Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    ALF was never cannon and I believe the Spidey that showed up in Sledgehammer was just some random dude, not Peter Parker.
    ALF was actually in the High Evolutionary War Annual crossover (in ALF Annual #1) and did he meet and was seen fighting and/or running away from the High Evolutionary and in ALF #50, the final issue of the series, ALF blackmailed former editor-in-chief Tom DeFalco into giving him his own Marvel Universe Guide Book entry in that issue. I think DeFalco said it was ALF's involvement in the crossover was supposed to a dream of a High Evolutionary or something.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    You make a good point. The reason why Bruce was testing a gamma bomb in the first place has to do with the arms race of the era.

It's also worth noting that in the real world a nuclear test ban treaty was signed by the US, the then Soviet Union, and Great Britain in August 1963 that prohibited the testing of nuclear weapons above ground/in the atmosphere, underwater or in space. That would include a gamma bomb, if such a thing existed. Hulk got his start a year prior, so it makes sense that Stan and Jack didn't think anything of having a character get his powers via an above ground gamma bomb test.

If they're sticking with no heroes emerging until the 2000s, they'll need to tweak the Hulk's origin a tiny bit. It's as simple as making the fateful gamma test one that occurred below ground. Whether or not they still want to run with the recent twist that the One Below All played a part in Hulk's gamma origin, so be it. I'm not a fan of it, but whatever works.
    It’s almost like Marvel comics were retconned to be the MCU origins, and all the heroes memories are altered to remember their Silver Age history, for them to flashback to it.
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-16-2021 at 05:33 PM.

2 words

Thanos Copter

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    2 words

Thanos Copter
    Yeah. That's canon for sure.
    "Cable was right!"

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah. That's canon for sure.
    Oh yeah, most definitely canon.

Mighty Member

Wait, doesn't Marvel still either own or have license to use the Dire Wraiths from Rom lore? The same Dire Wraiths that were used in the Annihilators series from a few years back? Just curious.
    A Dire Wraith just appeared in Eternals #1 so...yes?

Oh yeah, most definitely canon.
    Seriously, are you guys like me and do a little 'personal retconning' too? For me Teen Tony Stark and all the crap leading up to it never happened. Is it just generally accepted but not officially stated that the Thanos Copter was just some stoned dream The Watcher had?
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Seriously, are you guys like me and do a little 'personal retconning' too? For me Teen Tony Stark and all the crap leading up to it never happened. Is it just generally accepted but not officially stated that the Thanos Copter was just some stoned dream The Watcher had?
    I'm a Blue Marvel fan, so I'm often mentally retconning something or other.

But the Thanos copter is such an awesome thing of innovative wonder. Surely, no fully formed worldly intellect would even think to create such an epic concept. We just have to keep it in continuity. Whenever the DC and Marvel villains have their big annual convention, I'm sure Darkseid uses that image to troll Thanos and remind him that he's just a knock-off of the original dark god. Do you really want to deny Darkseid this extraordinarily hilarious privilege? I don't.
    Attached Images Attached Images