Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Any review which doesn’t mention JK and her (lack of) connection to the game is at least more objective and hopefully judging it by it’s own merits and flaws. Honestly the only issues I have heard are some occasional glitches and not being as pretty as expected in some cases. The 8’s and 9’s do seem rewarded overall.

Honestly these days though you kind of have to decide for yourself. The entire review industry is increasingly bias and has agendas one way or another.

It’s a solid game. Hogwarts is impressive, the spell combat is engaging, the customization is great with a transmog system there at launch. Story is decent, and theres plenty to do. But the open world elements are pretty standard and it’s missions can get repetitive.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Is there a sorting hat mechanic?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s a solid game. Hogwarts is impressive, the spell combat is engaging, the customization is great with a transmog system there at launch. Story is decent, and theres plenty to do. But the open world elements are pretty standard and it’s missions can get repetitive.
    Thanks.

Might give a try sometime down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Is there a sorting hat mechanic?
    A simple one. Asks you some basic questions and will then suggest your house, but you can pick your house if you don't like what the hat picked.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-14-2023 at 06:32 PM.

If you have any passing knowledge of the houses you can get it to suggest whichever house you want anyway

I'm a little bumbed that the switch port doesn't come out until July, it looks pretty cool.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This game is the biggest global launch in WB Games ever for EB games

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...er-Bros.-Games

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If anyone doesn't remember 2 years ago once AT&T began their cost cutting moves ...one idea was to sell WB Games division.

Lucky for Warner Bros Discovery someone there convinced them that the games division had to be kept.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So beat the game and did a lot of the field guide stuff(100%ed the challenges at least) and have had a few games to reflect on it, overall its a fantastic game especially considering how ambitious it was for the studio

Positives: Combat is smooth and your magic is a fun toybox stuffed with variety
    Exploration is fantastic, the world is big and full of stuff to find and things to do, movements good, the fast travel is good, the flying mounts and broom travel are great
    the cast/characters are really good
    story is decent enough and anything involving the school itself is really good
    the Transmog system is great
    the room of requirement is well done and the creature habitats in particular are really good

Negatives: Past a certain point it feels like the school stuff just runs out and you spend most of your time outside of Hogwarts and that's a huge loss to the immersion
    Some of the cut content is a real let down, some class mates are noticeably lacking and you can tell they had more that didn't make it to release, the cut companion system in particular is a huge case of what could have been
    some of the writing in certain scenes seems a little off or poorly done particularly in Sebastian's arc
    PC issues have become well known and while I think it's improved some in subsequent patches more could be done
    The UI is a bit lacking, only having 4 slots even for the PC version just isn't enough, and even with the extra bars unlocked via talents you'll still have to constantly swap spells in and out of them
    the Inventory system is clunky, there's no storage and you hit the limit pretty quickly constantly requiring you to either travel to a vendor or destroy items both of which are annoying, green and blue items don't really serve any purpose but to bloat up your inventory
    You can't sit down, this bugged me personally because it extends to cut scenes too

Ultimate Member

Been playing this game for a while. I must say I find it aggressively "ok" thus far.

In fact, I am somewhat disappointed. The game is quite clearly directed towards Harry Potter fans but I'm not the biggest HP fan so I don't hold this stuff with the same reverence.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-06-2023 at 12:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'll probably stick to Elden Ring.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i'm not into HP enough for full price tag but theres some cool mods im looking at for whenever it goes on sale like this teleport spell

I've been playing this for almost a week and I'm loving it so far. It's really fun.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I've been playing this for almost a week and I'm loving it so far. It's really fun.
    I can't wait till it comes out on Nintendo so I can grab it.