Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spectacular Member

I thought he had potential, but that his potential was squandered. I actually liked some of the solutions that a superhuman with power would do- have a computer calculate which crises he should avert so that he doesn't have to spend all his time thinking about it (and feeling and dealing with all the guilt over it)- that was an interesting concept. I thought Bendis went too broad with it and it really should have been obvious to Tony and Cap that this guy was a ticking time bomb (didn't they JUST get done dealing with Wanda's craziness?!)

The Sentry was different depending on who wrote him:

Bendis Sentry- schizophrenic junkie with too much power doomed to self distruct (and take down others with him). Jenkins Sentry- troubled hero with a lot of potential trying to reconcile his dark side. The Jenkins Sentry is appealing. The Bendis Sentry needs to be put down like a mad dog.

Personally, I'd recommend the first volume, the first issue of volume 2 ONLY, Siege: Fallen Sun, and the Age of the Sentry volume.

Everything else? Pass.
    Spectre: You did this. You have done what I thought impossible. You have forced peace. The whole world. It feels....ordered. The evil is still there in people, but they're afraid to act.

Superman: They know I'm watching.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    A walking plot device. Powers so undefined he can basically do anything to fill whatever hole a writer gets himself into. The retconing him into every ones past was just beyond lame also. Truly one of the worst characters Marvel has come up with in the last 2 decades.
    Agreed & Cosignd absolutely eternally infinity & 4vr -squared & cubed multiplied by endlessness!

I thought he was very cool. Despite how awesome I thought Ares was, the way the Sentry killed him...WOW!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    The original 2000 mini-series was fun, as a one-off, self-negating bit of metacommentary with some very pretty art. Everything after that was some degree of underwhelming.
    This.

Basically, Jenkins wrote a stand-alone mini that didn't really need to work in universe wasn't supposed to be referenced there. The whole point is that everyone forgot. It was a great little story with a beginning, middle and end.

If you can find the original series (5 issues, I think?) it's a really fun idea and an enjoyable read.

Marvel decided to bring him into main continuity and from there... Yeah, badness.

The Claw of Justice!

I've found that I don't enjoy comics with the Sentry in them very often. I just don't like the character very much.