Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I might check it out down the road.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Simon Pegg sounded like he had a lot of fun with this, definitely looking forward to playing.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    A comedic and incompetent Headmaster related to Sirius? Neat .

Extraordinary Member

the game looks stunning

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In an update a number of sites have reviewed the game and was fair. There was one site I won't mention where the writer and site is taking some heat over a real negative review. Which was barely about the game and as one person joked... "That low a score is essentially about a broken game. One so broken you can't play."

But thus far sites have seemed to be fair on reviews of the game. I also learned its been in development since 2017 !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I didn't have this game on my radar at all but the gameplay I have seen makes me really want it. Reviews seem to look very good too. It's the technical problems that are holding it back for now but I guess with 4090 I could somewhat brute force my way through them.
    It's kinda funny that I very much longed for a new game with some good magic in them and then this and Forspoken releases though Forspoken wasn't worth the hype and after playing the demo myself it looks like the game doesn't have much to it. Unfortunate.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A comedic and incompetent Headmaster related to Sirius? Neat .
    The character is from the books. We met him (in portrait form) a couple of times.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

You want to be careful where you go online atm especially on FB since the ‘haters’ having realised that their efforts to scare and threaten people to not buy have mostly been ignored have resorted to using memes all over the place to spoil the games ending. Just a heads up.

this is the first game my 3080ti has really gotten to flex its muscles on, max settings including ray tracing, ultra wide 3440x1440 monitor, and it's running uncapped around 140 frames per second, and the results are awesome, this game looks amazing. I've only just started by so far its basically excellent in every category, graphics, gameplay, voice acting, sound track, really loving it so far

Pretty solid. Reminds me of Fable for some reason. With Bully mixed in.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-12-2023 at 04:09 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    You want to be careful where you go online atm especially on FB since the ‘haters’ having realised that their efforts to scare and threaten people to not buy have mostly been ignored have resorted to using memes all over the place to spoil the games ending. Just a heads up.
    I guess they needed to do something to derail the game as their efforts resulted in it's success lmao. Topping sales charts on Steam and PSN and being one of the most viewed games on twitch.

Ultimate Member

Anyone deep into the game? How good is it?

I’ve been a little burned out on game journalism and their terrible reviews (I’m still trying to get my head around Deathloop’s great reviews). Also, there’s a vocal contingent that have decided to pre-love the game because of transphobia in the community.

I’m looking out for unbiased reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I’ve been a little burned out on game journalism and their terrible reviews (I’m still trying to get my head around Deathloop’s great reviews). Also, there’s a vocal contingent that have decided to pre-love the game because of transphobia in the community.

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but you could check the Steam reviews. There are over 52.000 reviews and 93% have been positive. I don't think you will find a bigger sample size than that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I think the funniest part of that 1 out of 10 review was the EIC backing the review. With people laughing at this EIC for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.