Mighty Member

Default Goofiest looking monster of all time? The Iron Eater.

I burst out laughing watching the 1966 The New Adventures of Superman when The Iron Eater showed up; even for Saturday morning cartoons back then, this had to be the most ridiculous looking monster ever! It was so unexpected because most of the other monsters on the show were fairly realistic enough.

What a weird coincidence, I just saw that episode yesterday as part of my "Oh God oh God DC Universe is going away, I need to watch as many old cartoons as I can" binge, and I had the same thought - "What a goofy looking monster design!" I kind of love it!

Also, stray thought: there were a lot of times when the plot of that show revolves around a rampaging alien monster which Superman creatively captures, and then safely relocates to a safe habitat on another planet. And I kinda love that.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Mighty Member

One monster who just came out of nowhere, with no explanation, was The Ice Monster (who looked more like ice cream). It even had a bomb that could have started another ice age!

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    One monster who just came out of nowhere, with no explanation, was The Ice Monster (who looked more like ice cream). It even had a bomb that could have started another ice age!
    Any chance of posting a picture? It's awfully hard to Google Images search it with such a generic name.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaJoy View Post
    Any chance of posting a picture? It's awfully hard to Google Images search it with such a generic name.
    I can't post any pictures at this time, but type in "The abominable iceman super friends wiki" and you can see it. The episode is partly avaible on youtbe as well. Good luck!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I burst out laughing watching the 1966 The New Adventures of Superman when The Iron Eater showed up; even for Saturday morning cartoons back then, this had to be the most ridiculous looking monster ever! It was so unexpected because most of the other monsters on the show were fairly realistic enough.
    Sounds like a D&D rust monster, what's the difference?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    Alright, who left the door to the Hanna-Barbera universe open again?
    I regret nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    Alright, who left the door to the Hanna-Barbera universe open again?
    I think it was E. Nelson Bridwell, haha! If you read old issues of Super-Friends, it's pretty clear that they're meant to be in the main DCU; they make references to other ongoing titles and stuff, even though the stories can be a bit sillier!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."