Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Any history of heroes fighting communists.

And while we're at it, let's not leave the rock gods out of this. KISS anyone? It's probably not canon, but worth a walk down memory lane all the same. I think KISS not only fought Dr. Doom, but Mephisto as well, if memory serves.
    The kiss comics are canon!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    For what it's worth, I liked Mark Millar's attempt at updating that somewhat in Marvel Knights: Spider-Man #1-12 (first published in 2004-05, when the sliding timescale would have meant that the first modern superheroes would have emerged around the downfall of the Soviet Union), replacing villains that were backed, funded, or created by the Communists with villains (secretly) backed, funded, or created by corrupt corporate/political actors to keep superheroes distracted from using their abilities in ways more constructive to society at large than just punching out costumed bad guys (that were, again, secretly on the payroll of corrupt corporate/political types).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Pretty much anything involving a historical event or having served in a war, except for Magnetos backstory
    Even Magnetos back story is dated. I mean yea they deaged him and all of that. but what about the people he knew that were the same age as him. Like Xavier? There are so many villain and heroes that should be in the old folks home by now.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I just acknowledge the fan made Franklin Richards theory to explain the sliding timeline. Basically goes that Franklin knows he's going to grow up and be the most powerful being in creation and it terrifies him and he doesn't want to grow up. So he is subconciously using his powers to make everyone age slowly as time goes on and to keep them from realizing this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wolverine getting killed at Banshee’s family castle and regenerating from a couple drops of blood.

Also Logan knowing leprechauns.

Al as o anything involving the turn of the century, like Y2K.
    When the hell did that happen?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    If Secret Wars wasn’t a reboot I don’t know what was.... we call all the crises at DC that ended universe and recreated it with differences reboots why wouldn’t we call Hickmans story a reboot!?!
    The reason for it not being a reboot is that continuity wasn't restarted from the ground up. This isn't a case where everyone started over as if it was the first night on the town. When all comics restarted they picked up where they left off with an 8 month gap to create some intrigue. In-universe it is a new universe, but continuity is identical to what it was prior.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Depends. Bruce and most of his supporting cast are immortal at this point. So they can still fight the Soviets.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm not questioning Namor's age, merely some of the surrounding elements of his story. I highly doubt just because Namor isn't around that Atlantis doesn't proceed with attacking the surface world for its transgressions. I also don't think Johnny or any kid that was a teen in 1990 or 2000 would recognize a homeless, bearded, disheveled Namor some 60 years after he was last seen in action.

There's also the small issue of Blue Marvel and Namor having their first encounter in the 1960s deep in the ocean depths of the Mariana Trench. Modern day Namor remembers that encounter. Odd, considering that Namor was supposedly inflicted with amnesia by Destiny in the 1950s. Blue Marvel and Namor met around 1962, before Blue Marvel was forcibly retired. Anyway, Namor specifically references wanting to prevent further intrusion by surface dwellers before he and the Blue Marvel trade haymakers. I imagine his political will reflected the greater sentiment of the Atlantean people. Even if Namor somehow managed to lapse back into amnesia after getting his clock cleaned by Adam, it doesn't explain why Atlantis didn't overrun the surface world with their far superior scientific and magical technology after 1962. There'd be no one around to stop them for another 40 years.

I think you'd pretty much have to delete all of Namor's past from 1959 to the modern era. That also includes his retconned adventure with Charles Xavier back in the 1950s. I'm not sure what the downstream implications of his adventure with Xavier is, but at least if you remove his encounter with Adam Brashear the world continues to spin as normal. Aside from a nice conversation between the two stalwarts, Adam's history remains mostly unchanged.
    As to the Atlanteans, what set off Namor in the first place was finding his kingdom abandoned, and assuming it was human atomic testing that destroyed them and/or scattered them across the oceans. I'll grant you it seems unlikely they'd just go aimlessly nomad without their monarch for as much as 50 years. But no less likely than a hybrid child of two radically different species that flies due to teensy wings on his ankles.

Incredible Member

Reed and Ben fighting in Korea WAS the upstate. They were originally in WWII ( Reed worked with a Nick Fury then.)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Those ROM, Godzilla and Super Robot comics ain't canon for sure.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Those ROM, Godzilla and Super Robot comics ain't canon for sure.
    They're all still canon. Hybrid still pops up every now and then.

Marvel just has to be super careful in how they allude to the characters, is all.

Yup those are all canon. Godzilla showed up in new avengers and roms human form has showed up as well as the shogun warrior pilots. Us1 driver was in avengers also some time ago and dr who has had background cameos from time to time as easter eggs.

Red ronin is still around as well.

What i want to know is where are alf, sledgehammer and meteor man at today?

Astonishing Member

Nicieza and Bagley's New Warriors run was immersed in the Vietnam War.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yup those are all canon. Godzilla showed up in new avengers and roms human form has showed up as well as the shogun warrior pilots. Us1 driver was in avengers also some time ago and dr who has had background cameos from time to time as easter eggs.

Red ronin is still around as well.

What i want to know is where are alf, sledgehammer and meteor man at today?
    ALF was never cannon and I believe the Spidey that showed up in Sledgehammer was just some random dude, not Peter Parker.