BANNED

Default Who'd Win In A Fight: Orion vs Arthur

No Boom Tubes Or Teleportation

Threads like this are supposed to be created in the battle board forum for versus match discussion. At least that's how things were when I used to be a regular user on Comicvine. But to answer your topic, I can't see Orion losing. He's physically on par with Superman, Black Adam and Darkseid, the Astro Force has a ridiculous level of power and versatility and I think during a JLA/Titans crossover, Orion's Astro Force blasts on a moon sized object in outer space were causing global quakes on Earth. So I really don't see how Arthur can compare to that level of raw power.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

New God of war versus King of Atlantis?
    Arthur is a lot tougher than most readers give him credit for, but there's no way to beats Orion!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    New God of war versus King of Atlantis?
    Arthur is a lot tougher than most readers give him credit for, but there's no way to beats Orion!
    This.

Orion is one of the strongest, toughest beings in all of reality; a god who exists above and beyond the physical multiverse. Aquaman is a badass, but he's not on that level.

It's kind of like having your heavyweight boxing champion fight a tank.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Arthur is cool. Arthur is awesome. Arthur is powerful. But Orion's strength rivals beings like Martian Manhunter and he can give Supes, Wondy, or Cap a run for their money. Arthur is not on that tier at standard.

Then again, in a Continuity Schmontinuity world, literally anything can happen. Sooooooooooooo...whatevs

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This.

Orion is one of the strongest, toughest beings in all of reality; a god who exists above and beyond the physical multiverse. Aquaman is a badass, but he's not on that level.

It's kind of like having your heavyweight boxing champion fight a tank.
    Wildcat could beat a tank, bro.

I adore Arthur. There's no way he wins outside of his telepathy somehow affecting Orion and shutting him down. At best, the trident lets him get a good hit in. He refuses to go down for a bit and earns Orion's respect. And then he's put down.

Pre-New 52, It should be Orion. Given his feats and taking an average of their portrayals, this isn't much of a debate.

Things might have shifted in the current continuity. I don't know where Orion stands in DC Universe these days. I think he popped in Wonder Woman a few years ago, and I recall him appearing in the Justice League Odyssey book. Given those showings and Aquaman's strength increase over the last decade. I guess you could argue for Arthur in current continuity.

This question probably needs to be revisited once DC's current continuity is clearer.

tl;dr: historically, it's Orion if you take most incarnations, before 2011. Post-2011, I'm not sure.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Wildcat could beat a tank, bro.

I adore Arthur. There's no way he wins outside of his telepathy somehow affecting Orion and shutting him down. At best, the trident lets him get a good hit in. He refuses to go down for a bit and earns Orion's respect. And then he's put down.
    Which Trident though? Only Poseidon's could give him an equalizer as it is a weapon of the Old Gods

isn't orion on the same power level as darkseid?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Gotta go with Orion, but wouldn't be against a one-off where Arthur gets the upper hand on his turf via some Atlantean trident/magic trick.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Which Trident though? Only Poseidon's could give him an equalizer as it is a weapon of the Old Gods
    Poseidon's, yeah. Arthur never uses another one unless the plot requires he get a power up and then suddenly he wasn't using it. Because for some reason Arthur goes out to fight threats with all the good stuff at home. Gotta keep it in mint condition, I guess?