Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Making Deadpool 3 “by the skin of their teeth”? Where do folks get this stuff? Feige came out and said they’re excited about it, Ryan will be back, it’s R-rated and in the MCU. Clearly they’re going to make some R-rated content in the future. Possibly Blade? Or X-Force? Maybe bring back the Punisher show? They’re going to have a darker, R-rated corner of the MCU. And based on the commercial success of the first two Deadpool films, I’d be willing to bet DP3 will make lots of money and ergo X-Force is not a long shot at all. This is a business after all.

My prediction is that on their streaming service these movies and shows will have some parental control where they can be turned off. Again, that’s what they’re doing with Star outside the U.S. It will be integrated into the Dis+ platform with the ability for parents to turn it off/prevent access to it for their younger kids. With Disney owning 70% of Hulu now, I could see them doing the same in the U.S. with Hulu. Integrate it and its content into Dis+ as a separate section with that ability to turn it off for younger kids. That’s probably where they’d store the R-rated MCU stuff.

Here’s a piece on Star and how it will work...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10/...onal-movies-tv

Star is a free tier within Disney Plus for subscribers in Europe, Canada, and New Zealand that will be fully integrated into Disney Plus. It will be accessible as the sixth brand tile in the app. Essentially, this will carry a number of shows from Disney’s other non-main franchise brands. That means shows from FX and movies from 20th Century will be available to stream. People will be able to choose if they want to watch shows with higher age ratings.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 01-26-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I tell people to be careful what they wish or ask for, the reason I am not officially hyped is because I know a lot of disney plus and disney xmen movies will likely be terrible and extremely generic compared to the best of what we have already seen. one thing I have discovered now is that people are more excited about the idea of things than the reality of things.

It's exciting to think of a new xmen show, it a bummer when you realise you are not getting something as uniquely different as Legion or X-Men TAS for 1992. Instead Just another generic MCU comic book romp hyped up by the well oiled Disney machine with little art
    The Fox movies have been terrible, so Disney doesn't exactly have a high bar to complete with. So I know I'm gonna probably enjoy what they bring out. *shrugs*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Making Deadpool 3 “by the skin of their teeth”? Where do folks get this stuff? Feige came out and said they’re excited about it, Ryan will be back, it’s R-rated and in the MCU. Clearly they’re going to make some R-rated content in the future. Possibly Blade? Or X-Force? Maybe bring back the Punisher show? They’re going to have a darker, R-rated corner of the MCU. And based on the commercial success of the first two Deadpool films, I’d be willing to bet DP3 will make lots of money and ergo X-Force is not a long shot at all. This is a business after all.

My prediction is that on their streaming service these movies and shows will have some parental control where they can be turned off. Again, that’s what they’re doing with Star outside the U.S. It will be integrated into the Dis+ platform with the ability for parents to turn it off/prevent access to it for their younger kids. With Disney owning 70% of Hulu now, I could see them doing the same in the U.S. with Hulu. Integrate it and its content into Dis+ as a separate section with that ability to turn it off for younger kids. That’s probably where they’d store the R-rated MCU stuff.

Here’s a piece on Star and how it will work...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10/...onal-movies-tv
    They are making deadpool 3 by the skin of their teeth because disney forcefully closed the door on R before they bought fox, Disney's pg 13 needs even more heavy parental consent than the average pg 13 movie. with deadpool they had no choice because that character had so forcefully redefined r rated movies that disney has no other option but to make his movies r but that is where it ends, the content will likely not be worth it anymore on disney like Joker or Logan or DOFP PG

disney is likely to limit r content not expand it, it ends with deadpool 3. I think some MCU fans need to read Bob Iger's book: ride of a lifetime, their goal for what they planned to do with marvel seem to have worked. it was always Disney's intention to strip away the mature and heavier content of marvel and trimmed it down to appeal to ''kids'', that goal is always going to be the primary source of every marvel live action. it is never going to change.

BANNED

Once again there is not a different "Disney Rating" and the normal rating. But remembering what you wrote in the "When will Marvel Studios officially announce their first R Rated film." thread you will even use this made-up stuff to bolster your "facts" once again. Would almost be funny if it was not so sad.

But your answer, if you answer at all will certainly be MCU movies are just jokes and have nothing serious in them. And you will be wrong once again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    The Fox movies have been terrible, so Disney doesn't exactly have a high bar to complete with. So I know I'm gonna probably enjoy what they bring out. *shrugs*
    LOL. I understand the narrative of saying the fox movies have all been terrible. but in the real cineama world of objectivity, disney has a low bar, they have the lowest bar because disney mostly only makes light fun comedies with little depth all done to appeal to kids and not in the best ways.

If you want to talk of high bar, you do know fox only success with xmen was when they told and embraced the darker, gritter, political content of the xmen universe? the bar of disney is light fun and jokes and cgi action set peices. a lot of themes and visual styles that fox allowed in their movies will not be in disney movies since disney will find them too mature even if they are not really.

And it's not just content also style of movies and tv, Fox outside of the nolan's batman found success making comic book movies were the top priority was not to sell toys and action figures, they made comic book movies that were more grounded and fleshed out with the plot of the movie that was directed more like drama.

disney's bar is still all about generic comic book tropes and first grade superhero stories. Fox set a bar high with the best of what they did. Even with my mixed feelings of X-men 3, I still commend the movie for doing something worthy with the cure story arc. That cure storyline can never be done justice in any disney plus movie because disney would find the story extremely heavy and complex to the point that it will overshadow their light fun comedy formula . that is how low disney's bar is. X-men 3 met higher standards with story telling and that is not even a great xmen film.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-26-2021 at 08:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Once again there is not a different "Disney Rating" and the normal rating. But remembering what you wrote in the "When will Marvel Studios officially announce their first R Rated film." thread you will even use this made-up stuff to bolster your "facts" once again. Would almost be funny if it was not so sad.

But your answer, if you answer at all will certainly be MCU movies are just jokes and have nothing serious in them. And you will be wrong once again.
    Can you show me any disney rated PG or Universal rating movie with a similar scene to this.

I find it odd that people want to try and convince others that disney plus or disney itself has the exact same material as others when the biggest thing that has ever come out of disney plus and modern disney is Baby Yoda which is perhaps the greatest commercial advertising of toys for the 21st century,.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-26-2021 at 07:38 AM.

They are making deadpool 3 by the skin of their teeth because disney forcefully closed the door on R before they bought fox, Disney's pg 13 needs even more heavy parental consent than the average pg 13 movie. with deadpool they had no choice because that character had so forcefully redefined r rated movies that disney has no other option but to make his movies r but that is where it ends, the content will likely not be worth it anymore on disney like Joker or Logan or DOFP PG

disney is likely to limit r content not expand it, it ends with deadpool 3. I think some MCU fans need to read Bob Iger's book: ride of a lifetime, their goal for what they planned to do with marvel seem to have worked. it was always Disney's intention to strip away the mature and heavier content of marvel and trimmed it down to appeal to ''kids'', that goal is always going to be the primary source of every marvel live action. it is never going to change.
    And your source for this? Oh. Yeah. It’s your own head. Meanwhile, I provided a link showing how they’re actively integrating R-rated content into their Disney+ platform. They own a ton of mature IP from the FOX merger. They’re not going to just throw that all away. Sorry, man. But you’re wrong on this. Deadpool 3 is not a one and done, nor will it be the only foray into mature content for the MCU.

BANNED

And your source for this? Oh. Yeah. It’s your own head. Meanwhile, I provided a link showing how they’re actively integrating R-rated content into their Disney+ platform. They own a ton of mature IP from the FOX merger. They’re not going to just throw that all away. Sorry, man. But you’re wrong on this. Deadpool 3 is not a one and done, nor will it be the only foray into mature content for the MCU.
    It's not in my own head. here are some sources

https://comicbook.com/news/kevin-fei...never-go-dark/

https://www.cbr.com/why-disney-didnt...oner-too-edgy/

I don't see how disney is now going to do a 180 turn around, Please also look at their last films before the COVID 19 pandemic, Endgame, Far from home, captain marvel. these things are not in the same class as Logan or Legion, I will even put Deadpool 2 above these movies because Deadpool 2 had a very controversial bold story that not many comic movies will want to touch.

the future will tell, won't it but I strongly believe Deadpool 3 will be one and done and even that will not be worth it.

We should not be worried about deadpool r, I am not a die hard r fan, infact the more I watch old hollywood movies the less I like r rated films but i still dont mind it when it is worth it.

what we should be worried about is Disney pg 13 xmen and their impending incompetence to address what makes the comics so fantastic and no it is not CGI Battles or setting up a connection to another marvel series that we dont care about.

Disney now owns a ton of R-rated IP. They will do more R-rated stuff, including MCU projects like Deadpool or X-Force. You don’t spend $71B on a bunch of IP only to shelve a lot of it. Especially IP that is highly profitable like the Deadpool franchise. In fact, they’re currently integrating some of that IP into Disney+, which they’ve said is pretty much “the future” for them (streaming). As I pointed out with the article on Star.

But you’re right. The future will tell. No sense in debating it here. I’m just going to sit back and watch it happen. Just like I sat back and watched after I said repeatedly that they would do Deadpool 3, it would be R-rated, and it would be in the MCU. And now that has been confirmed, as predicted.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 01-26-2021 at 08:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Can you show me any disney rated PG or Universal rating movie with a similar scene to this.

I find it odd that people want to try and convince others that disney plus or disney itself has the exact same material as others when the biggest thing that has ever come out of disney plus and modern disney is Baby Yoda which is perhaps the greatest commercial advertising of toys for the 21st century,.
    Does Disney have any scene as good as that? Well, alright, most Disney films have a scene at least as good and dramatic as that scene. The chicken singing a sad song in the all-animal animated Robin Hood was at least that good.

Edit: note to self, do not try to post while on the treadmill.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 01-26-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post

This just sounds like you downplaying the fact characters who make up the Avengets are typically people who hold their own books.
    That's always the case because sure I don't a Wonder Man book being a mainstay, but there's a reason why there's always a Captain America book, always an Iron Man book why there's always a Thor book and rarely a Beast or Cyclops book.

No it doesn't at all, what I'm disputing is the revisionist history some have in regards to Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America solo title sells. Yes, those mentioned have consistently held their own solo titles HOWEVER and this is the point I was making. These titles are not gangbusters and many have sold around the amount of some X-men solo titles, the difference is usually the Avengers titles are relaunched while X-men solo outings are canceled after a handful of issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    No it doesn't at all, what I'm disputing is the revisionist history some have in regards to Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America solo title sells. Yes, those mentioned have consistently held their own solo titles HOWEVER and this is the point I was making. These titles are not gangbusters and many have sold around the amount of some X-men solo titles, the difference is usually the Avengers titles are relaunched while X-men solo outings are canceled after a handful of issues.
    You say that but the post you were responding simply said Avengers characters such as Cap and Iron Man were able to headline their own solo books, which is not revising history its a fact, at no point did anyone say they always do gangbusters.
    And for all this talk about how X-Men solo outings get the same numbers as Avengers so far all you've done is just say it and that's it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Does Disney have any scene as good as that? Well, alright, most Disney films have a scene at least as good and dramatic as that scene. The chicken singing a sad song in the all-animal animated Robin Hood was at least that good.

Edit: note to self, do not try to post while on the treadmill.

You know I have many problems with xmen 3, but this is a movie that can be easily corrected since the foundation is good to build on like the cure story line.

Asking disney to make a movie or disney plus show about the cure and push the dramatic tone of the movie further is impossible. for all we know at disney, the cure is light hearted sitcom

. I am not even watching wandavision as i dont have disney plus but from what I am hearing and reading, nothing is surprising. sitcom keeps coming up which is strange because of all the characters, wanda is the least likely to be in a sitcom. I dont doubt many fans that it is a good show that fits on disney plus, maybe as good as percy jackson will be on disney plus to harry potter that will be better at hbo max.

Disney now owns a ton of R-rated IP. They will do more R-rated stuff, including MCU projects like Deadpool or X-Force. You don’t spend $71B on a bunch of IP only to shelve a lot of it. Especially IP that is highly profitable like the Deadpool franchise. In fact, they’re currently integrating some of that IP into Disney+, which they’ve said is pretty much “the future” for them (streaming). As I pointed out with the article on Star.

But you’re right. The future will tell. No sense in debating it here. I’m just going to sit back and watch it happen. Just like I sat back and watched after I said repeatedly that they would do Deadpool 3, it would be R-rated, and it would be in the MCU. And now that has been confirmed, as predicted.
    Disney does not primarily invest in their real r rated IP. they invest in them in secondary format. meaning they have some stakes and ownership of other mini studios both have zero say to what the studio does. For example, disney owns ABC but disney is not deciding what the writing of many abc tv shows should be aka how to get away with murder Disney has primary ownership of marvel and star wars at least, meaning they have a big say to what happens on those movies.

yeah, the future will tell but the current present is a great prediction for the future.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-26-2021 at 02:38 PM.

And yet they are investing in Deadpool 3. Which will be R-rated. And in the MCU. So you’re right, the present is a great prediction for the future... and the future is looking brighter every day.

Incredible Member

They *SCREWED UP* the Mulan Live Action Film

Mulan (2020 film) - Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org › wiki › Mulan_(2020_film)

Mulan is a 2020 American action drama film produced by Walt Disney Pictures. It is a live-action adaptation of Disney's 1998 animated film of the same name, itself based on the Chinese folklore story, "The Ballad of Mulan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulan_(2020_film)

If they couldn't get this right, what makes you think they could handle anything more complex?