Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 84 of 84
  1. #76
    Fantastic Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Personally, I'm a little skeptical if the X-Men will ever be really successful again. I feel like pop culture really absorbed superhero cinema to the fullest and the themes from the X-Men comics in particular are really everywhere all the time these days.

    The Magicians, Project Power, Fate: the WINX Saga, Umbrella Academy, Raising Dion, I am not ok with this, Fast Color, etc. etc. etc. All of this feels very X-Men-esque to me.

    How can a new X-Men movie or series really compete with all this material without boring anybody to death in 2023?

    also other marvel properties like Guardians of the Galaxy (which for me is basically Claremont's space X-Men) and Eternals seem to take away already a lot from what made the X-Men comics special in the first place.

    I hope I'm wrong though...
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-27-2021 at 03:43 AM.

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    They *SCREWED UP* the Mulan Live Action Film

    Mulan (2020 film) - Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org › wiki › Mulan_(2020_film)

    Mulan is a 2020 American action drama film produced by Walt Disney Pictures. It is a live-action adaptation of Disney's 1998 animated film of the same name, itself based on the Chinese folklore story, "The Ballad of Mulan

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulan_(2020_film)

    If they couldn't get this right, what makes you think they could handle anything more complex?
    Disney itself won't be directly involved with Deadpool, that's under Marvel's umbrella and there are rumours that Disney+ will be adding features for R rated content for subscribers eventually, I believe it was called "Star." The Fox content got divided up by the appropriate companies in Disney, that's why Deadpool is going to Marvel. Marvel won't be making live action content based on Predator, for example. Disney management only gets involved if the company did something really, really bad and Marvel's been a very lucrative and acclaimed addition to their corporation so they're fine on that front. Every company also makes massive mistakes, even Marvel has every so often and unlike other companies they are really, really good at learning from those mistakes and doing things other companies dream about but never could in a million years. Don't worry about it. Deadpool will be fine and Marvel's will make as many movies as they can as long as it's a viable franchise.

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Personally, I'm a little skeptical if the X-Men will ever be really successful again. I feel like pop culture really absorbed superhero cinema to the fullest and the themes from the X-Men comics in particular are really everywhere all the time these days.

    The Magicians, Project Power, Fate: the WINX Saga, Umbrella Academy, Raising Dion, I am not ok with this, Fast Color, etc. etc. etc. All of this feels very X-Men-esque to me.

    How can a new X-Men movie or series really compete with all this material without boring anybody to death in 2023?

    also other marvel properties like Guardians of the Galaxy (which for me is basically Claremont's space X-Men) and Eternals seem to take away already a lot from what made the X-Men comics special in the first place.

    I hope I'm wrong though...
    Lol. The X-men will work because the X-men is adventures of Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean grey, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Storm, Gambit, Psylocke, Rogue fighting against Sentinels, Magneto, Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister. If it was just concept everyone would be successful doing it. The X-men isn't super successful because conceptual it is something amazing( but it is pretty good), The X-men works because the core cast of 20 to 30 characters are really good. When Marvel was pushing the Inhumans the X-men franchise was never in a danger because the X-men aren't 200 plus characters you see them using right now it is 20 to 30 well designed characters.

    The extended cast of characters might be in a little trouble they might not be enough demand from them make X-factor or Excalibur and that is where all those concepts on the market might hurt them but Overall X-men franchise is going to be fine. Because even more than the set up, The core cast is amazing and that is what actually carries the franchise.

  4. #79
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    And yet they are investing in Deadpool 3. Which will be R-rated. And in the MCU. So you’re right, the present is a great prediction for the future... and the future is looking brighter every day.
    I never said they are not investing in deadpool, infact they are to some extent, one of the more reasons r rated deadpool is likely going to be unnecessary in the end. many r movies are sill very dumbed down and un-earning of the rating.

    if anyone is walking unto deadpool 3 thinking they will get a quentin tarantino movie, they will be very disappointed.

  5. #80
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,655

    Default

    I’m expecting to get something similar to Deadpool 1 & 2 and believe that’s what I’ll get. I get it. You don’t like Marvel Studios-Disney and are expecting the worst. I’m optimistic that they’re willing to try some new things, including making R-rated content with all the mature IP they acquired from FOX.

  6. #81
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Personally, I'm a little skeptical if the X-Men will ever be really successful again. I feel like pop culture really absorbed superhero cinema to the fullest and the themes from the X-Men comics in particular are really everywhere all the time these days.

    The Magicians, Project Power, Fate: the WINX Saga, Umbrella Academy, Raising Dion, I am not ok with this, Fast Color, etc. etc. etc. All of this feels very X-Men-esque to me.

    How can a new X-Men movie or series really compete with all this material without boring anybody to death in 2023?

    .
    I think x-men will be successful again, at least in terms of money will they be successful again from an Artistic POV?. The answer is no.

    Will there be any xmen movie in 2023 that would be worth talking about in 2043? No.



    How can a new X-Men movie or series really compete with all this material without boring anybody to death in 2023?
    someone xplained this on the tv film forum,his name was Revolutionaryjack . marvel studios makes movies very quickly. it's similar to a large factory, everything is quickly mass produced, their scripts dont differ from the other and their post production are very fast and done since they reuse the same tech . it is easy to have multiple x-men movies, however the more they make them, the more they breakdown fast in quality.

    if you are worried about the movie boring anyone to death, that will be because the first xmen movie in 2023, high chances you have already seen it before because most if not all marvel movies are the same.


    Batman will have many more reboots by the time rob pattinson batman film is out, I don't see people saying it is going to bore them. this is because every batman movie always has a different interpretation and brings something new. Disney Plus-Marvel is not capable of that kind of film-making with xmen. they can only re-use their other films and put xmen's name on it. Should there be a disney plus show, how is it going to be different from wandavision? again i am not saying the show is bad since i dont watch it, but i know the limits of what that type of show can do on disneyplus.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-27-2021 at 06:31 AM.

  7. #82
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Can you show me any disney rated PG or Universal rating movie with a similar scene to this.



    I find it odd that people want to try and convince others that disney plus or disney itself has the exact same material as others when the biggest thing that has ever come out of disney plus and modern disney is Baby Yoda which is perhaps the greatest commercial advertising of toys for the 21st century,.
    Sure. The Gamora and Nebula interaction in Guardians 2(but I forgot for you it was jokes all the time) for just one example of this two movies.
    Steve crashing the plane in the ice and saying good-bye to Peggy. And a lot more.

    And thanks for the laugh: You writing about "real cineama world of objectivity" is one of the greatest jokes written here.

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Lol. The X-men will work because the X-men is adventures of Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean grey, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Storm, Gambit, Psylocke, Rogue fighting against Sentinels, Magneto, Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister. If it was just concept everyone would be successful doing it. The X-men isn't super successful because conceptual it is something amazing( but it is pretty good), The X-men works because the core cast of 20 to 30 characters are really good. When Marvel was pushing the Inhumans the X-men franchise was never in a danger because the X-men aren't 200 plus characters you see them using right now it is 20 to 30 well designed characters.

    The extended cast of characters might be in a little trouble they might not be enough demand from them make X-factor or Excalibur and that is where all those concepts on the market might hurt them but Overall X-men franchise is going to be fine. Because even more than the set up, The core cast is amazing and that is what actually carries the franchise.
    The only reason it's perceived like that is because Fox barely did any spin-offs about other teams. We got things like Wolverine and Deadpool, and New Mutants was an afterthought. Marvel has incredible opportunities with Disney+ to put the more obscure titles like Excalibur, X-23, and Maverick there. X-Force could be a movie or tv show. Cable would probably get is own movies.

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The only reason it's perceived like that is because Fox barely did any spin-offs about other teams. We got things like Wolverine and Deadpool, and New Mutants was an afterthought. Marvel has incredible opportunities with Disney+ to put the more obscure titles like Excalibur, X-23, and Maverick there. X-Force could be a movie or tv show. Cable would probably get is own movies.
    We are talking about different things to be clear, What I am talking about has nothing to do with Fox. What I am talking about is before Disney bought Fox, Marvel made a switch from mutants to Inhumans as the source of random powers at Marvel And put storylines in that they could be any more mutants. The X-men franchise was never in any danger because they could tell a story indefinitely with the top 20 to 30 characters with zero care for the supplementary characters. The line is better with supplementary characters around but X-men could cut down to about 5 books X-men, Uncanny X-men, New Mutants, X-force each with 7 people per team, and maybe an anthology or book about the school. Realistically the actual X-men is about 35 characters with a heavy emphasis on about 14 characters. What actually carries the franchise is those 14 characters.

    That is what I was trying to explain to the other poster they are several stuff on the market that might be similar now but it is the quality of the core characters that carries the franchise

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •