Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Force #16 preview

https://www.cbr.com/x-force-krakoa-attack-preview/

My goodness do I love Cassara’s art.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The art really is gorgeous.

Always happy to see Cecilia, and like that she's utilizing her forcefield this time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/x-force-krakoa-attack-preview/

My goodness do I love Cassara’s art.
    Same brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Always happy to see Cecilia, and like that she's utilizing her forcefield this time.
    Ben Percy is correcting his mistake.

Gorgeous! Cassara should do the main book in my eyes. I think his art gives the current Krakoa era such a distinct and perfect look. Sometimes X-Men as the main title is lacking!

Looks nice.

Can someone remind me why Black Tom speaks in third person now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Looks nice.

Wasn't it a side effect of him being connected to Krakoa too much? Essentialy a loss of identity via connecting to a larger neural network for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wasn't it a side effect of him being connected to Krakoa too much? Essentialy a loss of identity via connecting to a larger neural network for too long.
    Exactly that.

I'm excited to see this book go back to being a lot of crazy fun as it was in the beggining, and I'm liking the preview. X of Swords turned out to make books like this and Marauders to have a big break that I think did not help its own pace. Excalibur and X-men, for instance, felt like XoS was a big moment for them.

I wonder if this arc will make the mutants discover some troubling things about the nature of Krakoa. I think there is a lot of potencial here.

I think this is where I drop out of x force and Wolverine
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Everytime I think about dropping this series I see some Cassara art and change my mind. Dude has quickly become one of my favorite artists.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Cassara is kicking serious ass on X-Force. He was great from the very start but lately I feel his page composition and storytelling have gone absolutely nuts, the pages are just bursting with energy and I for one can't wait to see more of him on the X-books.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I thought it was connected to his plant based secondary mutation.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I thought it was connected to his plant based secondary mutation.
    Both things are related.

Using his plant connection mutation, Black Tom is spending so much time communing with Krakoa that his mental health is deteriorating.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Both things are related.

Using his plant connection mutation, Black Tom is spending so much time communing with Krakoa that his mental health is deteriorating.
    Yeah, I figured that was the issue. But why isn’t anyone helping fix this or even show the slightest bit of concern? Especially Banshee.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Right?! Honestly Cecilia was robbed of a spot on this team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Right?! Honestly Cecilia was robbed of a spot on this team.
    In my opinion the team in general never quite matched the size and complexity that it's mission statement would require, so it's not like only Cecilia Reyes got robbed of a spot but a lot of mutants who could at least get mention as supporting actors in the backrounds too.

If X-force is really supposed to be Krakoa's answer to the Central Ingelligence Agency and the various other counter-intelligence, anti-terror, espionage, dirty tricks, etc. organizations the various nations of earth have in real life, it's actualy kind of a sad sight.

Even with super powers and advanced technology, a good spy organization should still involve a at least a hundred actors. From strategic planning, to information gathering and analysis, case investigation, recruiting, hiring and handling agents and informants, protection of assets and personal and of course strike teams.

Of course these hundreds wouldn't be required to be shown all the time, but could merely exist in the backround or be shown involved when the main team needs support for something.

Instead Krakoa has what? 7 people?
    With 2 not even capable of being fully commited either because of other responcibilities (quite council soon leading the official X-men) or because of being a notorious loner who keeps traveling the world and getting captured for months in cages or ice blocks.
    The rest are Collosus, who is suffering from PTSD, too moral for the job in general and not even a firm part of the team. Beast who is drunk on authority and doing a terrible job with said authority. Sage who does her best but is still a single person tasked with handling all informations at once (even with her computer mind she can only focus on so many things at once). Black Tom Cassidy who goes mad from being connected to Krakoa too much (and barely doing anything in general). Domino who while good at her job, should not carry that job almost alone. Quentin Quire, who is anti-authoritan, constantly bored and or distracted, unreliable and apparently the Kenny McCormic award winner of Krakoa at the moment.
    And that's it, except for Cecilia Reyes as constant guest star, doing the job she is doing rather well (providing medical knowledge and analysis).

What ever intentional by the writer or not, this problem of the organization being too small and disfunctional for it's mission statement is actualy reflected in it's track record so far.
    They failed to provide proper secruity for their nation and protect their outside supporters for too long. They get themself killed too often at the hands of 2nd or 3rd grade standard human villains. They were almost reconcible for the deaths of thousands of innocent peple at the hands of plants, which Beast modified to become lethal in order to protect economic interests (the number of deaths is now merely unknown but not a total kill of the population). They allowed another massive attack on Krakoa to happen thanks to completely missing layers of secruity regarding dangerous materials (vat grown soldiers of unknown genetic modifications). They fail to recover the body of one of their members, instead allowing Beast to do a witch hunt against people of russian nationality, just because ONE of them has a well known crazed brother he severed ties with involved in said attack.

I don't want to complain about the team and the book too much here, as many readers enjoy it and see no wrong with how the team is made up. But the more i think about it, the more the team choice and the scale of it make little sense in the face of the mission statement and the current statuos quo of the X-men characters being part of a growing nation.

This is the kind of team that X-men or Uncanny X-men would have for a year or two, not what the intelligence service of a nation should look like.

They want to expand the Nation of Krakoa to 32 million and more mutants just by bringing back and repowering the 16 mil who died on Genosha and 16 mil who lost their powers at M-day. Plus the thousands who become mutants after AvX and the millions of Arraki they might soon have to deal with.
    But the entire Intelligence Organization are 7 people who barely do any kind of feasible job.

Shouldn't have watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Atomic Blond recently i guess.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-17-2021 at 09:00 PM.