, and Lian. I don't know what they'll call it (Team Arrow, Arrow Knights, just Green Arrow?), but that's what I'm hoping they're leading up with. I'm very curious if the 80th Anniversary special will center on any of the recent in-continuity stuff, and if the eventual Green Arrow ongoing will follow up on that. On that note, I'm hoping the special will at least have stories featuring everyone from Team Arrow.

I agree that Team Arrow is probably too big for just one book, but I think Green Arrow won't be able to sustain itself for more than one ongoing. With that said, DC has been doing limited series more often now, so I could see a main Green Arrow book, which would star Ollie and several members of the cast, and a spin-off limited series. My favorite idea for a Spin-off mini-series would be one staring Roy and/or his family like Lian and Chesire. A Connor Hawke miniseries would also pretty cool too, possibly spinning out of the Robin ongoing.