Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

a year a go we had a " who should get batman" thread and everyone said priest and taylor. Now Taylor gets a batman book and everyone is like " ermergerd more batman whatz da fuqs!!!! " this place is hilarious..

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yea, see? People are already confused ^^ a lot more people are gonna pick this up thinking it's a Dark Knight Returns spinoff
    It's a very deceptive title (and premise).

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    a year a go we had a " who should get batman" thread and everyone said priest and taylor. Now Taylor gets a batman book and everyone is like " ermergerd more batman whatz da fuqs!!!! " this place is hilarious..
    I think its just that people want to see books for other characters as well. If Taylor got Detective (or main Batman book) then there would be less complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think its just that people want to see books for other characters as well. If Taylor got Detective (or main Batman book) then there would be less complaints.
    Maybe. I love batman so I'll take as many books of batman as I can get. For me it will always be Batman >>>>Bat family.

Maybe. I love batman so I'll take as many books of batman as I can get. For me it will always be Batman >>>>Bat family.
    Ok, but the point is that there always will be Batman books, plural, but it would be nice to have something for a different audience that wants to read other characters.

With Tynion setting up Harley as Batman's "Robin" (or at least wanting to be) I honestly would expect Taylor to immediately jump on that.

Of course, if he had 'Tec, he'd probably make it a Batman and Harley book...

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yea, see? People are already confused ^^ a lot more people are gonna pick this up thinking it's a Dark Knight Returns spinoff
    It would be utterly hilarious if this actually did end up being a stealth DKR prequel. Won’t happen though, Miller would never allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With Tynion setting up Harley as Batman's "Robin" (or at least wanting to be)
    I'm sorry, but what the ****?

Astonishing Member

I'm sorry, but what the ****?
    It isn't literal.

It is a complaint, because Harley seems the second in command in Joker War.

However, I think Harley will have less relevance in Batman in the future, since Tynion wants to focus on characters he introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It isn't literal.

It is a complaint, because Harley seems the second in command in Joker War.

However, I think Harley will have less relevance in Batman in the future, since Tynion wants to focus on characters he introduced.
    Tynion said in an interview that Harley is trying to be Batman's new Robin and that she's effectively kind of Batman's partner in his run.

I hate it but that's what Tynion's trying to do.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The concern wouldn't be so dire if other beloved properties like Aquaman, Shazam, Green Arrow, Batgirl, Supergirl, Legion, JSA and a whole host more weren't MIA while Bruce gets yet another book.

Tynion said in an interview that Harley is trying to be Batman's new Robin and that she's effectively kind of Batman's partner in his run.

I hate it but that's what Tynion's trying to do.
    And why I am avoiding his run. One day Batman will be safe to read again. This ain't it. I know it's only a matter of time before Harley's a member of the Bat family proper (which she should never be) but you won't see me supporting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    And why I am avoiding his run. One day Batman will be safe to read again. This ain't it. I know it's only a matter of time before Harley's a member of the Bat family proper (which she should never be) but you won't see me supporting that.
    She's promoted enough like she is.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

She's promoted enough like she is.
    They know there's no real way the Bat family would work with her given she's had no redemption arc, but if she's Batfamily adjacent long enough they'll be able to just slide her in with minimal fuss eventually.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

They know there's no real way the Bat family would work with her given she's had no redemption arc, but if she's Batfamily adjacent long enough they'll be able to just slide her in with minimal fuss eventually.
    Corporate Synergy Ahoy!

I hate that Harley is so buddy buddy with the Bat-Family.

This is why I love Batman Beyond Return of the Joker because it really shows Harley's true self - a unabashed sociopath

The concern wouldn't be so dire if other beloved properties like Aquaman, Shazam, Green Arrow, Batgirl, Supergirl, Legion, JSA and a whole host more weren't MIA while Bruce gets yet another book.

But then Taylor might actually end up on a character I care about (ok I care about Batman but I’ve got so many options there, one bad Batman book doesn’t mean anything). If he wants to just churn out Batman books for Reddit, Rao bless him and may Batman be a containment for him forever. Batman fans even like Taylor so it’s a win-win for everyone.