Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default X-men: Disney plus series or movies?

I don't object to x-men movies but i think an x-men tv show would be preferable it would help developing characters and story further. x-men, x-men united, x-men last stand Wolverine was the protagonist, a character like scott summers had almost no character development. It's clearly they can't do story like the dark phoenix in one movie. Kevin Feige have succesful so far, he might prove me wrong

I don't trust a TV budget to capture the essences of certain X-Men like Storm or Phoenix. I'd much rather see a new animated series and MCU films.

BANNED

No thanks, unless its something on FX Legion's kind of level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I don't trust a TV budget to capture the essences of certain X-Men like Storm or Phoenix. I'd much rather see a new animated series and MCU films.
    If it a new animated series, it will suck. Disney has never done a good animation series about marvel.

TV Budget will be a big disappointment too, because like you said, they won't capture the essence of x-men. HBO Max Green Lantern will be better than any disney plus xmen show and I think HBO Green Lantern is still going to struggle a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    If it a new animated series, it will suck. Disney has never done a good animation series about marvel.

TV Budget will be a big disappointment too, because like you said, they won't capture the essence of x-men. HBO Max Green Lantern will be better than any disney plus xmen show and I think HBO Green Lantern is still going to struggle a bit.
    Wrong, Ducktales is very good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Wrong, Ducktales is very good.
    Good like Bruce Timm DC Animated good?

Yes please!!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I would love a new animated show

as for series I think that X-Factor Investigations would be their best option. And if Loki turns out as good as it looks, then I wouldn't mind for them doing an Excalibur series.
    A picture would last longer darling...

This is hard to say really. I love the experience of the theater and seeing things on the big screen, but I do agree a show would really develop a bunch of characters and not just the same 4 the foxmen movies did. I guess i'd be fine with either as long as they are well done. Budget would be a problem too, but I'd give anything a chance

I hate to say it, but regardless people will complain about it.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member

Why is it a either or question lol I think it make the most sense to do both. Introduce the main popular mutants in the movies and then expand the universe through the tv shows

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I feel like the movie would hsve a bigger budget which means the effects will look better. so its movies for me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Unless Disney folds or the MCU finally stops generating tons of money we’re going to get both. The A listers will most likely debut on the big screen and then after 2-4 years of movies we’ll get a D+ show. Heck we might even get the D+ show after year 1.

I would put animation in its own category as I wouldn’t be surprised if that actually debuted before the movies since I assume it can be done easier than filming a movie or show during this pandemic.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Exactly the way I feel.