Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Here’s some of the panels, hopefully the quality is acceptable.

edit: Images aren't working for me, here is a reddit Link

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...worst_bits_of/
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-02-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So everything happened but not the way we saw them published?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So everything happened but not the way we saw them published?
    I guess with some cosmetic differences.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Why would they not have Lian back as well?? Seems like a needless omission to me.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

I just read the IF secret files issue for Roy harper, and needless to say, I am very very unhappy they brought Lian back in to continuity only to keep her dead. They apparently changed the manner of her death to having been killed by the Electrocutioner instead of Prometheus, but unless this leads into a twist where she's actually still alive it doesn't matter. She should just be brought back to life and for some reason they refuse to do it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I just read the IF secret files issue for Roy harper, and needless to say, I am very very unhappy they brought Lian back in to continuity only to keep her dead. They apparently changed the manner of her death to having been killed by the Electrocutioner instead of Prometheus, but unless this leads into a twist where she's actually still alive it doesn't matter. She should just be brought back to life and for some reason they refuse to do it.
    I suspect the refusal likely hails from either an “Anti-aging” bias that fears Roy having a kid makes Ollie look old, or OT’s just a thing where company members don’t care about Lian and consider her a burden.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Wait, was t it Prometheus’ plan but electrocutioner was like his henchmen who set off the bomb in Star city? Because I remember pre-Flashpoint that Roy went after and I think even killed him, but that’s probably because Oliver killed Prometheus.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I suspect the refusal likely hails from either an “Anti-aging” bias that fears Roy having a kid makes Ollie look old, or OT’s just a thing where company members don’t care about Lian and consider her a burden.
    Franky I don't care what their logic is. I want her back and alive. I was more able to tolerate her not existing in the New 52 because all it would take at most woud to have Roy and Cheshire sleep together. Bringing her back but keeping her dead is like a slap in the face. They can still retcon or bring her back to life like they did in convergence, but her being dead is an additional barrier to bringing her back that just pisses me off and is making me question whether I still want to give them a chance.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

The big mistake was committed years ago. They had the chance to revert it now and spectacularly missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Does Emiko still exist? Because I'm pretty sure having a sister around Damian's age makes Oliver look just as old.

Lian is definitely coming back.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Something really weird in these pages is Red Robin showed in the Teen Titans flashback. There are clearly two "R" on the chest of this Robin.
    I don't like when Dick is depicted without pixies boots in flashbacks, giving him the "RR" is a greater mistake. Taking for granted that this is Dick and not Tim.

Incredible Member

Lian is definitely coming back.
    I wish I had as much faith or hope as you do, but experience has made me jaded and distrustful by nature. It comes easier to assume the worst possible scenario. If she DOES get brought someway, back it may go a long way to restore my hope and faith, but right now my eyes are too clouded to see things being fixed.

I don't have *that* much hope but with most of the top brass at DC who masterminded the awful event that got Lian killed getting canned and with more 90's and early 00's DC fans taking up reigns, the chances of Lian coming back is better than it was a few years ago.

Incredible Member

I don't have *that* much hope but with most of the top brass at DC who masterminded the awful event that got Lian killed getting canned and with more 90's and early 00's DC fans taking up reigns, the chances of Lian coming back is better than it was a few years ago.
    I don't see any point in them making her deceased, only to bring her back later, when they could just acknowledged Convergence Titans happened or just ignore CFJ altegether (after all, Roy has his arm). They could say she's been being taken care of by Mia Dearden, who's also been misding since the New 52, or some other friends of the family. They could just continue withthat official stance that Lian hasn't been born in the New 52/Rebirth continuity(in which case I'd just keep demanding they retconbthat Roy and Cheshire had an affair, that Lian exists, and the give Roy custody of Lian or they have Roy and Cheshire hook up however briefly so they can have Lian.). Them bringing her back only to make her being dead again feels like a insult and they saying they don't want Lian back and they're setting up barriers to prevent that. So I don't really expect them to be planning on bringing her back or have any hope for right now. I don't even know how'd they bring her back at this point or how soon it should be expected. This thing really frustrates and infuriates me.