Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Same way they bring back every other dead characters; resurrection, time travel, clones, fake death or alternate universe.

Though if they want to preserve the impact of Lian's death* while still giving Roy a kid, they could just say Cheshire had another kid with Roy or Roy adopts the kid that Cheshire had with Thomas Blake/Catman.

*Though this is one death where I think it's wholly unnecessary.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Same way they bring back every other dead characters; resurrection, time travel, clones, fake death or alternate universe.

Though if they want to preserve the impact of Lian's death* while still giving Roy a kid, they could just say Cheshire had another kid with Roy or Roy adopts the kid that Cheshire had with Thomas Blake/Catman.

*Though this is one death where I think it's wholly unnecessary.
    I want Lian back, not a replacement for her. And it sucks that instead of just having her back they need to find a way to rehash the convergence plot or something else. IF they intend to fix this thing at all and bring her back to life anytime soon, which I doubt.

Nice to be able to read something with Roy in it again.

I have to concur with the general consensus, I like Lian alive as well.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I just read the IF secret files issue for Roy harper, and needless to say, I am very very unhappy they brought Lian back in to continuity only to keep her dead. They apparently changed the manner of her death to having been killed by the Electrocutioner instead of Prometheus, but unless this leads into a twist where she's actually still alive it doesn't matter. She should just be brought back to life and for some reason they refuse to do it.
    Maybe a curveball and have Cheshire caring for her in secret??

It strikes me as boneheaded to not right two wrongs at the same time. If you're bringing Roy back, bring back Lian as well!!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

(spit take for clarification)
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

It's a pretty weird way to reveal it, to be honest.

Incredible Member

Well, what do you know. I'm very pleasantly surprised. Now guess we're just waiting for her to get her memories back and for Roy and her to reunite.

Wrong first appearance. That's when she first appeared as Shoes - but now that we know it's Lian, it should say New Teen Titans vol 2 #21 instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wrong first appearance. That's when she first appeared as Shoes - but now that we know it's Lian, it should say New Teen Titans vol 2 #21 instead.
    Basically, it's different version of a character, they even changed the way she died. So, in some way it was indeed her first appearance there.

I will say we are definitely getting a lot of Bat and Arrow family crossover lately, I mean Conner over with Damian and now Lian with Catwoman.

Also that is pretty mean of Jade to hide Lian from Roy and then go with Roy to Lian's funeral as seen in Secret Files. I know she probably meant well to protect Lian after what happened but still that is effectively cruel to Roy.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Wait how old is roy then ?
    So the current titans must be closer to 30 then 20 now. Roy met Cheshire at 19.

Since characters are getting older like Damian I’m fine with that but bruce is finally getting up their, Mabey jace will be Robin sooner then we thought lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Basically, it's different version of a character, they even changed the way she died. So, in some way it was indeed her first appearance there.
    But Cass's first appearance in the profile section still lists her first appearance as Batman #567(1999), not Batman and Robin Eternal. Same for everybody else, with their first appearances being listed as their actual first appearances, not their first appearances in the current continuity, so it's still an inconsistent error, even if Shoes is a heavily revamped Lian. It's not exactly a big deal, just a nitpick.

It's a bit odd that the bombshell got dropped in the profile page only. You think they could have found some way to get that across in the story. But in any case I'm glad they clarified Shoes is Lian and that Lian's alive.

The story did make it clear. Did you not realise that Shoes was the narrator on the pages showing Cheshire?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Wait how old is roy then ?
    So the current titans must be closer to 30 then 20 now. Roy met Cheshire at 19.

Since characters are getting older like Damian I’m fine with that but bruce is finally getting up their, Mabey jace will be Robin sooner then we thought lol
    That sounds right, the original Teen Titans (Dick, Wally, Roy, Donna, Garth) and Barbara Gordon should all be around 30 now. And you're right, that means Bruce has to be in his mid 40s at least.

Jace will be operating as Batman alongside Bruce, I think? Though with Jon becoming Superman and Diana in the afterlife, the whole Trinity seems to be on it's way out. Can't see that status quo remaining long term.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-11-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman