Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It was a fun story, but very wordy and low on action. Still can't go wrong with Scooby and Batman. Art was nice and clean too.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Anyone read the first issue yet?
    Just picked it up yesterday, but didn't read it yet.
    Not familiar with Ivan Cohen as a writer, but next issue we get a Sholly Fisch-written story.

Astonishing Member

Checked out the first couple of issues and...what a blast!

This is the most sheer unadulterated fun I've had reading a comic-book in a while

The writers did a great job seamlessly melding the worlds of Batman and Scooby Doo, while finding a way to stay true to the spirit of both sets of characters. I actually think this is one of the most well-balanced incarnations of Batman I've read in a while - a great cross between a more noir-ish TAS-style Batman and the Batman from the 70's cartoons who originally teamed up with the Mystery Inc gang.

There were moments of humor and levity throughout, but also an interesting time-travel mystery and a heartfelt message at the end.

And above all, this story really was a love-letter to the Batman mythos, particularly the Golden Age and Silver Age Batman mythos, with some deep-cuts I really did not expect in a Scooby-Doo team-up of all places!

spoilers:
    For those skeptical of the idea of Batman co-existing with Scooby Doo, the ending really does a great job convincing you of the premise of this series. It may seem heretical to Batman purists to suggest that meeting Shaggy, Scooby and Velma is what subconsciously inspired Batman to take on Robin, Batgirl and Ace, the Bat-hound, as his partners, but in the context of this particular universe, it made perfect sense, and is actually a pretty beautiful notion!
    end of spoilers

So yeah, hoping this series can keep up to the standards of this stupendous opening tale. And frankly, I wish we had an ongoing Batman series set in a universe like this because I'd read the hell out of that!

Yep. Nothing overly complicated, and simple fun. And, uh, don't think too hard about how things work, just enjoy the ride.

Honestly wouldn't mind an animated ongoing series with this setup.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    . . . But I noticed it says "writers Ivan Cohen and Sholly Fisch", and from the description in the article it sounds like each will be writing separate stories. So while I would definitely trust Sholly Fisch, it remains to seen how Ivan Cohen's writing works for this.
    So far I've picked up issues #1-5, and I've found the two issues written by Sholly Fisch were entertaining while the issues written by Ivan Cohen were much more mediocre.

Bane is drawn rather nicely as well.