Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Unless Disney folds or the MCU finally stops generating tons of money we’re going to get both. The A listers will most likely debut on the big screen and then after 2-4 years of movies we’ll get a D+ show. Heck we might even get the D+ show after year 1.
    And This. It is a mortal lock that we get both.

If you don't think X-men can work on TV invite you to watch Season 1 of Heroes and Alphas season 2.

Also the words TV budget is misleading Game of Thrones was 15 million per episode, The flash cost per episode is about 2 or 3 million and is around 6 million for some now I believe. Streaming and Premium TV are different monsters than network TV. Many streaming shows today have budgets of around 130 million or higher with Amazon spending 250 to gets the TV rights for Lotor and each season cost more than 150 million.

They're definetely gonna have X-Men Movies, and then they can make Disney+ spinoffs for the characters like WandaVision and all the upcoming shows.

I think the idea that TV shows will have a smaller budget (and thus will not look as well produced) is an outdated notion. Just look at shows like The Mandalorian. Streaming services are pouring millions into shows these days, and Disney/Marvel are reportedly giving movie-sized budgets to their Disney+ shows. It's pretty much a guarantee we'll be getting X-movies, but I hope we get some shows, too, because some stories can be much better told over the longer format that a show provides.

BANNED

There is no "or". Theatres are done if not for good right now, then soon.

You will get your X-Men in spades (and hearts and clubs and diamonds, chere) on Disney+, sometimes in one 2.5 hour chunk, sometimes in weekly 1-hour bites.

Inevitably, some things, particularly the smaller subfranchises, will see more time in side shows, rather than the big productions.

Give me my lil 8-episode Gen Hope story.

If they give it Amazon's Lord of the Rings level budget they can probably do whatever they want.

Probably they will follow the current model of movies with spin-off tv shows. Personally I would be fine if the left Cyclops on the sidelines of the movies with they made him the main character on his own tv show.

Both.

X-men is strong enough to be a universe onto itself. So I'd lean into that with an X-men movie followed by X-factor investigations Disney + show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Unless Disney folds or the MCU finally stops generating tons of money we’re going to get both. The A listers will most likely debut on the big screen and then after 2-4 years of movies we’ll get a D+ show. Heck we might even get the D+ show after year 1.

I would put animation in its own category as I wouldn’t be surprised if that actually debuted before the movies since I assume it can be done easier than filming a movie or show during this pandemic.
    I agree. Think we’ll get both. I could see the X-men as a team developed into a feature film, but possibly a solo character like Wolverine getting his own Dis+ series. Or possibly something darker that they put on Hulu (in the U.S.) and Star (internationally) where they house R-rated content. That’s for sure where Deadpool 3 is going. Possibly Blade too if it’s R-rated (which it should be).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I agree. Think we’ll get both. I could see the X-men as a team developed into a feature film, but possibly a solo character like Wolverine getting his own Dis+ series. Or possibly something darker that they put on Hulu (in the U.S.) and Star (internationally) where they house R-rated content. That’s for sure where Deadpool 3 is going. Possibly Blade too if it’s R-rated (which it should be).
    Well, if Deadpool 3 is integrated in the MCU, it should be on the same plateform as all the other MCU movies. The same goes for the X-Men.

The X-Men could be turned into multiple shows/cartoons:
    - New Mutants
    - Academy X
    - Powe Pack
    - Old Man Logan
    - Cable
    - Magneto

Deadpool 3 and other R-rated content could be integrated into Disney+ but they’ll need a way to allow parents to opt in or out of mature R-rated content. They have this overseas with Star, which is going to be integrated into Dis+ with that feature (parental controls can turn off access so younger kids can’t view it). Time will tell if they do the same here in the States. Perhaps with Hulu, which they own I think 70% of now with the FOX merger.

Astonishing Member

It’s going to be both guaranteed. The only question is which will come first.

The TV budget would ordinarily have been a concern for me too but given how much money they've clearly put into things like the Mandalorian and by the looks of it, the MCU shows...maybe it's not too valid a concern. If they did something like 8-10 episodes with GoT level budgets for each I could see a series being a really interesting way to go. Also, given how popular Wolverine is, the option to do a series may be a good way to prevent him from being the focus all the time.

Agreed. Another layup in my view would be a X-Force series spinning out of Deadpool 3 starring Cable (Josh Brolin) and Domino (Zazie Beetz), and the occasional guest appearance by Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds). Make it like the A-Team meets Fast & Furious, but with mutant sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    It’s going to be both guaranteed. The only question is which will come first.
    And where each person's favorite characters land.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Movies for the big money.
    TV Shows for the brand awareness and streaming crowd.
    Cartoon for getting children/youths into the franchise, toy sales, expanded universe and to get the stuff on screen which would be too expensive to make in movies or tv shows (like space adventures and the mutants with the truely unique looking physical appearances).

They can do the whole "let's get our money worth out of the IP" treatment, though the quality would be a big concern seeing how most of the recent marvel cartoons were relative cheap cash ins that tied themself too much to trying to fit the movies.

Both in fact i take 10 D+ and 10 Xmen Mcu movies if you may please